What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
You flip flop like you are a child. You said they won by luck, you don't think that takes away from their performance?

I am 42, nowhere near a millennial. You kind of just proved my point about your psyche.......someone comments and you lose your shit.

It is pretty funny i guess.........be well.
You realise I’m being sarcastic with the flip flop stuff or are you still on the gear? And You’re the one that got personal first you f**kwit. And yes we had luck on our side (for once).

And I’m not losing my shit. Even calling you a f**kwit for some reason comes so natural and I’m totally calm but I’m just about to have my espresso. Third one today, maybe that’s the reason I’m so edgy.

84 Baby

Referee
Oh and i am still confused why Olam's try didn't have more scrutiny, it looked like it came back off Munster and was then Olam on-side? I was at the game so i guess maybe the TV coverage explained it better, i saw they kept replaying it.
Mile onside even on the second bounce. That was the play with the most luck around it. Every other bit of “luck” was players getting themselves into good position

eel01s

Bench
Luck? The first Storm try was directly from a pathetic missed forward pass call. Melbourne are still the kings of grub and can do as they please in the ruck.

Matterson was Ko'd with a sin bin-able offence and any time we were getting any kind of ascendency in defence the Storm would have forward passes let go or bullshit 6 agains that we weren't getting.

Oh and i am still confused why Olam's try didn't have more scrutiny, it looked like it came back off Munster and was then Olam on-side? I was at the game so i guess maybe the TV coverage explained it better, i saw they kept replaying it.

No one should get excited after one win but to call it "luck" is just typical of your psyche and degrading the players who put the 80 minutes in, even against a typical performance from the referees when any team plays the Storm.
On Olam's try, the replay clearly show it came off Munster's arm/shoulder. Why wasn't it called a knock on?

Also agree on the Storm getting away with murder in the ruck. We consistently allowed them quick play the balls yet were more penalized with 6 again.

IFR33K

Coach
On Olam's try, the replay clearly show it came off Munster's arm/shoulder. Why wasn't it called a knock on?

Also agree on the Storm getting away with murder in the ruck. We consistently allowed them quick play the balls yet were more penalized with 6 again.

That’s how I seen it, the ball hitting Munster in the arm.

they honestly looked dirtier yesterday then all of last year. They slowed us right down.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They still need to do it consistently week in week out. Last week’s performance was average, this weeks was excellent. If Gutherson didn’t save our arses on at 3 least occasions we lose that game. We had plenty of luck on our side and things fell into place.

Still great to watch. BA still needs to get us to at least the preliminary final or he is gone.
And what if we play a better team in week two of the finals again? Arthur doesn't control the draw.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

they honestly looked dirtier yesterday then all of last year. They slowed us right down.
Even the dopes on the Silvertails forum noted Melbourne were getting away with holding down in the ruck and constant forward passes.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Melbourne aren't necessarily offside, more so they leave early. They play with the officials by ensuring they get back and are then given leniency when they jump the gun as the ref then has his focus on the ptb. They are experts at it as were Cronulla when they won the comp in 2017. That's smart coaching and it pis*'s me off that we don't do it.
All that said, Klein was f'n terrible with the ruck last night.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You realise I’m being sarcastic with the flip flop stuff or are you still on the gear? And You’re the one that got personal first you f**kwit. And yes we had luck on our side (for once).

And I’m not losing my shit. Even calling you a f**kwit for some reason comes so natural and I’m totally calm but I’m just about to have my espresso. Third one today, maybe that’s the reason I’m so edgy.
*Nespresso

2E88FED000000578-3322566-Tongue_in_cheek_While_George_s_on_screen_lady_killer_persona_is_-m-50_1447788278224.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get that Pou but I think he needs to improve or people in real power at the club may opt to go in different direction.
Well that might be the case but it'll be another scapegoat. Coaches don't win games, teams do. Big finals matches are nearly always won by the best teams, and the best teams are generally fielded by the strongest clubs. It's not Arthur's job to make our club stronger any more than Robinson is responsible for all the advantages held by the Roosters. These things are the responsibility of the stakeholders at the top level of each club.

Now it could be that the blokes responsible for making our club stronger decide to replace Arthur as part of their efforts, which would be fair enough. But if they only replace the coach, and not with anyone better, then they have just found a scapegoat so they can look like they've done something. We've seen it plenty of times before.

What we need is increased ways for players to benefit from being at our club beyond just the salary cap space we can offer. Otherwise we are just shuffling deck chairs on a Titanic that only ever hovers around the bottom of the top eight.

hindy111

Post Whore
They still need to do it consistently week in week out. Last week’s performance was average, this weeks was excellent. If Gutherson didn’t save our arses on at 3 least occasions we lose that game. We had plenty of luck on our side and things fell into place.

Still great to watch. BA still needs to get us to at least the preliminary final or he is gone.

They had more luck.

-The charge down. If it bounces straight Brown goes 60mtrs and scores. Instead they got 6 again in a good position. Swung momentum.
- Their 2nd try. The deflections went into Storms hands.
- Atleast 4 or 5 not called forward passes.
- Matterson missing 35mins of game from an illegal play.
- Fergo intercept attempt. Gives them 6 again.
- Opacic touching ball before it went 10mtrs.
- A kick that forced Fergo to throw it into touch.

And 6 agains on the 3 or 4th tackle. We always got ours on the 1st.....

hindy111

Post Whore

Try decaf

hindy111

Post Whore

Storm will give one away when need to. But they are smart. They do it on the 1st so you do not get off to a fast start to your set. Also gives them time to set defense and only costs one tackle.
They then push to get one when on the 3rd or 4th when have the ball. It is just another silly rule that teams can use to exploit.
I will be honest I have no idea when and why most are blown. You could blow it on every set atleast. Its like roulette when you will get it.

If it just hits him in the shoulder, it's not a knock on. For it to be a knock on it must be knocked forward with the hand or arm. Looked more like shoulder to me.

Kornstar

Coach

I am everything you say i am, thank you. I will make sure i refrain from interacting with you in the future.

Kornstar

Coach
If it just hits him in the shoulder, it's not a knock on. For it to be a knock on it must be knocked forward with the hand or arm. Looked more like shoulder to me.

I'm ok with it being a try, i just think they should have reviewed it a little harder. But i didn't see the TV footage so at the game when they played the replay it just seemed to need a little more of a look from the officials.

I'm still not 100% sure it wasn't his arm, but again i haven't watched the replay yet.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm ok with it being a try, i just think they should have reviewed it a little harder. But i didn't see the TV footage so at the game when they played the replay it just seemed to need a little more of a look from the officials.

I'm still not 100% sure it wasn't his arm, but again i haven't watched the replay yet.

Watched it again. It’s definitely around his upper arm/shoulder. Agree should of been looked at closer

Latest posts