What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 Do you know if J'maine Hopgood is the type of lock forward that can ball play? 1 or 2 injuries at lock and I imagine Ivan would rather shift a more experienced player there but I remember Gus saying he plays very mature for his age so if he can serve as that link player role that Yeo does I'd rather have him in the team over we can keep that link role alive. All I know about him is that he has a high work rate, does a lot of tough stuff and seems pretty respected in the lower grade teams he played in.

Ball play, no. Franklin covered it. More in the Martin mould.

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
Any news on front row signings?
Is the club hoping that Luke Bain from Bathurst who played the past couple of years at South Sydney can step up and take a top 30 spot?

Nope he isn't he is more like Martin

Luke Bain is named to play tomorrow fits that role. He is the one Blade said that had been belting guys in training

He has a shot. A couple after those last few spots. He has been ripping in at training. No footy last year hurt his development. Loves putting in the effort in defence. Very hard hitter. Very committed to learn and do the basics right first.
We were after him a few years ago, but he got a better offer from Souths. Now he is here.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
He has a shot. A couple after those last few spots. He has been ripping in at training. No footy last year hurt his development. Loves putting in the effort in defence. Very hard hitter. Very committed to learn and do the basics right first.
We were after him a few years ago, but he got a better offer from Souths. Now he is here.

I am keen to see how him and Tanner go. Both fit what we need. Tago I think is just too young

betcats

Referee
Depends on injuries, him and the team. He has a few players in front of him at the moment.
We had basically no footy last for lower grades. Hopgood is one guy you don't want to rush. This is why guys like Sorenson are good for a year.

Has Sorensen got bigger this off-season? he looks pretty jacked in some of the training pics.

Sorry I don’t rate Hopgood.
Haven’t seen enough of Tanner to comment.
Tago is a gun but needs a couple of years in the lower grades to develop.

I can see him being a fan favourite should he make it all the way to a regular First Grade spot.

Imagine what the “Bain brings the Pain” signs would look like!!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Dreadful scoreline in flegg trial. 38-4......what's happened ? sounds like the Panthers didn't bother turning up or the dogs team is good ?

Kilkenny

Coach
Sorry I don’t rate Hopgood.
Haven’t seen enough of Tanner to comment.
Tago is a gun but needs a couple of years in the lower grades to develop.

Dont have to apologise.. I thought he looked good on Saturday night. Needs a season in NSW Cup to develop but he looks a really solid competitor with a good motor and very solid in defence. Tago likewise see how he progresses after a full season in the lower grades.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dreadful scoreline in flegg trial. 38-4......what's happened ? sounds like the Panthers didn't bother turning up or the dogs team is good ?

Barely competed a set in the entire game. Just kept turning the ball over. It was painful to watch. It wasn’t that they didn’t turn up, just could keep possession and Bulldogs were a big side who hit hard in defence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Barely competed a set in the entire game. Just kept turning the ball over. It was painful to watch. It wasn’t that they didn’t turn up, just could keep possession and Bulldogs were a big side who hit hard in defence.

Turuva, Tago and co going back down will help them

Latest posts