What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd1: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY thread at Suncorp 12/3

hindy111

Post Whore
It was 24-0 in the 2nd half. Had we not started so poorly we may of run up a cricket score tonight.

strider

Post Whore
With the make up of our team, we probably need him to play more edge than middle.
he won't get anywhere near as many touches on the edge

i agree Lane is f**king annoying but I reckon Papa is exactly the impact we need off the bench ... in the past RCG and Jnr went off and we had little ..... he gave us HEAPS when he came on - up the middle

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Certainly a tale of two halves. We were utter dog shite in the first, to the point I was genuinely thinking of leaving to get home earlier. Far better enthusiasm and attitude in the second half and BA should get some credit for that.

We need to improve by plenty but everyone can see that. Papali’i was absolutely outstanding, watching live. Reed found his groove.

Played like rubbish and won. I’ll take it. Brisbane played well... be interesting to see what happens if they’re 0-3. Crowd was pretty ugly at the end. Except for one gallant Eel standing in a sea of Maroon waving “tut tah and farewell”...

hindy111

Post Whore
One of Sivo's best games, imo, and he didn't score a single try.

He barely carted it up in 2nd half.
He rushed up and cost them two tries
He dropped a bomb

He did make some strong carries and almost broke the line a few times but I still feel he gives away more then his pluses.

I'd rather give Dunster a go or move Blake onto the wing and find a centre. I doubt Penisini is ready. Perhaps sign one.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I definitely don’t think we were great tonight. And Broncos injuries helped in the last 15 or so mins.

But it’s not an easy task to turn around such a poor first half and 16 points behind.

second half while not brilliant did take some effort / control to actually hold the ball and build some pressure for points.

WouId have been pretty easy to shit ourself and lose!!

anyhow need a shit load of improvement or storm will murder us in the first 20 next week (I reckon they may start fast this year most weeks, but not finish so strongly like previous storm sides).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mahoney was ordinary in the first half and excellent in the second. Paps was sublime from the moment he came on the field.

Of course he wasn’t great, we had 33 m% of the ball, there was no room for him to run. He looked good when our middle got ball and made metres.

no hooker wouId had looked good behind the eels pack in the first half (cook wasn’t great either when the storm had all the ball last night)