What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If you're like me they're either on your head or in the fridge.
Last year I went Christmas shopping at one of our large shopping centres....I must have gone into roughly 7 or 8 different stores and bought what I had to in some of them....I then returned to my car in the car park and was going to look at my ticket to see how long I had parked there but realised my glasses were missing, so back into the shops to see if I left them on the counter in one of the stores....after back tracking the shops that I thought I had been into not remembering in what order, after going into about 5 shops I asked the same question did I leave a pair of glasses in here and finally a young girl behind the counter said sir what are those hanging in the front of your t shirt.....now I know Im a dick head for not realising I had hung them there but thought why didnt the other shop assistants in the other 4 stores see them as they were clearly visable......anyhow I dont know why I told you all this story its got nothing to do with the topic....I'll show myself out

Illusion

Bench
Last year I went Christmas shopping at one of our large shopping centres....I must have gone into roughly 7 or 8 different stores and bought what I had to in some of them....I then returned to my car in the car park and was going to look at my ticket to see how long I had parked there but realised my glasses were missing, so back into the shops to see if I left them on the counter in one of the stores....after back tracking the shops that I thought I had been into not remembering in what order, after going into about 5 shops I asked the same question did I leave a pair of glasses in here and finally a young girl behind the counter said sir what are those hanging in the front of your t shirt.....now I know Im a dick head for not realising I had hung them there but thought why didnt the other shop assistants in the other 4 stores see them as they were clearly visable......anyhow I dont know why I told you all this story its got nothing to do with the topic....I'll show myself out
At least the young girl said Sir , I would have said hay , wanker their hanging around head .......:p

Last edited:

6AGAIN

Juniors

Confusious says, ‘You are not alone.’

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Yup.. I bought into the “Lawrie is a plodder” groupthink...

It was only when having a look at the season in review stats that I saw just how impactful he is..

And even seeing replays of games from last year I can see how well he went..

It’s amazing how bad you think a player is just because of a preconceived idea..

Muzby, I really like your contributions when you are being rational and perceptive like this or when you are being genuinely funny which you are certainly capable of. I just wish you wouldn't get involved in the personal stuff which can sideline threads for page after page.

Re your comments on Lawrie: I think there is something called "confirmation bias" when people are only capable of seeing what fits in with their ideology or in this case negative views of players. What has been really refreshing on the Forum in the past couple of weeks are the posters having a fresh look at some players and admitting they were wrong. Now we just need to see an understanding that the most committed players have the potential to develop their skills over time under good coaching and that even the biggest stars rarely achieve greatness overnight.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muzby, I really like your contributions when you are being rational and perceptive like this or when you are being genuinely funny which you are certainly capable of. I just wish you wouldn't get involved in the personal stuff which can sideline threads for page after page.

Re your comments on Lawrie: I think there is something called "confirmation bias" when people are only capable of seeing what fits in with their ideology or in this case negative views of players. What has been really refreshing on the Forum in the past couple of weeks are the posters having a fresh look at some players and admitting they were wrong. Now we just need to see an understanding that the most committed players have the potential to develop their skills over time under good coaching and that even the biggest stars rarely achieve greatness overnight.
What the f**k? Where was I getting personal?

SBD82

Coach
Last night I watched Kayo mini of the 2010 QF against the tigers.

Was shocked to see a young Andrew Fifita running around. I had no idea he was in that game.

As for his potential signing: i don’t like it. I don’t think that the game with the new rules lends itself to an impact forward from the bench, and I can’t see him playing long minutes with quality output.

Clearly Tim Sheens had no idea about him in general..

Getting rid of him for Adam Blair is about as clever as trading a smart TV for a cow.

tim sheens didnt like him. made him come to kangaroos camp at 6am the day after his wedding to do extras "lose weight" to be under his playing weight for the year. he won the dally m prop of the year that season.

a shame for the tigers. guys been a legend

i get the feeling the new rules are bad for him in general and his knee is cooked.
the issue for mine, is even still, he should be in the team over magoogoo, williams etc

SBD82

Coach
tim sheens didnt like him. made him come to kangaroos camp at 6am the day after his wedding to do extras "lose weight" to be under his playing weight for the year. he won the dally m prop of the year that season.

a shame for the tigers. guys been a legend

i get the feeling the new rules are bad for him in general and his knee is cooked.
the issue for mine, is even still, he should be in the team over magoogoo, williams etc
The list of players that have had great careers after moving on from the tigers in the last decade must be gut wrenching for their fans.

rational and perceptive....

I want whatever u have been smoking

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
rational and perceptive....

I want whatever u have been smoking
He’s been smoking the leaves of the Illawarra flame tree..

Helps to uncloud mind from the toxins which come from the waters around the Georges river which pollute the mind & make them think foolish thoughts & have delusions of superiority..

He’s been smoking the leaves of the Illawarra flame tree..

Helps to uncloud mind from the toxins which come from the waters around the Georges river which pollute the mind & make them think foolish thoughts & have delusions of superiority..

Welcome back to the Andrew Fifita thread Muzby

Good to see you remain as predictable as ever

May the little brother syndrome of inferiority you harbour eventually leave your mind and soul

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Welcome back to the Andrew Fifita thread Muzby

Good to see you remain as predictable as ever

May the little brother syndrome of inferiority you harbour eventually leave your mind and soul
Clearly someone needs to go plucking a few leaves from the magical flame tree..