What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

franklin2323

Immortal
I really like Edwards but Laurie does everything Edwards does but also is elite at the things Edwards isn't. There's no contest. Laurie is so far better There's daylight between them.

Different sort of players. No way you could have him and Staines in the back 3 together

I must say how good it is to see the Tigers playing like garbage

WestyLife

First Grade
Different sort of players. No way you could have him and Staines in the back 3 together

I must say how good it is to see the Tigers playing like garbage

I'd prefer they do well. Sick of the same teams every year.

No reason you couldn't have them both. Laurie does just as well returning the ball.

Pomoz

Bench
How slow and unfit do the Tigers look? BJ looks two yards slower than when he was at the Raiders. Have the Tigers copied our Pie Face (TM) fitness regime from two seasons ago? The one that saw Katoa look like he had eaten Peter Wallace.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Why does that sound like a media trained response haha.

Yep I'll admit Edwards is a fav of mine. Comes from a part of the world where my heart lies, (see profile photo).

I very much rate him as a player, each and every year he improves. This year he's added some ball playing to his skill set. I like how he continues to develop.

Obviously Westylife you think differently.

That's fine too.

I just thought Daine Laurie deserved a compliment for the way he played tonight. In my opinion he was perhaps best on ground for the losing team.

I've been attempting to be more positive about player who have left our fine shores in an attempt to play more nrl footy.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep I'll admit Edwards is a fav of mine. Comes from a part of the world where my heart lies, (see profile photo).

I very much rate him as a player, each and every year he improves. This year he's added some ball playing to his skill set. I like how he continues to develop.

Obviously Westylife you think differently.

That's fine too.

I just thought Daine Laurie deserved a compliment for the way he played tonight. In my opinion he was perhaps best on ground for the losing team.

I've been attempting to be more positive about player who have left our fine shores in an attempt to play more nrl footy.

I think you're right about Edwards actually. I just think Laurie has a higher talent ceiling.

soc123_au

Staff member
Watching him at Tigers shows he should've been our fullback this year.
I'm a huge Laurie fan & if I were in charge of recruitment & retention I would have had him as a priority ahead of Staines. But I wouldn't be turfing Edwards for him right now. Our defence is what is going to get us in the the top 4 & the fullback plays a huge role in that. Dyl is one of the best in the business off the ball. He is more often than not where he is needed & organises well. Laurie has more spark, but Dyl is improving his attack every year. He has a bit to do to secure the fullback spot in years to come, but I'd back him to make a battle out of it with whoever ends up the contender.

Kilkenny

Coach
I really like Edwards but Laurie does everything Edwards does but also is elite at the things Edwards isn't. There's no contest. Laurie is so far better There's daylight between them.

I think you are being really harsh on Dylan Edwards. Dylan is a much better player than he is given credit for, even if I understand what your saying about Daine Laurie. He is a real talent, but again has played but a handful of games so probably will know more about him in a season or two.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was an interested spectator in front of the TV today watching the Sharks game.

Not sure what to make of Matty Moylan’s game given it has been suggested he had a great off season.

He kinda looked good on some sweeping attacking plays without ever quite creating too much.

He probably gifted the Raiders with there try on the stroke of half time with a poor pass which turned over possession and missed the tackle leading to try.

I still think his best position is at fullback where he can just chime in, and would offer more than the Sharks current number 1. Not gonna happen I know given Shaun Johnson is out for an extended period, I’m just not sure where his career goes from here. If he does get another deal with the Sharks or any other NRL club his days of being in anywhere near his current salary are over.

WestyLife

First Grade
I was thinking today Edwards would have got Brett Morris where Laurie was badly stood up. I can't recall Dylan being stood up like that.

Very possible but not sure. Morris still scores like that regularly on many players.

I think you are being really harsh on Dylan Edwards. Dylan is a much better player than he is given credit for, even if I understand what your saying about Daine Laurie. He is a real talent, but again has played but a handful of games so probably will know more about him in a season or two.

Saying one player is good doesn't mean I'm saying another is bad.

Original Name

Juniors
Watching him at Tigers shows he should've been our fullback this year.
Remember the way Penrith play. With the fb on the right and barely lurking around the ruck compared to other fbs. He wouldn't play like he's playing now if he was at Penrith because all that lurking around tired forwards stuff wouldn't happen nearly as much. With that said he does bring his own benefits.

Girds89

Bench
Laurie is a special talent no doubt and I think he will prove to be a huge loss. I too would have made him the priority to resign. Cant keep them all. I think Charlie will have a big future too.

Dylan is a very underrated fb. Does so much work off the ball. All the sorts of things that go unnoticed Dylan does better than anyone.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was thinking today Edwards would have got Brett Morris where Laurie was badly stood up. I can't recall Dylan being stood up like that.

A bit of inexperience perhaps, I’m sure he will only get better over the course of a full season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Waqa Blake out for an extended period with major calf strain. He has tremendous athletic attributes but for whatever reason he hasn’t delivered on his early promise. Attitude is no a contributing factor but it is a shame he should have delivered so much more.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Waqa Blake out for an extended period with major calf strain. He has tremendous athletic attributes but for whatever reason he hasn’t delivered on his early promise. Attitude is no a contributing factor but it is a shame he should have delivered so much more.
Just a freak athlete. I never saw any footballing ability

franklin2323

Immortal
I was an interested spectator in front of the TV today watching the Sharks game.

Not sure what to make of Matty Moylan’s game given it has been suggested he had a great off season.

He kinda looked good on some sweeping attacking plays without ever quite creating too much.

He probably gifted the Raiders with there try on the stroke of half time with a poor pass which turned over possession and missed the tackle leading to try.

I still think his best position is at fullback where he can just chime in, and would offer more than the Sharks current number 1. Not gonna happen I know given Shaun Johnson is out for an extended period, I’m just not sure where his career goes from here. If he does get another deal with the Sharks or any other NRL club his days of being in anywhere near his current salary are over.

He was always a better fullback. No idea who told him otherwise but they ruined him