What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Jane Murray

Bench
How did we one up them? We both gained a player we needed by trading a player we didnt.

The biggest winner if anything is probably Laurie since he likely gets a pay bump from this.
It has been reported that the Tigers were not willing to release Momirovski. To me, that speaks volumes, and I do agree with Daine being the winner. He plays first grade, and most likely, would have had his pay rise.

NRL news, Paul Momirovski locked in release stand-off with Wests Tigers: report (nine.com.au)

betcats

Referee

Adam jeffries

Juniors
The club has done a great job in the depth options Momo for Laurie is a great trade, we need a centre and Laurie still has a lot to prove.
Salmon is a good signing can cover edge back row, Centre, lock and 6 and is still only 22 plenty of time

mxlegend99

Referee
It has been reported that the Tigers were not willing to release Momirovski. To me, that speaks volumes, and I do agree with Daine being the winner. He plays first grade, and most likely, would have had his pay rise.

NRL news, Paul Momirovski locked in release stand-off with Wests Tigers: report (nine.com.au)
We weren't willing to let Laurie go either. Neither team let their player go. The clubs both used their players desire to leave to gain something themselves.

Honestly this is one of our best bits of business since Gus left and there's no downside for either club or player. Both teams improved their rosters.

Kilkenny

Coach
The club has done a great job in the depth options Momo for Laurie is a great trade, we need a centre and Laurie still has a lot to prove.
Salmon is a good signing can cover edge back row, Centre, lock and 6 and is still only 22 plenty of time

I say this with the utmost respect to Jaemon Salmon I truly hope he has a decent season in NSW Cup and does enough for another club to pick him up from 2022. I hope he doesn’t get any where near our NRL side because if he does that will surely mean we have been decimated by injury.

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah bar a few that were straight out against Momo for whatever reason, I think most of the concern was the fact that we were supposedly so tight with cash that a swap like this would cause us to possibly lose another one of our players.

The club must have sorted that out so it’s pretty hard for anyone to think it’s a bad deal now. We have gone from having a promising player in Laurie who has already signed to play elsewhere, and if he stayed was probably still 4th in line at his actual position to now having a player who has proven he can do it in first grade already and one that will be right up there for selection in the team for round 1 :shrug:♂️
He'll probably come back after a few seasons.

MugaB

Coach
Both hands, we only look silly!
Most of you guys were so against the Momo /Laurie trade when it was first announced. I don’t think there is one person complaining about it today. Is Whare that important?
I complained, and i still don't rate him, i'd rather be wrong tho, hopefully he goes well, or as expected Naden WILL take his spot, i just don't want that to happen in an important deciding game like when Coach subbed in May in the finals... hopefully we can see the other 3 signatures this week, that guarantee the leaders and stars of our club, Yeo, Luai and Critta, then a Depth Prop.

Otherwise signing a whinging Momo from the WoESTSmeTigers could f**k our cap, for an average return, my issue is that we already have a top4 roster that has a 1-2 year window of winning a GF, but we could also blow our cap even if we did win, coz of average buys we didn't really need, i just hope momo is worth the cap space

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Mom is signed for this year and next he isn’t going to blow out our cap. He can be negotiating with another club in November if it doesn’t work out here for him and we can let him go.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Dogs are making a play for Burton to come early. They have offered up a few suggestions of players to swap. Napa is one of them.
At the moment all we are doing is listening to their offers.

A straight swap for Napa would be very good. Still a good prop. Aslong as your not paying a cent.

According to Wikipedia it was. In front of some poor Irish lady. Got dragged before a beak for it too.

Yeah that’s what I vaguely recall. I remember it made ALL the major headlines and there were literally calls to have him banned, executed, etc.....(or so it seemed).

Then I remember his first game back which was against the Dragons at Penrith Stadium. It was sold out and the Dragons fans were absolutely giving it to Gower, yelling out, “ALCOHOLIC” and other “pleasantries”.

He went on the tear the Dragons a new one and got man of the match honours (I think). We ended up winning 27-6.

Latest posts