What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

TruSaint

Referee
He was answering questions about the likelihood of signing the man , although he did not actually mentioned Fifita’s name in that context .

So he could had very well had been generalizing about the type of player that he would prefer the Dragons .

In which case he could be taking a leaf out off Bennett’s book by denying that he is interested in a player , just before he jumps into a cab and goes to pick him up .

Cheers my man.

Como Connection

First Grade
Spoke to a Newtown supporter today and he would be very happy for Saints to sign Fifita so he doesn't play for Newtown again.
Hasn't been playing that well for them apparently.
CC

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Spoke to a Newtown supporter today and he would be very happy for Saints to sign Fifita so he doesn't play for Newtown again.
Hasn't been playing that well for them apparently.
CC

Mmm interesting:
His stats from the Jets game last weekend.
Played 61 mins (21 first stint, 40 second stint)
13 runs 120m
43 pcm
4 tackle breaks
94.3% tackle efficiency
33 tackles 2 missed
3 total errors

Mmm interesting:
13 runs 120m
43 pcm
4 tackle breaks
94.3% tackle efficiency
33 tackles 2 missed
3 total errors

He knew he was first reserve for NRL
personally I reckon he dogged it a little.
With the Sharks injuries he probably end up playing full back or wing this week

Como Connection

First Grade
He knew he was first reserve for NRL
personally I reckon he dogged it a little.
With the Sharks injuries he probably end up playing full back or wing this week
Would it be worthwhile the Dragons signing him?
I’m fine with he coming, my Newtown mate reckons the game is too fast now for big guys like Fifita.
Interested in your opinion.
Ta CC

I’m fine with he coming, my Newtown mate reckons the game is too fast now for big guys like Fifita.
Ta CC
I don’t agree with the argument about big guys, he is fitter than he has probably ever been. The concern I believe is lateral movement. I think bomber has him working on this with his knee issue, so unless he can show improvement in that area the way the game is now will expose him.

kit66

Bench
Mmm interesting:
13 runs 120m
43 pcm
4 tackle breaks
94.3% tackle efficiency
33 tackles 2 missed
3 total errors

Yeah it makes you wonder why a Jets fan would complain about Fifita with stats like that or his round 1 stats of 68 minutes, 208 metres, 8 tackle breaks and just 1 missed tackle - and that's off the bench. If our bench players did that I'd be well impressed.

Como Connection

First Grade
I don’t agree with the argument about big guys, he is fitter than he has probably ever been. The concern I believe is lateral movement. I think bomber has him working on this with his knee issue, so unless he can show improvement in that area the way the game is now will expose him.
Thanks for that.
We will see.
CC

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Ta CC
I hear what you're saying mate. I know it's early days. But from what I can see, Hook let our heart and soul go to the Scum, he then signed a 30 something hooker to replace him. Signed a Parra reject, and a centre with busted knees...I was questioning what he was doing. After seeing the last coupe of games, I can see that Hook actually looks like he knows what he's doing...Do I think signing Fifita is a good idea? no...but if Hook does, then go for it...he's proving me wrong and I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Puff

First Grade
I hear what you're saying mate. I know it's early days. But from what I can see, Hook let our heart and soul go to the Scum, he then signed a 30 something hooker to replace him. Signed a Parra reject, and a centre with busted knees...I was questioning what he was doing. After seeing the last coupe of games, I can see that Hook actually looks like he knows what he's doing...Do I think signing Fifita is a good idea? no...but if Hook does, then go for it...he's proving me wrong and I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I am taking a photo of this and keeping it

giboz71

First Grade
Yeah it makes you wonder why a Jets fan would complain about Fifita with stats like that or his round 1 stats of 68 minutes, 208 metres, 8 tackle breaks and just 1 missed tackle - and that's off the bench. If our bench players did that I'd be well impressed.

It's really like Dragons fans complaining about Blake Lawrie based on his form last year. If fans think a player is hopeless, it doesn't matter what they actually do on the field.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's really like Dragons fans complaining about Blake Lawrie based on his form last year. If fans think a player is hopeless, it doesn't matter what they actually do on the field.
Yup.. I bought into the “Lawrie is a plodder” groupthink...

It was only when having a look at the season in review stats that I saw just how impactful he is..

And even seeing replays of games from last year I can see how well he went..

It’s amazing how bad you think a player is just because of a preconceived idea..

boardlumps62

Juniors
Yup.. I bought into the “Lawrie is a plodder” groupthink...

It was only when having a look at the season in review stats that I saw just how impactful he is..

And even seeing replays of games from last year I can see how well he went..

It’s amazing how bad you think a player is just because of a preconceived idea..
Musby don't do that.