What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

skeepe

Immortal
8hzt0v.jpg
Ah, you've been to that other Roosters forum too.

It's full of monkey pictures and complaints about indigenous Australians always playing the victim, if you're wondering where the average Roosters fan sits on this issue.

Last edited:
In his entire Panthers career he never once got in to trouble for saying anything racist.

One game under captain squid games and he is suddenly saying racist shit to opposition teams.

This is all on Roosters. When Mitchell was abused by a Roosters fan last year, Panthers arrogance saw Jarome Luai go in and offer support to Mitchell. Luai is a role model (until November anyway).
There’s another way to look at it too. The kid in the Roosters jersey most likely grew up in Penrith unless you think he travelled all the way from Bondi to a game his team isn’t playing in, therefore he’s been Penrithed and Spencer is a case of, you can take the boy out of Penrith… Joking aside, I’m shattered this happened on what’s been an amazingly successful season launch on foreign turf. I can’t fathom how a person of colour who may have experienced racism himself, would say such a thing. I’m uncomfortable with him already been found guilty and the indigenous fellas demanding the NRL act which could potentially prejudice or at least be seen to prejudice the process. If the process is fair and he’s found guilty, I’m happy for him to get the rest of the year off even though it would cost us. This shit should be rubbed out once and for all. We’re not the AFL. Bloody disappointing

skeepe

Immortal
There’s another way to look at it too. The kid in the Roosters jersey most likely grew up in Penrith unless you think he travelled all the way from Bondi to a game his team isn’t playing in, therefore he’s been Penrithed and Spencer is a case of, you can take the boy out of Penrith… Joking aside, I’m shattered this happened on what’s been an amazingly successful season launch on foreign turf. I can’t fathom how a person of colour who may have experienced racism himself, would say such a thing. I’m uncomfortable with him already been found guilty and the indigenous fellas demanding the NRL act which could potentially prejudice or at least be seen to prejudice the process. If the process is fair and he’s found guilty, I’m happy for him to get the rest of the year off even though it would cost us. This shit should be rubbed out once and for all. We’re not the AFL. Bloody disappointing

I think that's where I'm at on this too, looking in as a fan on another team.

I'm uncomfortable that the court of public opinion has already found him guilty when he is entitled to natural justice like anyone else.

But his actions, calling it 'fun and games', calling out Mam and telling him to find him at the hotel, and then confronting the Broncos for not leaving it on the field, his brother posting monkey emojis on social media... none of that helps. At all.

If he played for my team, and the judiciary hearing returned a guilty verdict, I would be happy for him to sit the rest of the season out. Not just for the slur, but the complete lack of contrition afterwards.

I also would have been pissed if my coach acted the way Robbo acted in the press conference. I can't believe he isn't facing any sanctions. It was unprofessional, and if Ricky had said it the media and everyone here would be - rightly - calling him out on it and demanding a fine or suspension.

But I don't think further discussion helps. And the NRL needs to take some responsibility and deal with this as quickly as possible. The longer it drags out, the worse it is for everyone involved.

MugaB

Coach
Hahaha so this racist rooster fan is a Penrith problem... hahaha...
Also there was a warriors fan calling racist remarks to or Brent Naden not so long ago, Peachy was also villified, and Chris Smith was too all indigenous all at playing for Penrith at the time, and
Just remember your captain loves that netflix series Squid Game, and called it out to some random women he saw in public.. what happened there???
Swept under the rug as usual as i assume this will too

soc123_au

Staff member
Also there was a warriors fan calling racist remarks to or Brent Naden not so long ago, Peachy was also villified, and Chris Smith was too all indigenous all at playing for Penrith at the time, and
Just remember your captain loves that netflix series Squid Game, and called it out to some random women he saw in public.. what happened there???
Was there anything racist in the Smith incident, I just recall a dog shot?

mxlegend99

Referee
I have no issue with Trent Robinson standing by his player before he has had his day in court. Its a delicate position for the coach to be in. He has to support his players so they know he has their back, while also not condoning racism as ok. Which i think he has done well enough.

If Spencer told him he didnt do it. While Ezra says he did. I think trusting his own player until he has been proven guilty is the right position to take. Not just for Spencer, but all his teammates need to know the coach has their back

Judge Trent based on what he says after the hearing IMO. Assuming Spencer is found guilty, Trents reaction to that will be what matters most.

Valheru

Coach
He was fined for that even though the NRL couldn't prove any wrong doing.

This current incident is going to the judiciary. Regardless of the outcome how do you conclude that it is being swept under the rug?

Crazy times, eh?

Chins get the wins

First Grade

"I can’t fathom how a person of colour who may have experienced racism himself, would say such a thing."

This is the bullshit that needs to change. I was a white kid who grew up in a Housing Commission complex. The most racist humans I've ever met were aboriginal families in there

MugaB

Coach
He was fined for that even though the NRL couldn't prove any wrong doing.

This current incident is going to the judiciary. Regardless of the outcome how do you conclude that it is being swept under the rug?
Yeah your right it wont be swept under the rug as swiftly as teddys indiscretion, but im sure leniu will have some :eek:ut" lined up

Valheru

Coach

Exactly

This could be a case of a misunderstanding or Spencer is just a racist piece of shit but let's just wait until he has his say at least.

Clowns like Lote Tuquiri coming out and saying that if it was claimed then it happened does not help one bit.

Valheru

Coach
Yeah your right it wont be swept under the rug as swiftly as teddys indiscretion, but im sure leniu will have some :eek:ut" lined up
How was Teddy's swept under the rug? The NRL conducted an investigation.

Are you suggesting Spencer shouldn't have the right to defend the allegation?

MugaB

Coach
How was Teddy's swept under the rug? The NRL conducted an investigation.

Are you suggesting Spencer shouldn't have the right to defend the allegation?
I'm just assuming he said it, or someone within that roosters clan did and he is getting the blame for it, either way, im going all in for the roosters did it, with the candlestick in the library scenario

soc123_au

Staff member
I have no issue with Trent Robinson standing by his player before he has had his day in court. Its a delicate position for the coach to be in. He has to support his players so they know he has their back, while also not condoning racism as ok. Which i think he has done well enough.

If Spencer told him he didnt do it. While Ezra says he did. I think trusting his own player until he has been proven guilty is the right position to take. Not just for Spencer, but all his teammates need to know the coach has their back

Judge Trent based on what he says after the hearing IMO. Assuming Spencer is found guilty, Trents reaction to that will be what matters most.
Robbo's problem is he sounds like a whiny bitch whenever he opens his mouth. He could have left out the bit about just because Ezra said it happened doesn't mean he is right. It was obvious at that point it would be investigated, there was no need to say anything at all other that we will wait until we see what comes of it.

MugaB

Coach
Robbo's problem is he sounds like a whiny bitch whenever he opens his mouth. He could have left out the bit about just because Ezra said it happened doesn't mean he is right. It was obvious at that point it would be investigated, there was no need to say anything at all other that we will wait until we see what comes of it.
You had me at Robbo sounds like a whiny little bitch...
Coz he is

You had me at Robbo sounds like a whiny little bitch...
Coz he is

I suppose that must make Ivan Cleary a "whiny bitch" based on your selective criteria -

MugaB

Coach
I suppose that must make Ivan Cleary a "whiny bitch" based on your selective criteria -

Don't know how, i don't recall a racist remark coming from any penrith players... maybe coz they are a bunch of racist bondi toffs... don't forget fellas your team is the pinnacle btw