What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 6: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Tiger

Bench
Appreciate the effort so far but in the end it just makes games like last week even worse. Every year we end up with 2 or 3 upsets against top teams but 5 or 6 loses against bottom teams that cost us a finals spot

Vozzy

Juniors
We didn't deserve to lose I'm kind of heart broken but Latrell the merkin should of been sent off twice. I felt it was half bounced at the end but the way it was freeze framed looked like pressure.

I just want that performance next week.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Of course we are the team that gets screwed by the gimmick 2 point field goal.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we will win more than we lose. But I am assuming we will get the cowboys version next week.

great debut by Simpkin, pretty much showed that Liddle is now the backup from now on

stryker

First Grade
Same result as last week but what a different feeling.
I hated them last week for their disgraceful effort.
Today, even though the execution was clunky and discipline was largely poor, they played against adversity and really stood up.
I thought the forwards were great but the backs let us down and didn’t seal the win.

stryker

First Grade
Just on Daine Laurie...
The kid is playing really well, he is a good attacking fullback and is as safe as houses under the highball. These two things alone have been lacking for years here....however....
As a last line of defence, he is substandard for mine. I’m not blaming him for the game winning try but I can’t remember him making any one on one tackles once the line has been broken this year. He seems easily wrong footed. It’s a true weakness in his game.

simmo1

First Grade
Not sure what is more of a dirty merkin, the two point field goal rule or Latrell grubbing it up against us again.

Another loss, but a better effort against quality opposition. A common theme from the past 3-4 seasons. We all wish they could play like that every week but it never happens.

Travitoh

First Grade
Just on Daine Laurie...
The kid is playing really well, he is a good attacking fullback and is as safe as houses under the highball. These two things alone have been lacking for years here....however....
As a last line of defence, he is substandard for mine. I’m not blaming him for the game winning try but I can’t remember him making any one on one tackles once the line has been broken this year. He seems easily wrong footed. It’s a true weakness in his game.

Similar to Latrell for Souths, the kid will win you more games with his talent than he will lose with his defence. End of the day, if your fullbacks defensive ability is a big concern, there are bigger issues in front of him.

Big fan of Laurie.

Just on Daine Laurie...
As a last line of defence, he is substandard for mine. I’m not blaming him for the game winning try but I can’t remember him making any one on one tackles once the line has been broken this year. He seems easily wrong footed. Thoughts?

Yeah theres a definite trade off with him.

If he builds up and trains hard, he may be able to improve his one on one as there have been some good attacking fullbacks over the years, smaller with good defence.

We don’t have the speed or guile to cover for him properly atm. I think everyone knows it.

But his attacking game and catching is first rate.

And again, Doogie turns up for big games. He is fantastic.

Not sure what is more of a dirty merkin, the two point field goal rule or Latrell grubbing it up against us again.

Another loss, but a better effort against quality opposition. A common theme from the past 3-4 seasons. We all wish they could play like that every week but it never happens.

That’s a good post.

I think we had our own offenders as well lol.

Latrell chasing revenge was probably our game plan as well.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Just on Daine Laurie...

gotta remember is is only 7 games into his career. A lot of fullbacks, particularly the smaller ones, start off as pretty poor defenders and then learn how to stop tries.

He will learn, most people don’t remember but Slater was a pretty trash defender for the first half dozen years of his career but only remember the beast that he was at the end

axl rose

Bench
gotta remember is is only 7 games into his career. A lot of fullbacks, particularly the smaller ones, start off as pretty poor defenders and then learn how to stop tries.

He will learn, most people don’t remember but Slater was a pretty trash defender for the first half dozen years of his career but only remember the beast that he was at the end

Lockyer was bad as well, Ponga is hopeless in defense. The days of great defense fullbacks like Gary Jack and Brasher are long past.

Anyway how many minutes did Simpkin get and how did he go?