What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Looks like all and sundry want out of the Cowboys. I wonder if it is the Dean Young influence?
Well Dragon David i really think that it has more to do with what Green didn’t do. Cowboys have plateaued for the last 3 -4 years and been very predictable. It was more than just Thurston leaving, as they made the GF without him. Their current coaching staff had to change things and that process always upsets. The media never really questioned their obvious game plans (sounds familiar?) apart from Sterling and never quite understood this silence.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Penalties and repeat sets against us is what Josh offers with his niggle.Those days are gone.The niggle players are great targets for the smart operators .It doesnt look like the style of football we are headed for.
To a point yes you are correct but you still need some niggle and to take no shit from opposing packs. Play hard but play smart. Need aggression up front and JM would provide that. Our pack has definitely shown a different style with their defence. Line speed, aggression, hunting in numbers, its there to see each week and it’s a breath of fresh air compared to the old bullshit of 3 steps then wait for the ball runner to hit the line

Gareth67

First Grade
If it was a choice between McGuire or Fifita I would choose the latter . I feel that Fifita would have a point to prove , whereas McGuire has little footy skills , but plenty of spite - not controlled aggression .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What’s this talk about Roosters purchasing a player to replace Keary?
Just do what ALL other clubs do when they get an injury, use the reserve grade players.
FFS. Gareth Widdop......
Agree, not many other clubs have one of the highest rated young 7s in the comp in Walker either. If we were in a similar situation (we kind of are) and our highly rated 7 in Sullivan was fit and firing we would be over the moon to see him get a run. This is why most clubs don’t have the caliber of players the Rorters do, they need to save some “cap” for depth. They need to be forced into using players from their top 30 first especially when it contains players like Suaalii and Walker.

FlameThrower

Bench
Certainly see why you may think that may happen, based on his post match interview.
“I’m over it” were his words...
Also on a side note, Payton should have stayed at the Warriors were his was wanted, was offered a contract, gained a stack of respect in the way he managed the whole COVID and relocation in 2020, got them playing with belief plus Warriors are a Club on the up.

Gareth67

First Grade
Looks like all the ageing, once great props are all being shopped around,
- Fifita.
- McGuire.
- Napa.
- Taupau.
- Woods (off contract).
Any of the above top 4 could move over the coming weeks.
Decisions.
Has the modern game changed so much that these warriors are now “once were Warriors”.

Off the 5 mentioned , Woods would have to be the most disappointing the man had plenty of size but always seemed to go at half pace .

You would expect a big man his size to lead the way and dominate the game , however poor old Woodsy appeared to be running out of gas in just about every match he played in .

Probably a very nice bloke though .

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
- Fifita.
- McGuire.
- Napa.
- Taupau.
- Woods (off contract).
Decisions.
Has the modern game changed so much that these warriors are now “once were Warriors”.

Napa was never great, he's a flop who's place in the game died when the shoulder charge was outlawed.

Dragon David

First Grade
- Fifita.
- McGuire.
- Napa.
- Taupau.
- Woods (off contract).
Decisions.
We all age. Look at me I've just turned 74 and the years have sped by. As they say, "time and tide waits for no man". In the case of the footballers, unless you are a Cameron Smith, life in footy is short and these props, and you can add James Graham (he has reached it), are reaching their use by date. Once the players reach the early thirties, it's more or less hang up the boots time. These guys would only have a couple of years left in them.

No. I'm hoping we do not get any of these guys. We need the Molo's or Stone's or Blacker's.

denis preston

First Grade
Off the 5 mentioned , Woods would have to be the most disappointing the man had plenty of size but always seemed to go at half pace .

You would expect a big man his size to lead the way and dominate the game , however poor old Woodsy appeared to be running out of gas in just about every match he played in .

Probably a very nice bloke though .
Napa is even worse.Just ask a Bulldog supporter.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
- Fifita.
- McGuire.
- Napa.
- Taupau.
- Woods (off contract).
Decisions.

My predictions here:
Fafita > :dragon_face:
Mcguire > :shark:
Tapou > :dog2:
Napa > :eagle:
Woods > :guardsman:♂️

Just my thoughts only.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I can see McGuire coming to the red V any minute now. Hook seems to want his old baby Bronco's to reunite. Not that it is a bad thing as he has them playing at their best. And with all the experience playing under Hook it does not take them long to hit their straps under Hook as they know what his style of play is. If Saints can land McGuire, Fafita and get Jack De Belin wow what a pack that will be.....

qld redvee

Juniors
not sure on mcguire he hasnt really set the world on fire in the last 2 years AND he is reprtedly on a motza. I cant see the cowboys throwing as much coin our way as supposedly the sharks are willing to
I think fifita is a better fit for us ( never thought Id say that) as i can see him coming off the bench as an impact player and his offloads close to line could be very useful . and if fifita is good for the younger players then that can only benefit the club. he may just be able to unlock eddie blackers potential

Latest posts