What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Montoya
3- Pompey
4- Perham
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- O’Sullivan
8- Ah Mau
9- Egan
10- Taunoa Brown
11- Katoa
12- Harris
13- Tevaga

Res- Afoa, Murdoch-Masila, Murchie, Evans

Toyed with dropping Nikrorima.

Tough on Ale.

Last edited:

waipiro

Juniors
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fus
3- Pompey
4- Montoya
5- Maumalo
6- Turner
7- O’Sullivan
8- Ah Mau
9- Egan
10- Evans
11- Murdoch-Masila
12- Harris
13- Tevaga

Res- Katoa, Murchie/Ale, Nikorima, Afoa

SmashEmBro

Juniors
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fus
3- Pompey
4- Montoya
5- Perham
6- Turner
7- O’Sullivan
8- Ah Mau
9- Egan
10- Evans
11- Murchie/Sironen
12- Harris
13- Tevaga

Res- BMM, Ale, Afoa, JTB

Kodi, Maumalo and Katoa dropped for me.

We were lacking in front foot ball, Turner won’t be able to do much unless we have a pack going forward so we need a big interchange bench

Penrose_11

Juniors
I get some of the Kodi beef but O’Sullivan is just plod. We have zero enterprise in 6,7,9 spots and rely on Roger to be involved in nearly every play. Egan didn’t have 1 run out of the ruck last night. He’s gotta be able to do more than his standard one out questionable line ball and often forward pass. On last nights effort i think i’d rather have Jazz there at 9 cos least he shows energy

Penrose_11

Juniors
“On last nights effort i think i’d rather have Jazz there at 9 cos least he shows energy”

Ok maybe not Jazz but the cupboard is bare

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fus
3- Pompey
4- Montoya
5- Perham
6- Turner
7- O’Sullivan
8- Ah Mau
9- Egan
10- Evans
11- Murchie/Sironen
12- Harris
13- Tevaga

Res- BMM, Ale, Afoa, JTB

Kodi, Maumalo and Katoa dropped for me.

Don't quite get that.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Hayze to centre, Montoya on the wing, Fus and Maumalo paper scissors rock for who doesn't get dropped.

Actually Ken can go, I still have a sliver of hope for Fus.

Very very dissapointd in Fus lack of effort on effort plays. He should of scored in the corner once but wasnt even in position. He can go. Montoya on the wing and Hayze can come in

Meth

Staff member
What’s not to get... 3 out of 5 games this year he’s made less than 50 meters, IMO has been our worst and least consistent forwards.

Might be other factors there though. It may not be because he can't be arsed having a run. It seems to me like he's working hard, but isn't be used as an attacking feature as much as he may have been last year. I'm not entirely sure why.

Also, he's generally playing limited minutes.

nswarrior

Juniors
Our team selection is stupid. Why bench Katia for the sake of it. He played better when he got longer minutes last year. Have 4 props/ 2nd rowers on the bench is pointless when you have Harris and Katia who play 80 mins

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Might be other factors there though. It may not be because he can't be arsed having a run. It seems to me like he's working hard, but isn't be used as an attacking feature as much as he may have been last year. I'm not entirely sure why.

Also, he's generally playing limited minutes.

Look at someone like Tom Ale, who made more meters in less time than Katoa. Came on and busted a gut.

I haven’t seen much from Katoa this year and the stats kinda back that up. I’m just saying when it comes down to it I’d rather have Murchie or Ale over him at the moment.

Meth

Staff member
Look at someone like Tom Ale, who made more meters in less time than Katoa. Came on and busted a gut.

I haven’t seen much from Katoa this year and the stats kinda back that up. I’m just saying when it comes down to it I’d rather have Murchie or Ale over him at the moment.

Well, yeah, but Ale's playing in the middle of the park.

If you'd rather Murchie or Ale, that's fine. I just don't get the criticism of Katoa.

Leber

Bench
I'd go something like...

1 RTS
2 Maumalo/Fus
3 Montoya
4 Perham
5 Pompey
6 Nikorima
7 Turner
8 JTB
9 Egan
10 Afoa
11 Katoa
12 Harris
13 BMM

14 Tevaga
15 Murchie
16 Ah Mau
17 Ale/Evans

Drop a winger. Both have been average for a while and there needs to be accountability. I'd rather drop Kodi, but an inexperienced o'Sullivan/Turner combo would be a disaster.

However I can't see us winning alot of games with our 6,7 and 9 as they are.

Leber

Bench
Hayze to centre, Montoya on the wing, Fus and Maumalo paper scissors rock for who doesn't get dropped.

Actually Ken can go, I still have a sliver of hope for Fus.

Make them mud wrestle for the last winger spot.