What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Barring injury or suspension, i'm almost certain Dufty will see out most of this season at fullback. Unless we are completely out of the race for finals, I cant see him replaced until then. Yes, his form may deteriorate also and that may envoke change.

Now I know just about everyone wants Ramsey at fullback sooner than later, but ask yourself these questions, is he mentally (and physically) ready to be the custodian? Is he happier to be out of the limelight playing on the wing? Who would take his place now on the wing (given the team list each week that would be JP) as Max and Mat appear to be not ready? If you place Ramsey at fullback, where do you play Sloan or Schiller (or any other young gun) as you would have fullback, centres and wingers already covered?

There's a lot more to consider than just dumping Dufty and replacing him with Ramsey, there is a domino effect that also has to be considered.

possm

Coach
Barring injury or suspension, i'm almost certain Dufty will see out most of this season at fullback. Unless we are completely out of the race for finals, I cant see him replaced until then. Yes, his form may deteriorate also and that may envoke change.

Now I know just about everyone wants Ramsey at fullback sooner than later, but ask yourself these questions, is he mentally (and physically) ready to be the custodian? Is he happier to be out of the limelight playing on the wing? Who would take his place now on the wing (given the team list each week that would be JP) as Max and Mat appear to be not ready? If you place Ramsey at fullback, where do you play Sloan or Schiller (or any other young gun) as you would have fullback, centres and wingers already covered?

There's a lot more to consider than just dumping Dufty and replacing him with Ramsey, there is a domino effect that also has to be considered.
I'm sure you already know the answers to your questions;
Sloan to left wing - not JP.
Schiller to fullback in reserve grade.
The Feagai brothers to win a first grade spot through the pressure they place from reserve grade.

Griffin has his ideas and plans and so far he has shown to possess good judgment.

boardlumps62

Juniors
A lot a bitch'in about Duff would be solved if coach gave the team instructions that Duff and add Ramsey to this don't take the ball to the defence within 10m of OUR tryline. Any other darts from dummy half and support play more than welcome. Thinking more about it they shouldn't take any hitups other than what I just said.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I'm sure you already know the answers to your questions;
Sloan to left wing - not JP.
Schiller to fullback in reserve grade.
The Feagai brothers to win a first grade spot through the pressure they place from reserve grade.

Griffin has his ideas and plans and so far he has shown to possess good judgment.

Bottom line is we won’t keep all the ‘young guns’ mentioned.

All Hook can do is give everyone a fair crack when deemed ready
... and then select rigidly on performance, form, potential & consistency.

Hook has surely seen enough juniors over the years to make astute judgments based on the above.

I do not believe Williame fits any of the above criteria, and certainly has not earned selection in what most on here would see as usual selection processes.

Perhaps he has been consistently ordinary
- and FFS he has much ‘experience’ on that front.

Gym PB’s & gladhanding suckups in the offseason gave us Aitken, Lafai, McCrone, Lats & Co.

...Hopefully we don’t have another such passenger in our ranks

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
If he grounds it, he cops criticism that he wasn’t putting his body on the line trying to get the ball back into play.

He can’t win.
Just tell them to take it up themselves most couldn't or never have. He is there to score points missed one tonight. My thoughts he will be resigned.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Just tell them to take it up themselves most couldn't or never have. He is there to score points missed one tonight. My thoughts he will be resigned.

Yep,
Hook give him a contract FFS

Duff, & eventually Sullivan
will carve ‘em up through the middle
- as our forwards make inroads ...
and the offloads come as confidence grows & the mind frees

As we hopefully get more comfortable in our new skin

... then maybe some junior rotations
for experience, incentive & to cover contingencies.

But I’m believing Hook’s got most bases covered
... as our Club moves from the Dark Ages to The Enlightenment after 3 rounds with an actual coach

Our Board is culpable & shameless

Last edited:

Latest posts