What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandy's Comments About Milford

Danish

Referee
This is my wider point, rugby league in Australia has had a broadcast media culture of massaging the players rather than being honest. They've always employed former players or coaches who'd prefer to stay friendly with x player and to not rock the apple cart. It's like Denan Kemp writing serenades to Cam Murray but not as over the top. It took the media about 5 years to give any sort of negative press to Mary McGregor just because he was present among the wider circle of the RL world and everyone felt too awkward to criticise him until it got completely indefensible. Gordon Tallis would criticise Bennett, and everyone gasps then gives him a segment on the Matty Johns show to further elaborate and make it easier for them to process. As much as like Andrew Johns' insight, he will go into detail about things that teams are doing right, but when it comes to teams doing things wrong (and a lot) he won't really call anyone to account for it, unless it's super bad like Joey Leilua being a contemptible waste of space.

I hope Brandy encouraged others to say what they're really thinking, it's better than "hmmm *shrug* yeah, dno what's wrong with them, they're in a tough place at the moment, we'll see what happens"

Kieran Foran is the player version of Mary. In fact he might be even worse than Milford in the purchase stakes.

that bloke has been a compete dumpster fire since his first stint at manly ended, and yet you’ll never hear any commentary about him except about how he loves playing at the advantage line and how courageous he is.

At least people will say Milford is not playing well. Foran is still dining out off line breaks he used to make in 2012

I feel like there’s a few more pundits coming in who will call what they see vs blowing smoke. Brandy has always been pretty honest (remember the world getting their panties in a twist when he said JT played a year too long). Gallen, Cronk, Ennis and Gasnier are others who will call what they see and aren’t worried about hurting feelings.

Billythekid

First Grade
Kieran Foran is the player version of Mary. In fact he might be even worse than Milford in the purchase stakes.

that bloke has been a compete dumpster fire since his first stint at manly ended, and yet you’ll never hear any commentary about him except about how he loves playing at the advantage line and how courageous he is.

At least people will say Milford is not playing well. Foran is still dining out off line breaks he used to make in 2012

Foran is even worse because he has somehow managed to get 3 different clubs to sign him despite it all.

billygilmore

Juniors
It's how it is with league though, media are just a bunch of pussies with the players, Brandy didn't go far enough, I like Milford but he's deadset not a halfs asshole and never has been, there really is no perfect position for him so he should have went the Craig Wing, Shaun Berrigan utility role and worked on his defence more than anything.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Milford is playing terribly but the organisation as a whole is in a ghastly position due to miss management. Milford is just absorbing his compensation, as is his right, blame falls with the administration. Brandy was just trying to rip out a clever line but has the IQ of of a severely concussed Hodges.

King hit

Coach
tenor.png

Showtime

Juniors
I’ve said it in a previous thread, I don’t see someone who enjoys playing footy when I look at Milford, I see someone who has to play because he was good once upon a time and he’s getting 1mil a season.

Milford hasn't robbed anyone.

The broncos decision makers who
signed him have defrauded the broncos.

They decided to pay him the big dollars, it's on them for being wrong in their assessment about his worth.

And Alexander is a flog.

Word.

Seeing the Broncos being this shitful is pretty good. It’s nice. Doesn’t really matter what the Dragons do now. Broncos, Dogs and Manly down the bottom really warms my cold, crusty heart.

Hopefully the Sharks go shit soon. They ain’t shit.

blaza88z

Coach
It's pretty obvious where they f**ked up with Milford, they asked him to be the game organizer and not the explosive ball runner.

He complimented Ben Hunt really well and we almost won a GF off the back of it, if we had of won that game he almost certainly wins the Clive Churchill. The biggest mistake the club made was letting Ben Hunt go and replacing him with Jack Bird, from that moment on he hasn't been able to deliver what has been asked of him as it's not really his strength. I don't blame Milford at all but ultimately he will cop most of the heat.

MugaB

Coach
Foran is even worse because he has somehow managed to get 3 different clubs to sign him despite it all.
Thats just great management on his managers part...

Regarding Milford, watch his international games, he still has it, very electric, there's something going on at red hill holding him back, he could very well be tanking it on purpose

Incorrect

Coach
When you consider bloke's like Milford and Luke Brooks are earning 1m and 850K or thereabouts respectively, you have to admire clubs being responsible with their cap and paying the likes of Gutherson 750K or a bloke like George Williams who probably ain't on much more than 500K

betcats

Referee
Obviously Milford has to bare some responsibility for his fall from grace, but i look at that club and what has happened since they lost the battle and won the war (LOL! Still my favourite quote on this site) and i personally hold the Brisbane Broncos club responsible

I've said it 100 times before but RL need to convene some sort of Nuremberg style trial to hold account for crimes against the code

First up is the Broncos for taking a once in a generation talent, one of the most gifted and creative players in the world and coaching every ounce of talent, creativity and ability out of him to the point now where he is a mediocre catch and pass, ball distributing halfback

It can not be overstated how electric and dynamic he was as an attacking footballer and now he's basically a shittier version of Chad Townsend. And ill never forgive them for it. What happened here was akin to us jumping 4 years into the future and finding out Kaylan Ponga is playing a catch, pass and kick role as a first receiver at the knights.

Haul the incompetent boobs responsible for this in front of a RL grand jury, they should spend the rest of their days in stocks for the RL public to hurl rotten fruit at

He’s just a lazy merkin, got a long million a year deal and stopped putting in.

Latest posts