What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Gobsmacked

Bench
"There's 300,000 Australians that live in America, so even if we picked up 150,000 of them to follow and subscribe to watch the game, that's another $25 million a year in revenue."

Downgrading expectations already lol
"
"America's got a 340 million population, and if you just get one per cent of that population to be interested in rugby league, we will generate more revenue than what we generate in Australia out of broadcast.

"So it's a big risk, but it's also a big reward if we're successful."

You find the negative in everything not Perth.
Peanut 🥜

Wb1234

Referee
I know, literally impossible. They don't have the stadiums to do it.

I think it's a secret taunt..😁😎
They don’t have the product either

even a great product like league isn’t expected to make huge inroads

Americans aren’t going away from nba and nfl for the afl lmao

Iamback

Coach
"
"America's got a 340 million population, and if you just get one per cent of that population to be interested in rugby league, we will generate more revenue than what we generate in Australia out of broadcast.

"So it's a big risk, but it's also a big reward if we're successful."

You find the negative in everything not Perth.
Peanut 🥜

I don't think anyone has said it isn't a risk but the upside especially for Test RL is huge

Gobsmacked

Bench
PVD is my hero. Not only are we going on a big mission to grow our market into the biggest market but committed for 5 years! Genius! You can get traction in 5 years, it's almost a perfect amount of time.
And like magic round, if it works and grows every year. We could be doing it indefinitely.

Harry O

Juniors
Atleast in some way the NFL is similar to the NRL. Except for the Stupid stoppages.

But afl is equivalent to ballet dancing, both boring as each other

Perth Red

Post Whore
Union has been at it for decades and spent a hell of a lot more money and has a much bigger influence circle. How they going in USA?

Like he said he's a gambler and he's taking a punt that hosting an annual double header and spending a small bit of money on marketing will get people interested in the sport. I remember Grant being similar with his 'digital' future $100mill investment strategy. Which Vlandys largely closed down to appease tv partners lol.

Its a top down approach, will it work? Time will tell but the odds are very slim, which is kind of ironic given its in Vegas and is the idea of a gee gee man.

Wb1234

Referee
Union has been at it for decades and spent a hell of a lot more money and has a much bigger influence circle. How they going in USA?

Like he said he's a gambler and he's taking a punt that hosting an annual double header and spending a small bit of money on marketing will get people interested in the sport. I remember Grant being similar with his 'digital' future $100mill investment strategy. Which Vlandys largely closed down to appease tv partners lol.

Its a top down approach, will it work? Time will tell but the odds are very slim, which is kind of ironic given its in Vegas and is the idea of a gee gee man.
Cause it’s Union

the Wolfpack had no problems selling out Their stadium

Geez if he thinks it can get 1% of America to watch games, he's as delusional as some of you.
I don’t know what success will look like after five years but you‘ve got to set a target of some sought to measure it so 1% isn’t overly ambitious, is it? If it’s a flop, they’ll decide after if it’s worth another five years of investment, I guess.

Latest posts