What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 6: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
Just watched the game in my new house. No curtains yet, so all the Thais across the road partying had no idea why the hell a white dude was running around a house screaming like a nutcase.... God damn it. When you watch a replay you can see the time left and get an idea of what is going to happen. I knew it would go to golden point by mid 2nd half. That pressure was insane knowing they have Reynolds and Mitchell. When Brooks ran away at the end I'm sure I taught around 30 Asians the art of English swearing in joy.

What a disappointment. That was a make or break season game. How do you inspire a team after that loss...

I think we were the better team on the night, Souths however have that touch more class, polish, belief whatever you want to call it in themselves to get the job done and it showed up in the end result. That ordinary set of six on the rabbits line by us ,where we turned the ball over before Reynolds kicked the field goal convinced me we were going to blow this game, we as WT supporters have all been down that road before and unfortunately it turned out that way .

stryker

First Grade
I think we were the better team on the night, Souths however have that touch more class, polish, belief whatever you want to call it in themselves to get the job done and it showed up in the end result. That ordinary set of six on the rabbits line by us ,where we turned the ball over before Reynolds kicked the field goal convinced me we were going to blow this game, we as WT supporters have all been down that road before and unfortunately it turned out that way .
Yeah it’s sets like that one that drive me crazy about our halves. Keep the pressure on. Even if you don’t score, keep the ball, wear them down, tire them out and break their confidence.

Nope...go for the try every tackle and when it doesn’t come off just shrug your shoulders.

stryker

First Grade
I should add that our spine were great and were no worse than Souths spine.
Our spine played well but in the end theirs won them the game. That experience and class was the difference. Our guys will learn from that.

stryker

First Grade
Bullshit.
The fact you don’t see that shows your agenda.
The pack were great.
The bench were great.
The back 3 were mostly great.
The centres were safe and played well.
The halves played well but neither went that extra step to ensure the win. They didn’t apply the blowtorch when we were on top. Souths were imploding due to the way we committed to our defence yet came back and won.
You can’t blame our rookie spine members. The experienced one needs to stand up and ice games like that.

Tiger05

First Grade
You can’t blame our rookie spine members. The experienced one needs to stand up and ice games like that.

I don't have an agenda but you clearly state yours. The halfback is to blame for any loss. It's cool.

I don't blame the spine. Tamou missed a key tackle. The referring was really really poor and I don't often complain about that. Talau came up with some really poor plays. The spine were really good.

You are right in that they will learn from that and I'm not just talking about the spine.

Another point is that Mbye is playing pretty well in the lock role. We were playing with two middle forwards and Mbye for a chunk of that game. They try and use Twal like this but his ball playing isn't as good.

Pezz70

Juniors
Last night shows two things, the positive effect of line speed in both defence and attack, get the ‘D’ right the attack comes. Attack was best this year and so was the defence.

Second, tigers attitude was shit first few games

stryker

First Grade
I don't have an agenda but you clearly state yours. The halfback is to blame for any loss. It's cool.

I don't blame the spine. Tamou missed a key tackle. The referring was really really poor and I don't often complain about that. Talau came up with some really poor plays. The spine were really good.

You are right in that they will learn from that and I'm not just talking about the spine.

Another point is that Mbye is playing pretty well in the lock role. We were playing with two middle forwards and Mbye for a chunk of that game. They try and use Twal like this but his ball playing isn't as good.
You do have an agenda and have stated for years that Brooks is a good halfback. At least I am man enough to admit to mine. He doesn’t win us games and I want him replaced. If Reynolds was our half last night do we lose that game? I believe with a committed defensive team behind him he would have driven Souths back into their territory enough to frustrate them into a mistake.

Tiger05

First Grade
You do have an agenda and have stated for years that Brooks is a good halfback. At least I am man enough to admit to mine. He doesn’t win us games and I want him replaced. If Reynolds was our half last night do we lose that game? I believe with a committed defensive team behind him he would have driven Souths back into their territory enough to frustrate them into a mistake.

You are coming at it from a different perspective to me. Brooks is a good halfback. He isn't a great halfback. I'd replace him no problems if we get a better option and it suits the balance of the team.

He played well last night and he has been good this season.

I don't know if we would have won with Reynolds. There were other factors from other players that were pretty significant events. In stating that Reynolds is heaps better than Brooks. It's not close.

When you go on a football field and use a forearm and a kick to the head of your opponents, you would have to feel fortunate that you were not sent from the field or at least put in the bin.Throw a punch and your automatically binned, do cheap shots like LM
and it’s play on.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't get how Latrell gets away with it. He is the grubbiest player in the game. No wonder he went to Souths.

Tigerm

First Grade
You are coming at it from a different perspective to me. Brooks is a good halfback. He isn't a great halfback. I'd replace him no problems if we get a better option and it suits the balance of the team.

He played well last night and he has been good this season.

I don't know if we would have won with Reynolds. There were other factors from other players that were pretty significant events. In stating that Reynolds is heaps better than Brooks. It's not close.
I don’t know if we would have won either, but I don’t think they would have if he wasn’t playing for them?

I don’t think we deserved to win it due to lack of composure at that back end.

Surrender an 8 point lead, give the best kicker in the game multiple chances, a sin bin and allow Burgess to tip toe through.

Let’s be truthful, all knew we were doomed in that last 10. The dread set in bad. The stomach is churning waiting to be executed. That old familiar feeling.

But Souths at full grand final strength, our mostly factory team pushed them to the edge and we can take a lot from that game.

All that we ask for is that we can replicate the attitude and effort, find some consistency.

I appreciate the effort and a quick nod to Madge for 70 minutes instead of the 30 minutes we are used to.

I’m glad we didn’t need the 70 point start some of us were asking for!

We showed up and had a real go. Going the right way.

We certainty would have won it if we had Renno, but we would have won it with a couple of good forwards too.

Last edited:

Latest posts