What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

DrStange

Juniors
Keegan-Smith is at Storm.

Strange when they have Hughes and Pezet behind him
He was told by Penrith that they had nothing for him after Jersey Flegg and the Storm offer came at that same time
Would Storm offer anymore though?

Pezet you think takes Johns spot. Hughes and Munster aren't going anywhere
Not too sure. I guess Nath has probably another 10 years in first grade and Jarome maybe 7 or 8 and no doubt Jett Cleary will get fast tracked while ever his dad is there. Similar story with Isaiya Katoa and Tylor Bunting to a lesser extent. They have to take their chances elsewhere

Iamback

Coach
He was told by Penrith that they had nothing for him after Jersey Flegg and the Storm offer came at that same time

Not too sure. I guess Nath has probably another 10 years in first grade and Jarome maybe 7 or 8 and no doubt Jett Cleary will get fast tracked while ever his dad is there. Similar story with Isaiya Katoa and Tylor Bunting to a lesser extent. They have to take their chances elsewhere

Not bagging out the leaving part. Just the new club is a strange one.

Manly for example, He'd get into that Blacktown team with his eyes shut.

Old 7 with no 6, Sometimes players are too impatient and take the 1st offer

DrStange

Juniors
Not bagging out the leaving part. Just the new club is a strange one.

Manly for example, He'd get into that Blacktown team with his eyes shut.

Old 7 with no 6, Sometimes players are too impatient and take the 1st offer
Yeah agree with that. It’s always interesting how many good SG Ball and Jersey Flegg players there are currently with other clubs that are Penrith juniors ( at the moment there some really good ones) because lately quite a few end up coming back later on EG: O’Sullivan, Eisenhuth, Chris Smith etc

Iamback

Coach
Yeah agree with that. It’s always interesting how many good SG Ball and Jersey Flegg players there are currently with other clubs that are Penrith juniors ( at the moment there some really good ones) because lately quite a few end up coming back later on EG: O’Sullivan, Eisenhuth, Chris Smith etc

It is a great breeding ground, Shame they go but the top grade is just too young

Iamback

Coach
Panthers are doing a huge amount of work lifting up the entire NRL and what do we really get out of it other than theoretically having '1st Pick' of the Juniors? We are not even close to being compensated enough.

It should be if a junior hits say 100 games at the club. 10% off the cap for that player.
I am not sure you could do it on debuts alone but certainly should be something down the line

Original Name

Juniors
It should be if a junior hits say 100 games at the club. 10% off the cap for that player.
I am not sure you could do it on debuts alone but certainly should be something down the line
Panthers are doing a huge amount of work lifting up the entire NRL and what do we really get out of it other than theoretically having '1st Pick' of the Juniors? We are not even close to being compensated enough.
We won back to back prems through our junior depth and are the most domiant team of the modern era. That success is all the incentive anyone needs for doing it.

Original Name

Juniors
Not if the game wants to expand, You need more teams developing. That requires incentive
How isn't the most amount of dominance since the salary cap was introduced incentive? All teams want success. Like Melbourne had a bunch of success then almost all teams copied their play style. Our success is clear incentive to copy us.

maple_69

Bench
They should give Penrith the Tigers to run on the side and see if we can fire up Campbelltown etc and run both grand finalists.

If I was a half I’d be sticking around to try and get my debut with Penrith, off the bench or as injury/rep cover, and then looking for a move. It’s pretty cut and dry these days, if you start your career in the halves at a shit club, you flame out, you start at a good club and you have a fighting chance.

Iamback

Coach
How isn't the most amount of dominance since the salary cap was introduced incentive? All teams want success. Like Melbourne had a bunch of success then almost all teams copied their play style. Our success is clear incentive to copy us.

Because only one team can win the comp each year, You need incentive for all 17 teams

He was a great player once. The emphasis on the "was". If they mange to get somebody to take him, they should give their commercial manager a bonus, they would deserve it. Who want's an overpaid, 31 year old average backrower?
Especially when we have a potential 20 year old replacement on our books already.

Latest posts