What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd1: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY thread at Suncorp 12/3

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mahoney was ordinary in the first half and excellent in the second. Paps was sublime from the moment he came on the field.
Sure but there weren't many opportunities for Mahoney in the first 40. He still defended very well. He was so effective in the second half though that his 80 minutes overall were the best on field, for mine. His defensive effort puts him ahead of Papali'i.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ben Roberts was awarded a perfect 10 game by RLW once. Who do you honestly think got the better deal?
I think Papali'i is a better player than Evans but the Warriors needed to bring some size into their middle and Evans was part of that. But my point is that merkins are judging Papali'i vs Evans based on Papali'i's one game against the shitty Broncos pack, while forgetting that Evans also carved up against the same shitty Broncos pack last year. Twice in fact.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His nickname is Ice
6818c8dc6e9cf180b89f7f91b939acd1.jpg

lucablight

First Grade
I think Papali'i is a better player than Evans but the Warriors needed to bring some size into their middle and Evans was part of that. But my point is that merkins are judging Papali'i vs Evans based on Papali'i's one game against the shitty Broncos pack, while forgetting that Evans also carved up against the same shitty Broncos pack last year. Twice in fact.
Evans played on a team that was wrecking the opposition whereas Papali’i played on a team that was on the back foot and got them back into the game. Evans has demonstrated that he is never going to be consistent and even after one game I’m confident we will have the better end of the trade. We recruited Evans for size as well and when he was the starting prop we got the spoon. It wasn’t until we signed some quality players that gave us some go forward that Evans put in the occasional good performance off the bench riding off of that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Evans played on a team that was wrecking the opposition whereas Papali’i played on a team that was on the back foot and got them back into the game.
Got us back into the game against their bench forwards? Mate the point is you're judging him on one game against shit opposition. The momentum often shifts when the bench middles interchange because their quality relative to the opposition's bench are often different. Penrith have a much better bench than Brisbane and Papali'i was far less effective in the trial.
Evans has demonstrated that he is never going to be consistent and even after one game I’m confident we will have the better end of the trade. We recruited Evans for size as well and when he was the starting prop we got the spoon.
He only started four games that year with another four off the bench. He was hampered by injury. In his two seasons not disrupted by injury he won 23 from 35 games (66%). Overall he won 58% with us, which is better than his 54% with the Roosters.
It wasn’t until we signed some quality players that gave us some go forward that Evans put in the occasional good performance off the bench riding off of that.
He started 13 of 19 games in 2019, winning over 60%. He was good for us, which is why the Warriors signed him. If you only remember 2018 where he came into a team with off field issues and missed pre-season with a broken arm then you're not looking at the whole player. Likewise, only judging Papali'i based on his first game is stupid as well.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He’ll be on Radradra coin sitting on the wing. I think he needs to stop playing dumb.

I know there is a Ferrari in the garage, but gee he is running like a tractor. :tractor:

He is what he is.

Has played well long enough now for everyone to realise what he is. Perhaps there is a reason Kotoni was being pursued

Latest posts