What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

sempmrh

Juniors
New Storm training gear with updated RedZed logo and Cointree replacing Hostplus on the shorts.

77D020FE-D883-4D40-98DB-904DE423B9F6.jpeg

The Great Dane

First Grade
Bowing to the pressure of a tiny minority of noisy old men with inflated senses of self importance is a massive step backwards, especially when most of those old men don't actually follow the club. The club has basically made it's self beholden to their will, and as a result they'll never really be able to move on from a handful of designs from the 80s and 90s, most of which are pretty lame when not viewed through nostalgia goggles.

Having the old designs as a more or less permeant future will also make it hard to really capitalise on the nostalgia sale as well, but that's a tangent.

What the club should have done was come up with a simple home design where the navy wasn't as prominent, inverted it for a clash jersey that they only wear once or twice a season, and banned themselves from producing an arm bands heritage jersey for about a decade unless it's actually for a significant anniversary (i.e. the 30th anniversary of the 94 GF).

BTW, it's interesting that they don't have a sleeves sponsor. I guess the current economic climate is taking it's toll.

GAZF

First Grade
Bowing to the pressure of a tiny minority of noisy old men with inflated senses of self importance is a massive step backwards, especially when most of those old men don't actually follow the club. The club has basically made it's self beholden to their will, and as a result they'll never really be able to move on from a handful of designs from the 80s and 90s, most of which are pretty lame when not viewed through nostalgia goggles.

Having the old designs as a more or less permeant future will also make it hard to really capitalise on the nostalgia sale as well, but that's a tangent.

What the club should have done was come up with a simple home design where the navy wasn't as prominent, inverted it for a clash jersey that they only wear once or twice a season, and banned themselves from producing an arm bands heritage jersey for about a decade unless it's actually for a significant anniversary (i.e. the 30th anniversary of the 94 GF).
I'm roughly of the same opinion. The club executed poorly on the 2021/22 home/away jerseys and probably won't attempt another move outside of the box for another decade now.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I'm roughly of the same opinion. The club executed poorly on the 2021/22 home/away jerseys and probably won't attempt another move outside of the box for another decade now.
Yeah the idea was a good one, they just executed it really poorly.

Instead of giving up they should have learned from their mistakes and tried again.

Saint Doc

Coach
The Raiders’ issue was that the Canberra Milk heritage was too good. They timed the most extreme departure from their traditional look (well, aside from the Superleague/OzEmail days) with the most pin point perfect/nostalgic heritage jersey. The sales numbers would have given the clear message fans prefer a traditional jersey.

i would have liked to have seen the same jersey they’ve produced, but with navy and silver trim/arm bands. Lose the yellow/white/royal blue

Nuke

Staff member
The Knights-nib sponsorship is often a subject of chatter in here, worth noting that the Richmond AFL jumper for 2023 has been revealed on Twitter, this is how the NIB looks on it

View attachment 67814
Yep, pretty much what I expected a while ago, as seen below...
I'm thinking it will be more like one of the ones on the right of the attached image I mocked up.
I would MUCH prefer something like the one on the left, but I'm expecting probably the middle-right one.View attachment 66141
They will most likely go with the top-right one, but at the time I was guessing the middle-right one.

Regardless, let's all agree that any of these are 1000% better than a gigantosaurus-sized lime-green box with a little dash of red-and-blue jersey around the outside of it.

MugaB

Coach
Haha! A hashtag stating 'all red and blue' on a training shirt that's pretty much just blue.

Made me chuckle anyway...
Oh btw, the main part of the design has red on the chest, but NIB logo is conveniently covering it, once again.... wink

LeagueNut

First Grade
Updated Warriors logo with renamed sponsor, next to updated sponsor logo.
1667322303147.png
I'm feeling uneasy about what sort of jersey they'll trot out for next year, reckon it might have a lot more green in it.

Latest posts