What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
you can just edit the typos btw, I make 15 per post.

And I agree on Feagai being the fall guy for team defensive issues.. I dont feel he should be singled out, but if he was doing well at training, I dont think there is Tuipulotu signed, or Tamale or Lomax playing any wing.. it seems like Flanno is not happy with him.

p.s. Is there a short hand version of Tuipulotu? We already have a Tui (Tuitavake), now I have to google this wingers name every single time.. it's killing me.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors

And I agree on Feagai being the fall guy for team defensive issues.. I dont feel he should be singled out, but if he was doing well at training, I dont think there is Tuipulotu signed, or Tamale or Lomax playing any wing.. it seems like Flanno is not happy with him.

p.s. Is there a short hand version of Tuipulotu? We already have a Tui (Tuitavake), now I have to google this wingers name every single time.. it's killing me.
Rev, Could I respectfully propose Tuipu, Pu, Pulo, Pulotu, Lotu. Maybe if he turns out a successful gamble then he could be Loto?

Tui T, and Tui P

Dragon David

First Grade

I agree The Rev. Maybe use his initials - it won't take us long to get used to it. Same goes with several other names that don't fit into the Smith, Brown, Black, Jones, White sort of category :D It is a bugger looking up the spelling of a lot of names of guys playing in the league. Some of us bother to check how they are spelt and others couldn't care less provided it looks OK. Haha!

blacksafake

First Grade

What about a simple, T

I agree The Rev. Maybe use his initials - it won't take us long to get used to it. Same goes with several other names that don't fit into the Smith, Brown, Black, Jones, White sort of category :D It is a bugger looking up the spelling of a lot of names of guys playing in the league. Some of us bother to check how they are spelt and others couldn't care less provided it looks OK. Haha!
I struggle with names such as Sua and Too....where the fluck does that apostrophe go?

kit66

Bench

If he goes good, Tui. If he's a dud, Puloddah.

I don't think we'll see much of Matt Feagai this year unless there's a few injuries. He hasn't shown any improvement at all since his debut, in fact he looks to have gone backwards.

DfL

Juniors

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
The Dragons have made a secret bid for Jason Taumalolo as the Cowboys superstar comes to terms with his axing as North Queensland co-captain.
Sport Confidential can reveal St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has made inquiries with Taumalolo’s management in a bold bid to deliver the former Dally M winner to the Dragons’ den this season.
But the Taumalolo camp made it clear the Cowboys champion is happy in Townsville and has no intention of walking out on his $10 million contract.
Cowboys coach Todd Payten dropped a bombshell a fortnight when he removed Taumalolo and Chad Townsend as co-captains, handing the leadership reins to Tom Dearden and Reuben Cotter.
It is understood Taumalolo was shocked by the decision, especially given his status at the club after inking a record 10-year, $1 million deal with the Cowboys in 2017.
(L-R) Dragons coaching brains trust Dean Young (assistant coach) and Shane Flanagan (head coach). Credit: Supplied.

(L-R) Dragons coaching brains trust Dean Young (assistant coach) and Shane Flanagan (head coach). Credit: Supplied.
New Dragons coach Flanagan is desperate to add firepower to his pack and believed the 30-year-old Taumalolo would have been the perfect leader and midfield X-factor for the embattled club.
The Payten decision will only fuel suggestions the Cowboys coach and Taumalolo have a strained relationship, but the pair both insist there is no bad blood in the tropics.
Once the most feared running forward in the game, the Tongan Test star has battled injury in recent seasons, but remains a destructive force when fully fit.
Taumalolo was relegated to the bench for six games last season, raising fears he was on the outer in Townsville.
But the 252-game Cowboys legend remains contracted until the end of 2027 and North Queensland chiefs have every intention of honouring the deal, as does Taumalolo, who wants to finish his career at the club.
Jason Taumalolo would be a huge get for the Dragons - but he’s staying put at North Queensland. Picture: Getty Images

Jason Taumalolo would be a huge get for the Dragons - but he’s staying put at North Queensland. Picture: Getty Images
The Cowboys are under siege from southern rivals the Dragons, who are also targeting Taumalolo’s younger teammates, boom back-rowers Heilum Luki and Kulikefu Finefeuiaki.
The powerful Finefeuiaki is off-contract this season, while Queensland Origin hopeful Luki is contracted until the end of 2025, but has an option in his favour - making him a free agent this year.
Cowboys football boss Micheal Luck is aware of interest in Taumalolo, Luki and Finefeuiaki but remains confident of retaining the trio.
“We have a high opinion of our young back-rowers Heilum Luki and Kulikefu. Those two have commanded a bit of interest,” Luck said.

Mojo

Bench

TP and TT

TheRev

First Grade
I'm glad we are having a crack at JT, I don't really know why the Cowboys would be so eager to keep him on so many overs and such a long contract... when they have so many younger forwards on increasing coin, Cotter, Nanai, Luki, Finef + names like Leilua, Hess, McLean.. they have young guns too.. I swear we are playing in a different competition to the other clubs.

I get it for 2024, have a real crack at the title with that pack but I think behind closed doors they would love him gone for 2025.. they cant say that publicly though, and JT has to actually want to leave which is probably the big problem... how can Saints incentivise someone who already has 4 freakin years at big money locked in... like we can frontload a bit but even matching the 4yrs would be a huge gamble.... the only way it happens is if JT is threatened with reserve grade.. which is probably not that far off with that pack.. hes probably a bench prop.

1707358009048.png

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great tactic by Flanno and the Dragons. I feel they are keen on Luki and Finef but will settle for JT. Any of the 3 will be an improvement to the Dragons pack. Saints are chasing all 3 which surely the Cowboys will struggle to keep. The young guys Luki and Finef will see how much the Cows value JT and more or less put pressure on the cows to decide on which ones to keep.

In saying that once it gets sorted, Sharks can just snap their fingers, or Benji will probably be a hero that they look up to and just ask them to join his mob or Gus will have his secret coffee and one of them will be a Shark, Tiger or Dog after Flanno's hard work. If they do come to Saints it could also be due to Young being their ex-defence coach.

The Word

Juniors

His nickname at Manly is CT.

Also a Manly supporting friend of mine whose judgement I value told me he wasn't happy about losing CT, despite his errors, he felt he was a very good prospect. Just thought I'd share.