What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I know it ain't a lap of honour and a week long party with a broken trophy in our hands merkin.

So what's on our side of the fence over the last 35 years?

Oh that's right a bunch of weeds, rotting worms and bucket loads of false hope that we have all had to swallow like a spoonful of gag invoking medicine. While their fence has been producing mangos, strawberries, peaches and probably served to them by a host of naked bevvies in a private Caligula style of forum and 3 titles for them to feast on.

Now as you were saying merkin?

You still don't get it.

1633908158685.png

1633908171364.png

1633908321526.png

hindy111

Post Whore

Who are your picks for possible NRL debuts this season?
Being a strong side I think fans needs to realise its hard for a junior to crack our team. I think Penisini could be a real star. He showed promise from the get go. Greig with a big off season and depending on attitude could be a real suprise packet. And I've liked what seen from Hollis also.
But I know nothing of any other of our juniors. Its very hard with no junior footy and nsw cup.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Jake Arthurs. It is great he can handle NSW CUP. It means we can put another kid in jersey flegg and double down our chances of finding a good one. Think if he wasn't able to. It would mean another journey men in NSW CUP and him clogging up a spot.

TheRam

Coach
Behind? of course we are, we only took the “development club” direction in 2019. Panthers took it about 10 years ago!!

While its got nothing to do with Matt Cameron, it’s got to the with clubs board taking that direction. Cameron is just managing the process!! I reckon Joey / Issac and co are probably doing just as good now, but it needs time.

and look we also have 14’s, 15’s and 16’s development squads to:

And I guarantee not all clubs do this, dragons definitely don’t.

Of course the Dragons aren't doing it and their results are evidence that they have a long way to go. But who's comparing the Eels to also rans? Certainly not me. Maybe you have confused me with Pou or Gronk.

The point is we should always be comparing ourselves to the best. That is who you learn and improve from, the also rans are the cautionary tale side of the coin. Sure everything good does take time, but it also needs quality people to drive it. The system is only as good as its people. Also I wouldn't mind if we got Hayden Knowles back too. He was ours before he became theirs.

Sorry I just don't have the confidence or assurance you and others here seem to have about the people driving our resurgence as a high quality development club. I am yet to be convinced that we have all the right people in the positions that will ensure we identify ALL the best young talent and then hold on to them to play for OUR NRL team.

But we will see.

Also I mentioned this before, but we should spend some cash and turn Fiji into an extension of our nursery, like the Panthers have turned Dubbo into their nursery. The best two X factor footballers we have had for over 30 years both had Fijian heritage in Hayne and Semi and there are countless of talented kids living on those islands that just need the right type of guidance and development to fulfill that natural born talent.

If we became the primary developer of that nation it would not only benefit Fiji and the NRL as a whole, but Parra would surely gain a hell of a lot too. We need to think big, different and lead not follow. This would be a great way to advance our cause and the RL's too.

But of course it will never happen and posters like Pou will say we don't have the money. But that is crap and if you don't spend the money then don't expect major success. Besides it is Fiji, it wouldn't cost all that much comparatively to Australia would it? The Aussie dollar goes a long way in the Fijian villages. I'm sure if we setup programs and comps the right way it would not be as expensive as many would think. Anyway food for thought.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Sounds like a cult.

Exactly. That is what you want from your footy development side of things. You want all the kids brainwashed to think, live and breathe everything Parra. Right?

Indoctrination is the key to all uber successful sports. Look at the AFL. I wish we had such brainwashed follower like they do. That is why they will ultimately win the war of the football codes. They know the value of being ruthless and brainwashing everyone over to their side, while the NRL gives lip service and beats its chest a lot. So freakin laughable.

But back to Parra, yes build a cult and brainwash every merkin we freakin can ffs! What the F is wrong with you?

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
I speak to plenty too. Have spoken to some of our players and staff too and they rate him highly. They absolutely cannot cop Flanagan. A couple of board members were thinking about it but were briefed and went with the majority. I’ve said previously unless it was Robinson, Bennett or even Holbrook I’d consider it but they all are either not interested (Bennett and Robinson) or have extended themselves (Holbrook).

So who do you go for ? Name a coach.
He needs to show he is capable of improving this team. This year we beat Storm twice which is an improvement but we need to beat Manly (especially), Souths (they're weaker now without Reynolds) and Penrith (also weaker imo) plus consistent performances against other strong sides. Only then will we have the mindset that we can beat these sides and finally progress to GF and maybe win one.

yy_cheng

Coach
Being a strong side I think fans needs to realise its hard for a junior to crack our team. I think Penisini could be a real star. He showed promise from the get go. Greig with a big off season and depending on attitude could be a real suprise packet. And I've liked what seen from Hollis also.
But I know nothing of any other of our juniors. Its very hard with no junior footy and nsw cup.
Will should stay in the team.

I'm interested in Greig and if we lose marata, pappas to the edge and emu in the middle

I liked Rodwell from the 1 game I saw

The Eel

Juniors
I think we are producing quality over quantity at the moment.
I hope Kafusi takes a leap next season. I'm still unsure how far his career will go. I am starting to think his ceiling may only be an NRL level prop. But it isn't to late in any way for him to break out and be a top shelf forward either. Look at Papali'i
Not sure abput Kafusi. Some games I think he looks ok, and not others. Has trouble with his hands too. Not sure he will be much.

Avenger

Immortal
I like the look of Rodwell.

Avenger

Immortal
Not sure abput Kafusi. Some games I think he looks ok, and not others. Has trouble with his hands too. Not sure he will be much.
I’ve heard that we chose him over Stefano. In hindsight, did we make the right choice? In their first year I thought we did, now I’m not so sure.

Incorrect

Coach
I’ve heard that we chose him over Stefano. In hindsight, did we make the right choice? In their first year I thought we did, now I’m not so sure.
I reckon Stefano looks bigger in the hip and core compared to Oregon, harder to take down and has a good physique to build from as he gets used to the rigours of NRL footy. Oregon strikes me as someone who's not quite comfortable in 1st grade yet...

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I don't think it was a case of one or the other. They both could have fitted into the squad. There seemed to be some other stuff at play and the decision was made for us to a degree. I still don't think we are worse off by losing Stephano.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Kaufusi probably had a better attitude and character while stefano had more talent. So we went with the character i cant begrudge them for that.

Stefano was demanding half a million before playing a first grade game that for me suggested he isnt worth the trouble.

When we have plenty of other forwards capable.

Avenger

Immortal
Kaufusi probably had a better attitude and character while stefano had more talent. So we went with the character i cant begrudge them for that.

Stefano was demanding half a million before playing a first grade game that for me suggested he isnt worth the trouble.

When we have plenty of other forwards capable.
He is not on that. That’s a bullshit amount.