What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There aren't many NRL fans over here but late last year I started working with a Broncos fan, and we are both pumped for next Friday.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ever get the impression that Dylan Brown does not really care about playing footy?

Hugely talented - but would rather run around Byron knitting Hemp T-shirts it seems.

no no no....

do you think a 16 year old would leave his family and country, to play footy if he didn’t care?

do you think a 18 year old wouId be physically ready for the NRL if they didn’t care and put effort into his training ?

do you think a 18 year wouId push himself so hard to beat Gutho he passes out and needs medical care, if he didn’t care?

do you think a 19 year wouId rehab 24/7 for several months to fix a serious back injury, if he didn’t care ?

do you think a 20 year wouId rehab 24/7 his ankle to return ahead of schedule for a finals match if he didn’t care?

just because he is fairly chilled / relaxed and shows some personality, doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.....

no no no....

do you think a 16 year old would leave his family and country, to play footy if he didn’t care?

do you think a 18 year old wouId be physically ready for the NRL if they didn’t care and put effort into his training ?

do you think a 18 year wouId push himself so hard to beat Gutho he passes out and needs medical care, if he didn’t care?

do you think a 19 year wouId rehab 24/7 for several months to fix a serious back injury, if he didn’t care ?

do you think a 20 year wouId rehab 24/7 his ankle to return ahead of schedule for a finals match if he didn’t care?

just because he is fairly chilled / relaxed and shows some personality, doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.....
Well what's the answer?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ever get the impression that Dylan Brown does not really care about playing footy?

Hugely talented - but would rather run around Byron knitting Hemp T-shirts it seems.

I disagree.

His countless last ditch cover tackle attempts, and runs to the line where he got smashed, don't indicate to me a person who doesn't care.

He's laid back - that's all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I disagree.

His countless last ditch cover tackle attempts, and runs to the line where he got smashed, don't indicate to me a person who doesn't care.

He's laid back - that's all.
I don't think he doesn't care, but I also think caring for 80 minutes on game day is much easier than giving a f**k for hour after hour, day after day through the long grind of an NRL season. It's one of the reasons teams with too much youth struggle with consistency.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Dylan Brown is 20 FFS. He is a future superstar and already has two qualities that many don’t have at his age. The right attitude and great defence. I’d have him in the side before any other back besides the King.

And he runs the ball, generally a skill that can’t be taught or gained with experience or practice....

kicking, passing, “play making, can be gained / improved with practice / experience....

Incorrect

Coach
kicking, passing, “play making, can be gained / improved with practice / experience....
Well I for one hope he hurrys the f**k up because I find him to be completely predictable.

By no means a 'bad' half but he ain't the messiah he was bandied out to be so far. Gronk denigrates Cleary Jnr for being Jeff Robson Mk II. Dylan ain't no better. In fact he's inferior as he has no long kicking game.....

chiefy1

Juniors
And he runs the ball, generally a skill that can’t be taught or gained with experience or practice....

I'd say Dylan's swap to the right will increase the attacking presence on that side counteracting opposition defenses stacking Sivo's side. It's definitely an attacking rather than a defensive switch

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well I for one hope he hurrys the f**k up because I find him to be completely predictable..

going and check what Cronk, Gutho, Thurston, Mahoney, Munster etc etc etc career / ability was like at 20 and what playing making skills they had.....Drown is probably in front of all of them in terms of performances at 20.....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd say Dylan's swap to the right will increase the attacking presence on that side counteracting opposition defenses stacking Sivo's side. It's definitely an attacking rather than a defensive switch

BA briefly mentioned in one of his recent interviews that it will help with straightening up (Drown will ) the attack.

Additionally Drown is a better defender then Moses so could help with Blake / Fergo defensive issues