What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lomax should be dropped for Bird and Feagai as his defence and ball handling are worse than Dufty's. We gotta get rid of our best attacking weapons if they can't catch.
I’m surprised the fans have persisted with him for this long TBH...

Crush

Coach
I like Lomax, he scores lots of tries and is one of our most potent attacking weapons but he does drop the ball a lot.
I say we shop him to the warriors, we can’t have anyone in our team that doesn’t do everything right. Even if they are responsible for most of our points.
Who’s next up to the plate? Was it Schiller or Fegai, I can’t remember.

Dragonsrock

Juniors
I like Lomax, his handling is suspect, however, he does bring some pretty reliable goal kicking to the side (I am not certain that we have a better option here?), I think this definitely helps his cause...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I like Lomax, he scores lots of tries and is one of our most potent attacking weapons but he does drop the ball a lot.
I say we shop him to the warriors, we can’t have anyone in our team that doesn’t do everything right. Even if they are responsible for most of our points.
Who’s next up to the plate? Was it Schiller or Fegai, I can’t remember.
Listening to the mob, I hear that Saab is the future..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I say let’s move Ravalawa to his side for this week only so he can fold Saab in half every time he touches the footy
Why would you shift someone who’s playing well & in a good combination with his centre partner & fullback, just for some petty grudge?

That’s just mindblowingly stupid.

Dion

Juniors
Dufty's poor positional play plus his reluctance to get involved in anything where he might have to put his body on the line is an ongoing problem. This should have been a game where Dufty would shine stepping and striding up the middle among tired opposition forwards.
We all understand Dufty's shortcomings for a long time now.
Minimal improvement and the occasional slashing try that keeps him in the Team.
Ramsey is our long term #1.
Just a matter of when that happens.

The calm one

Juniors
We all understand Dufty's shortcomings for a long time now.
Minimal improvement and the occasional slashing try that keeps him in the Team.
Ramsey is our long term #1.
Just a matter of when that happens.
When out to see Owen on Sunday. Yes he is fine, thanks for asking. He is adamant that Matt will not be at the Dragons next year.:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

epDragon62

First Grade
When out to see Owen on Sunday. Yes he is fine, thanks for asking. He is adamant that Matt will not be at the Dragons next year.:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
Owen?

Ramsey and Sloan do appear to be better long term options.

I think if we end up seeing JP outside Bird on the wing with Ramsey at FB it could build into a better solution than what we have now.

I'd be over the moon if Dufty proves us wrong...

rasaint

Juniors
Must say reading through this thread amazing how this one player receives such enormous scrutiny. Dragon slayer even posted a second by second commentary on the Holmes kick through try ( was well constructed Dragonslayer) of what Dufty did. It just highlights the degree of Duff scrutiny.

Dufty is not a ‘superstar’ etc. IMO Teddy, Papenhazen, AJ Brimson Ponga are all overall better and million dollar or rapidly increasing values confirm this. Yet it’s swings and roundabouts the rest. Some of Dufty’s 37 NRL trys are uniquely his. Probably only A J Brimson could score Duftys 3 most sublime ones.( due to both having ability to accelerate during a change in direction).Yet I read he is ‘not NRL standard’ in the thread.

His catching was poor in sharks game. However the try was in his top 3 most sublime. Dufty will always struggle in catching tightly contested balls due to his comparative lack of height. He was ok against Cows, assisting a try save at a crucial stage and IMO Granville is still trying to ground the ball with Dufty under and lifting him for the try awarded ( favourable 50/50).

His supposed lack of ‘positional play’ or poor defence are exaggerated and could be easily be attributed to the better fullbacks also at times.

Summimg up, I have seen many of our ‘next big’ things for years now, ( including the much hyped Zac Lomax who is like Duff rocks and diamonds). Most fall away, but Dufty made it through and a credit to him. Whether Cody replaces Dufty or some of the new ‘ next big things’ constantly mentioned actually establish themselves this year will be interesting. Cheers

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Must say reading through this thread amazing how this one player receives such enormous scrutiny. Dragon slayer even posted a second by second commentary on the Holmes kick through try ( was well constructed Dragonslayer) of what Dufty did. It just highlights the degree of Duff scrutiny.

Dufty is not a ‘superstar’ etc. IMO Teddy, Papenhazen, AJ Brimson Ponga are all overall better and million dollar or rapidly increasing values confirm this. Yet it’s swings and roundabouts the rest. Some of Dufty’s 37 NRL trys are uniquely his. Probably only A J Brimson could score Duftys 3 most sublime ones.( due to both having ability to accelerate during a change in direction).Yet I read he is ‘not NRL standard’ in the thread.

His catching was poor in sharks game. However the try was in his top 3 most sublime. Dufty will always struggle in catching tightly contested balls due to his comparative lack of height. He was ok against Cows, assisting a try save at a crucial stage and IMO Granville is still trying to ground the ball with Dufty under and lifting him for the try awarded ( favourable 50/50).

His supposed lack of ‘positional play’ or poor defence are exaggerated and could be easily be attributed to the better fullbacks also at times.

Summimg up, I have seen many of our ‘next big’ things for years now, ( including the much hyped Zac Lomax who is like Duff rocks and diamonds). Most fall away, but Dufty made it through and a credit to him. Whether Cody replaces Dufty or some of the new ‘ next big things’ constantly mentioned actually establish themselves this year will be interesting. Cheers
It’s hilarious isn’t it..

I recall when Dufty was the next big thing..

Then it was Marsters..

Now apparently Ramsay is ready after a handful of games..

We should just re-sign Evander Cummins and be done with it..

BLM01

First Grade

I agree with you as I’m a big supporter
but you have to admit He would be in the bottom 6 ranked full backs in the NRL on his overall game
but I believe he can get up into the top 4-6 by just fixing a few glaring deficiency parts to his game

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I agree with you as I’m a big supporter
but you have to admit He would be in the bottom 6 ranked full backs in the NRL on his overall game
Our situation could be much, much worse..

We could have Dylan Walker as a fullback..

possm

Coach
Our situation could be much, much worse..

We could have Dylan Walker as a fullback..
Waler is Manly's stand in fullback and yes he is usless. But at least Manly can look forward to Tommy Turbo's return.

Dufty has been at it for a while now and I believe it istime for him to try out for the bench utility sport before leaving. If he does well there he might just get an extension, otherwise I can't see Griffin re-signing him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Waler is Manly's stand in fullback and yes he is usless. But at least Manly can look forward to Tommy Turbo's return.

Dufty has been at it for a while now and I believe it istime for him to try out for the bench utility sport before leaving. If he does well there he might just get an extension, otherwise I can't see Griffin re-signing him.

Afraid that Tommy the turbo has blown his retros once too often possum , I have a feeling that his injuries will occur more often than not .