What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Competition Time

mikeob

Juniors
Rich is going to run the tipping competition same as he does every season. Beaver suggested a different competition that he had picked up from the NFL but doesn't have the time to run it. So I will run it and have modified it for rugby league. It is a long season and to make it worthwhile I think we need a minimum of 10 players. The rules are:

Choose your 8 winners each week and nominate them from top to bottom in order of confidence, if top of your list wins, you get 8 points, 2nd pick 7 points, down to lowest confidence earning 1 point. Max of 36pts per round so things can change very quick. Points will be awarded for what the score is at the end of 80 minutes. No golden point. This means you can predict a draw. Correctly predicting a draw means you will get your original score multiplied by 2 or 3. That's open for discussion. I expect there will be split rounds; if they happen we will reduce the points to be the same as the number of games. Competition completes at the completion of round 26. Let us know if you are interested.

If it happens we are going to name it Confidence Tipping.

nswarrior

Juniors
Rich is going to run the tipping competition same as he does every season. Beaver suggested a different competition that he had picked up from the NFL but doesn't have the time to run it. So I will run it and have modified it for rugby league. It is a long season and to make it worthwhile I think we need a minimum of 10 players. The rules are:

Choose your 8 winners each week and nominate them from top to bottom in order of confidence, if top of your list wins, you get 8 points, 2nd pick 7 points, down to lowest confidence earning 1 point. Max of 36pts per round so things can change very quick. Points will be awarded for what the score is at the end of 80 minutes. No golden point. This means you can predict a draw. Correctly predicting a draw means you will get your original score multiplied by 2 or 3. That's open for discussion. I expect there will be split rounds; if they happen we will reduce the points to be the same as the number of games. Competition completes at the completion of round 26. Let us know if you are interested.

Mmmm - keen but that sounds complex. How about a tipping comp where you just pick winners like normal people

Big Marn

Juniors
Mmmm - keen but that sounds complex. How about a tipping comp where you just pick winners like normal people
er, we already have that... as mentioned at the start of the post. This is for people who are interested in something a bit more exotic.

Sign me up Mikeob.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member

Hi nswarrior and others.
Our regular tipping competition will appear here next Monday 8th March

Toneoh

Juniors

I’m in

JJ

Immortal

To confirm, points are given for every correct winner? You don’t have to get the top one right to get further points? Think I’ve answered myself, that would be brutal

mikeob

Juniors
To confirm, points are given for every correct winner? You don’t have to get the top one right to get further points? Think I’ve answered myself, that would be brutal
Points for every correct winner. I will, with help from Rich get it setup Monday and will put my entry in first. I am in Qld so 3 hours behind NZ and my days of getting up early are gone but it will be ready by late afternoon NZ time.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Count me in. I reckon 3x points for picking a draw- people are unlikely to predict draws at the top of their list anyway.

mikeob

Juniors
Count me in. I reckon 3x points for picking a draw- people are unlikely to predict draws at the top of their list anyway.
I agree. When I post for Round 1 on Monday along with the rules I will post a link about golden point games. Draws after 80 minutes are fairly rare. There have been 18 in the last 3 seasons from 576 games.