What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

The subtext appears to be the Fitz is one part of the solution to attract quality talent. Need to see the other parts come to fruition to assess.

Morris has been a good development coach but can he build a squad to contend? Can Fitzgibbon do that? Both are unproven.

By setting a top 4 expectation, its on the board to provide resources and personnel to deliver. Without those in place, expectations are just wishes.
Fitzy is obviously one piece of the puzzle.
Let's see how the next 3 or 4 pieces fall into place.

Eion

First Grade
He has twisted his narrative to be more about the club being transparent with Bomber and how it is disrespectful etc.
He tried to use the approach to Bellamy as an example. We all know that he's still dirty on missing out on that story when it's his club, without mentioning how well the club kept the story quiet.
All to be expected. He sounds like he's about to cry as he has now realised he is out of the loop of the Sharks going ons. That De La connection must've been lost, not to mention the Flange conduit.
It’s delicious he’s out of the loop. Reason alone to re-elect this board. Buzz has been poison to our club.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Imagine you’re bomber turning up to training this morning. How do you go about your normal day knowing you’ve already pretty much lost your job next year

carinashark

First Grade
Bomber vs a serious clean out? Well we will se if that clean out happens under Fitzgibbon.
My preference would have been to keep Morris , clean out the dead wood and spend money on filling the positions we need to get to a GF. But My main priority would be building a development team system that would keep us in a top four position. Maybe we should be keeping Morris on to oversee that development system. I want our team to look like Penrith, that and Melbourne are the teams I like to watch.
When I think of the Roosters I see money, lots of it, spent well. Fitz has been part of this . Not just some money some years but years ,every year. Will he come into the club on a wave of dollars then leave when the tide is strangled by cap restrictions? Dose he have the skills with the younger guys Morris obviously has? Or will it develop into an ‘old boys’ .The team has improved out of sight after a full off season ,even Chad is playing well after a disappointing season last year. Defence is better co ordinated . We won’t be in a GF this year , we still are carrying Flanno’s bad decisions.
I can see why Fitz likes the look of our coaching gig. If he is made coach he better start winning from the get go. He will not have excuses.
For me I would stay with Morris.

I see Bomber along the lines of Nathan Brown's time at STI. Could get them playing ok, but never to reach its height.
I do not see Fitzy along the lines of Bennett, but I do see him being the beneficiary of Bombers work, and hopefully building on that, he has been involved in a lot of GF's so to transpire into those results would be what we'd all want.

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
Unfortunately it comes with the turf for Coaches. It’s shitty, but how it is

Yep, if you listen to TKs podcast with Fitzy from last year he even says it just comes with being a coach that you're likely to get sacked. Doesn't take a genius to see what happens across the league with coaches.

Hopefully Morris sees out the year and sees it as a way to improve his credentials for other clubs. It's still valuable HC experience, and if we end up having an OK year then all the better for him.

Still want him to stick around but that seems unlikely.

Chimp

Bench
Quite a few people insinuating that they know what’s coming - on the face of things, would seem harsh on Morris just replacing him with Fitz..... Unless, (and this is a HUGE unless) Fitz also comes with Bellamy as his boss....

Anyone ‘in the know’, feel free to drop a DM to this poor old Pommy who’s no chance of hearing any inside scoops!

Quicksilver

Bench
Bomber vs a serious clean out? Well we will se if that clean out happens under Fitzgibbon.
My preference would have been to keep Morris , clean out the dead wood and spend money on filling the positions we need to get to a GF. But My main priority would be building a development team system that would keep us in a top four position. Maybe we should be keeping Morris on to oversee that development system. I want our team to look like Penrith, that and Melbourne are the teams I like to watch.
When I think of the Roosters I see money, lots of it, spent well. Fitz has been part of this . Not just some money some years but years ,every year. Will he come into the club on a wave of dollars then leave when the tide is strangled by cap restrictions? Dose he have the skills with the younger guys Morris obviously has? Or will it develop into an ‘old boys’ .The team has improved out of sight after a full off season ,even Chad is playing well after a disappointing season last year. Defence is better co ordinated . We won’t be in a GF this year , we still are carrying Flanno’s bad decisions.
I can see why Fitz likes the look of our coaching gig. If he is made coach he better start winning from the get go. He will not have excuses.
For me I would stay with Morris.

Of course there will be a clean out, the new appointment happens to coincide with the expiration of the contracts that were a noose around Morris’s neck

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Bench
I see Bomber along the lines of Nathan Brown's time at STI. Could get them playing ok, but never to reach its height.
I do not see Fitzy along the lines of Bennett, but I do see him being the beneficiary of Bombers work, and hopefully building on that, he has been involved in a lot of GF's so to transpire into those results would be what we'd all want.

Bit of a different situation, I think. Saints had a very highly rated squad that were actually taking the field most weeks. Their best players were at their peak. They were usually up there as favourites for the comp.

Morris has a bunch of old deadwood that he has had to precariously manage due to the cap situation. And he’s had to bring through a bunch of young kids that really weren’t our first choice.

Bit of a different situation, I think. Saints had a very highly rated squad that were actually taking the field most weeks. Their best players were at their peak. They were usually up there as favourites for the comp.

Morris has a bunch of old deadwood that he has had to precariously manage due to the cap situation. And he’s had to bring through a bunch of young kids that really weren’t our first choice.
Of course its different, Bomber has been involved in the make up of our systems for years now, helping build them. Brown was never in that position but spent his years building from the top tier.
I probably should have worded it better and said "I see similarities".

R-15-3

Bench
To me it looks like Bellamys first signing.
Also the news of Fitz came from outside the club not within again!!!! Shows we have really tightened up our back of house and getting serious.

Latest posts