What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

You forget Flanno is a tight fisted hard arse. No way in hell he will pay that money. I bumped into Gallen last year when hunt wanted out to the coast presumably and asked him if Flanno would consider letting him go. He replied yeh he would if the coast gave Tino and Fifita in exchange. He said mate you don’t know Flanno. He’s a winner and won’t lose out in any player swap
Would you have rather James Maloney or Matt Moylan?
Flanno got rid of a proven champion, Maloney, in exchange for Moylan, and paid him cool a 900k in the process. Maloney was on 650k and a year left on his contract.

Flange did win out 13 years ago when Sheens was getting rid of Bryce Gibbs, he'd only take Gibbs if Fifita came along. That was an exceptional deal.

Clubs, and the available players, have changed drastically since those days.
No one really falls for those type of negotiations anymore.
The best clubs do their deals behind closed doors and don't let the media get a sniff.

shiloh dc

Juniors
KFC Fairy Meadow to contribute 25% of Luciano Leilua's salary at the Dragons.
Still reeling from losing 10% of annual turnover following Moses Suli's coach-enforced abstinence from their chicken offerings, KFC Fairy Meadow management have reportedly offered to subsidise the Dragons recruitment of Luciano Leilua in an effort to recoup lost earnings.
This would be the second association between KFC Fairy Meadow and the Dragons following their current Wicked Wings sponsorship of Mikaele Ravalawa and Mathew feagai. :chicken:;)

Last edited:

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Everyone expressing concern that Luciano will be getting paid too much money and his length if contract is too long may not have to worry - Hooper (yes I know) is reporting that the Raiders have now emerged as the frontrunners for his signature. Dragons miss another one or are people relieved that we won't be paying him too much for too long? (If it turns out that way).

Dragons4me

Juniors
The worst NRL "reporter" (term used loosely).....Hoops has set this whole story up so they can ultimately run with the story they want..... "Dragon's miss another star even after being in the box seat". TOE RAGS

I detest the fox "experts" with as much venom as they hate us.

Exactly this!!

The articles already written, just waiting to post. Ah...POX network. The original true definition of Artificial Intelligence.

Dragon David

First Grade
Everyone expressing concern that Luciano will be getting paid too much money and his length if contract is too long may not have to worry - Hooper (yes I know) is reporting that the Raiders have now emerged as the frontrunners for his signature. Dragons miss another one or are people relieved that we won't be paying him too much for too long? (If it turns out that way).
I'd like to see what the Raiders' offer for LL's services is. If it is for the $900K+ per year over 4 years then they can have him. I know that his brother played for them and maybe that is a reason for LL to go there because his brother would have had plenty to say about that club.

Hooper is a drama queen when it comes to saying things involving the Dragons. I would think that the Dragons would have been doing their due diligence on the whole matter just like they should be and if things get out of control all they need to do is pull the plug and get on with life which starts again this Saturday.

Parko1310

Juniors
Doubt the Raiders will be paying 900k for 4 years either. Ridiculous money and length of contract for Leilua. And if they do, then the Dragons win this round and I'll commend them for walking away from a genuinely ludicrous proposal from Leilua and Tartak. Having said that, we'll just have to wait and see what develops. Hoops is the least credible "journalist" in the game. He is, put kindly, shit at what he does.

Dragon David

First Grade
Doubt the Raiders will be paying 900k for 4 years either. Ridiculous money and length of contract for Leilua. And if they do, then the Dragons win this round and I'll commend them for walking away from a genuinely ludicrous proposal from Leilua and Tartak. Having said that, we'll just have to wait and see what develops. Hoops is the least credible "journalist" in the game. He is, put kindly, shit at what he does.

Parko1310

Juniors
Guys $900k is the old $700k

Things have jumped massively re contract vals
The cap increase was 25%, so 700k in old terms is 875k. Even in the old terms, 700k is too much for Luc these days. A string of off field incidents + his lack of dedication have lowered his value for mine.

Old cap terms he should be valued now at about 600k-650k. Let's go with 650k just to see what the most he should be earning is.

650k + 25% increase = Luc's value in new cap = 812,500k p/a. His asking price is too much, even if you keep him on 700k + 25% increase. He is asking for a pay rise for performing poorly and behaving poorly off the field. Add to that he wants a long term contract. Absolutely no way.

Trifili13

Juniors
KFC Fairy Meadow to contribute 25% of Luciano Leilua's salary at the Dragons.
Still reeling from losing 10% of annual turnover following Moses Suli's coach-enforced abstinence from their chicken offerings, KFC Fairy Meadow management have reportedly offered to subsidise the Dragons recruitment of Luciano Leilua in an effort to recoup lost earnings.
This would be the second association between KFC Fairy Meadow and the Dragons following their current Wicked Wings sponsorship of Mikaele Ravalawa and Mathew feagai. :chicken:;)
I assume fast food outlets around the Gong are also suffering lower revenue if Bird is on a fitness drive to lose weight.