What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
A - I highly doubt he was ever given 850k. Figures are always inflated. Perhaps 700k-750k

B - My mail is Eels paying 500k. How true I don't know.You prob know more. Just can't see how we could afford our squad tbh if was costing that.

The fact is plenty of clubs get bargains and over pay. Look at this Isiah Papali'i. Never heard of the guy. Cost around 150k. And has been one of the best forwards in the game this season. You guys nailed one with Capewell.

But while on Capewell. He will be 28 this season. A good player but whoever gets him next will pay more then he is worth. Just in a good side that he gels with in his peak years. The career he has had though he should chase the money. I doubt he has had one decent contract before.

All Panthers need to do is keep the halves together. JFH,Too,Spencer,Kikau and Api. I wouldn't be concerned if any others come and went. You'll always find guys to replace them with the junior production line.

the $500k we pay for RCG and Blake ends this year. So suddenly those bargains become more expensive.

We have the right guys locked in lower grades are flying. Them and a few cheap discards will fill the squad out

the $500k we pay for RCG and Blake ends this year. So suddenly those bargains become more expensive.

We have the right guys locked in lower grades are flying. Them and a few cheap discards will fill the squad out
Wrong the deals with RCG and Blake end next year. We are paying 200k for each player per year.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's all speculation. RCG maybe on around 500k for his whole time at the Eels. Regardless of how long Panthers are chipping in. He may of figured if get 200k extra for the first 3yrs from Panthers then takes a bit of a cut its still a good deal.
Absolutely no way the Eels management are paying him those figures thrown around of 800k.

WestyLife

First Grade
It's all speculation....
Absolutely no way the Eels management are paying him those figures thrown around of 800k.

giphy.gif

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It's all speculation. RCG maybe on around 500k for his whole time at the Eels. Regardless of how long Panthers are chipping in. He may of figured if get 200k extra for the first 3yrs from Panthers then takes a bit of a cut its still a good deal.

Ya sure bout that ? ...........Many on Penrith forum (rightly so believe the deal is well upwards of $600,000 big ones.

Your club has a history of this type of overpayment too.

Black Magik

Juniors
Have to feel for young Burton. Wanted out of the Panthers. Seems like he may have signed way too soon! He could have ended up at the Broncos or NQ...even Sharks or Roosters could have entertained him. Probably could have got similar money also.

betcats

Referee
Have to feel for young Burton. Wanted out of the Panthers. Seems like he may have signed way too soon! He could have ended up at the Broncos or NQ...even Sharks or Roosters could have entertained him. Probably could have got similar money also.

They all would've been after him. Signing with the dogs at this point has turned into a big time mistake and tbh it could cost him money in the long run.

maple_69

Bench
Id be signing up with the Sharks or Brisbane. I think those sides are a few good moves away from being quite competitive in 2023. NQLD and the Dogs have a mountain of work to do to transition their squads.

betcats

Referee
Id be signing up with the Sharks or Brisbane. I think those sides are a few good moves away from being quite competitive in 2023. NQLD and the Dogs have a mountain of work to do to transition their squads.

Yep and the dogs seem to be making the mistake of paying overs to multiple blokes to get them to sign. No way cotric, jac, burton went there for anything close to good value, they will need to pay overs for some middles and a hooker as well. Their cap will be f**ked again soon and so far they arent even off the bottom of the table.

Whino

Bench
New Fish deal stalls

I’m told that it could be a little while longer before the Panthers and James Fisher-Harris agree on a new contract. While Penrith has made the 25-year-old a priority for the future, it’s becoming apparent the two parties are fairly wide apart on the terms of any new deal. Both the club and Fisher-Harris expect a deal to be done, but it may take a bit longer than anticipated.
https://westernweekender.com.au/2021/04/masked-panther-new-fish-deal-stalls/

WestyLife

First Grade
New Fish deal stalls

I’m told that it could be a little while longer before the Panthers and James Fisher-Harris agree on a new contract. While Penrith has made the 25-year-old a priority for the future, it’s becoming apparent the two parties are fairly wide apart on the terms of any new deal. Both the club and Fisher-Harris expect a deal to be done, but it may take a bit longer than anticipated.
https://westernweekender.com.au/2021/04/masked-panther-new-fish-deal-stalls/

So he wants more money and it'll negatively effect the salary cap.

chrisD

Coach
That's why they were talking about 5 years. Long and (per season) cheap.

It's like that saying, good, cheap, fast - pick two. From a footballer's perspective when it comes to their contracts it's money, length, strong club. He could get big money per season on a 3+ year contract, but not at a club as strong as us.

Jane Murray

Bench
I don't think he wanted out. He was seeking an opportunity, and he was ill advised.

Smug Panther

First Grade
That's why they were talking about 5 years. Long and (per season) cheap.

It's like that saying, good, cheap, fast - pick two. From a footballer's perspective when it comes to their contracts it's money, length, strong club. He could get big money per season on a 3+ year contract, but not at a club as strong as us.
Fish is a guy id back for 5 years. Didn't think I'd want long contracts again after RCG but he's a different beast

The_Frog

First Grade
Or could have stayed where he was. They probably convinced him he'd be in reserve grade all year at Penrith but if he signed they'd get him out.

Latest posts