What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

Girds89

Bench
Critta coping it atm.
I've said all along he wouldn't just be an instant success back there. Takes time to build up the fitness to play there.

He has the catching ability and when he applies himself at 100% effort he looks dangerous but to often at he seems to be operating at 75%. Jogs it back, jogs to the ball etc. Just shows not enough urgency.

I think with a full season back there or are an off season he'd go good but Edwards is our number one and will be for foreseeable future. Charlie not big/strong enough yet to be carting the ball back. He'd be to heavily targeted and we can't be starting our sets on the back foot.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Critta coping it atm.
I've said all along he wouldn't just be an instant success back there. Takes time to build up the fitness to play there.

He has the catching ability and when he applies himself at 100% effort he looks dangerous but to often at he seems to be operating at 75%. Jogs it back, jogs to the ball etc. Just shows not enough urgency.

I think with a full season back there or are an off season he'd go good but Edwards is our number one and will be for foreseeable future. Charlie not big/strong enough yet to be carting the ball back. He'd be to heavily targeted and we can't be starting our sets on the back foot.

The people giving it to him don’t really understand how hard it is to be an NRL fullbacks, seems like people expect Billy Slater over night

WestyLife

First Grade
The people giving it to him don’t really understand how hard it is to be an NRL fullbacks, seems like people expect Billy Slater over night

Not at all but at the same time I'm not going to like players just because they're at our club.

The_Frog

First Grade
Bring back nado. Im sure he'll miss a few tackles but I'd love to see him and Charlie in attack together again.
This is where we find out how far on the outer Naden is. If I were the club I'd go for a downgrade on Momo, it wasn't a grade 2, but he'll still get a week. They'll need an outside back next week and Naden seems the obvious choice.

betcats

Referee
No fullback brings the ball back at full speed all the time. If the kick chase is good they are looking for a litttle gap to poke through so they can on their front and get a quick play the ball.

If you sprint back at a good defensive kick chase most of the time they will dominate the tackle and get a slow play the ball. Watch teddy and pap tonight, they will return it hard at times but there will be plenty times they do not.

WestyLife

First Grade
No fullback brings the ball back at full speed all the time. If the kick chase is good they are looking for a litttle gap to poke through so they can on their front and get a quick play the ball.

If you sprint back at a good defensive kick chase most of the time they will dominate the tackle and get a slow play the ball. Watch teddy and pap tonight, they will return it hard at times but there will be plenty times they do not.

No issue with that part. He just looks off. If it was one of my team members I'd be asking if they were doing alright.

age.s

First Grade
I think we could be seeing May at centre again.

On May, gees he looks out of sorts at the moment. Really pedestrian.

Agreed. It's not just the miss either (though that was very bad). He had a real knack for injecting himself effectively in the attack which he hasn't been doing this year.

He'll want to be careful. He's off contact and needs to earn his spot with Burton a pretty natural fit for the 14.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed. It's not just the miss either (though that was very bad). He had a real knack for injecting himself effectively in the attack which he hasn't been doing this year.

He'll want to be careful. He's off contact and needs to earn his spot with Burton a pretty natural fit for the 14.

I was saying to a mate. Not sure Burton can defend in the middle which is where May has been playing

Kenny is more likely in that role

WestyLife

First Grade
Watching the replay now. At around 12 minutes and 58 minutes Momirovski had an unmarked Staines and chose not to pass.

betcats

Referee
Lol I can't imagine why the footage shows it pretty clear. At least the Crichton stuff is debatable.

What are you getting at though? It is just one play he ran instead of passed. Mom had a good game and has been fantastic overall. I mean he had a fantastic pass last week to set up that try, he breaks tackles, he is very good in the air and he is giving the ball to Charlie more and more imo.

You can pick out mistakes from most of our backs tbh. Burton could have tackled or slowed down TPJ more for their first try, he could've looked to his left on that break and seen Critta instead of running away. To'o dropped the ball over the line and had some errors. Critta missed a tackle of that forward as well as some others. Charlie had a good shot at the try line and got bundled into touch. Its very rare that someone plays a perfect game.

Latest posts