What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Competition’s strugglers crying poor ?

Gareth67

First Grade
BAF546A0-A336-46ED-AF06-7E3CEEAEEDD3.jpeg

Just in from Fox Sports - apparently the poor sods are short of a dollar and are asking the NRL for salary cap relief due to Boyd Cordner’s constant concussions.

I say no they should not been entitled to one damn penny . The reason is not one of vindictiveness against the club , but quite simply they allowed the poor man to continue to play match after match knowing full well that he should never had been allowed to take the field in the first place .

I do sincerely hope that they have enough common sense to have Luke Keary closely monitored during each match he plays , as we do not wish to see 2 fine rugby league players gone from the game for good .

It is up to the NRL to take concrete steps now to ensure that all players are protected in the future not only by the recent measures introduced by the game’s administration , but also to ensure that the clubs themselves are following the rules for the sake of the players wellbeing .

IMO the Roosters have let Cordner down , they had a duty of care to him as to the entire team . I hope that he is able to overcome his concussions and live a decent life after footy .

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
View attachment 45602

Just in from Fox Sports - apparently the poor sods are short of a dollar and are asking the NRL for salary cap relief due to Boyd Cordner’s constant constant concussions.

I say no they should not been entitled to one damn penny . The reason is not one of vindictiveness against the club , but quite simply they allowed the poor man to continue to play match after match knowing full well that he should never had been allowed to take the field in the first place .

I do sincerely hope that they have enough common sense to have Luke Keary closely monitored during each match he plays , as we do not wish to see 2 fine rugby league players gone from the game for good .

It is up to the NRL to take concrete steps now to ensure that all players are protected in the future for the sake of their health .

IMO the Roosters have let Cordner down , they had a duty of care to him as to the entire team . I hope that he is able to overcome his concussions and live a decent life after footy .
f**k off roosters!! Instead of crying poor maybe their medical team should be asked some hard questions in relation to this as blind Freddy could see Cordner was struggling many times last year. Look after your captains health. If he needs 12 weeks off then he gets 12 weeks off. No salary cap relief you tossers

View attachment 45602

Just in from Fox Sports - apparently the poor sods are short of a dollar and are asking the NRL for salary cap relief due to Boyd Cordner’s constant constant concussions.

It is up to the NRL to take concrete steps now to ensure that all players are protected in the future for the sake of their health .

As if we needed another reason to hate the Roosters.

TruSaint

Referee
View attachment 45602

Player welfare eh ?

f**k em NRL.

possm

Coach
So the Roosters pay overs for that young fullback they pinched from Souths even though they have Tedesco. Now they cry poor while at the same time they are asking the NRL to give an age exemption for the young new fullback.

jak

Bench
View attachment 45602

totally agree,well said mate

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Meanwhile the 7 roosters members are watching other teams fans reactions like:

images

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Question - Did St George Illawarra get immediate salary cap relief for JDB as the event happened or did we have to fight tooth & nail to get some form of relief, way after the fact, if at all?

Yet, here we are heading into the 2021 season and the Rorters want to get pre-event relief, before the before Cordner has even had anytime off this season !

What a pantomime the nrl are.

Gareth67

First Grade
So the Roosters pay overs for that young fullback they pinched from Souths even though they have Tedesco. Now they cry poor while at the same time they are asking the NRL to give an age exemption for the young new fullback.

It would appear that they have no shame , no scruples that mob possum . They expect the world and if they don’t get it , then look out .

Gareth67

First Grade
I wonder if we would stand any chance of receiving some compensation from the NRL for the 7 years under the maestro ?

I reckon it’s worth a shot , let’s fill out the paperwork ( put a Roosters logo on it ) mail it in and who knows - after all this V’landys chap seems to be a nice enough fellow . :thinking:

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
So teams loose players such as;
- knee SEASON
- medial ligament SEASON
- Achilles SEASON
- JACK DEBELIN 2 SEASONS
and get no relief from NRL yet rorters can get relief for 12 weeks on Cordner!

Yep it would appear that the Rorters have the NRL on a string - err I mean that the NRL have the Rorters on a string .:thinking:

Wayne's World

First Grade
Can't see how they could be entitled for salary cap relief for concussion when he only got concussed once in Origin. His problem is repeated head knocks which didn't happen in Origin. It's rorting the rule.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Now why would the Rosters want $350k relief for this year. Its not like they will be able to sign a real replacement for Cordner for the twelve weeks period.

Given the reduction of $580k salary cap for 2021 (6% reduction) I would guess that The Rosters might be over the salary cap allowance. Now if this assumption is correct, and the NRL does not open up pandoras box ( all clubs asking for relief whenever a play gets injured), the Roosters will need to shed players.

They can't shed players at or close to minimum wage was they will need to replace that player with another to achieve the 30 player squad.

I might be wrong but I think the Rosters will need to release one of their mid or high end players and replace them with a low salaried player.