What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

Valheru

Coach
I suppose that must make Ivan Cleary a "whiny bitch" based on your selective criteria -

Yeah the Penrith fans desperate to distance themselves from this are going to be a little embarrassed when Ivan and others turn up to the judiciary as character witnesses.

soc123_au

Staff member
I suppose that must make Ivan Cleary a "whiny bitch" based on your selective criteria -

Robbo would sound like a whiny bitch even if were interviewed after a GF win while copping a BJ. It's just the look and his voice. If he is actually whining it just makes it worse.

@SLRBRONCOS for the Robbo/Karen pic

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah the Penrith fans desperate to distance themselves from this are going to be a little embarrassed when Ivan and others turn up to the judiciary as character witnesses.
Not really. It will just be further evidence that poor Spencer has been led astray by the unsavory elements at Bondi. He was a pillar of virtue while he was in the golden west.

MugaB

Coach
Not really. It will just be further evidence that poor Spencer has been led astray by the unsavory elements at Bondi. He was a pillar of virtue while he was in the golden west.
Hanging out with teddy for 6 months has made him think he can slur and possibly get away with it...
You do know that if it comes down to he said/he said
and no one else heard it, then they will do nothing about it, you can't blame or fine leniu if theres no proof

Valheru

Coach
Hanging out with teddy for 6 months has made him think he can slur and possibly get away with it...
and no one else heard it, then they will do nothing about it, you can't blame or fine leniu if theres no proof
My prediction is they won't be able to prove it but they will still suspend him for a few weeks because not doing so will cause a media storm. They always have the "bringing the game in to disrepute" to fall back on.

soc123_au

Staff member
All shit posting aside for a sec, I dont seriously believe that Spencer is a racist, even he if he said what was alleged. I also don't think Ezra or the other Broncos misheard anything either. I just think Spencer is just a borderline lunatic, which can be fun as we got to see over the past few years. Bit of a double edged sword though, just unfortunate for the Chooks they got the wrong edge of the sword first time out.

He is a dumb f**k for saying it, even though I believe that it was more due to stupidity than any hatred of a particular race. The truly concerning part is what supposedly happened at the hotel later, that is the real head scratcher.

I love a good “not his go” story tbh

blaza88z

Coach
I can't come into this idea that they made it up, why Spencer? Why not another guy? Wouldn't they target the captain? I mean he's actually done it before, not in an NRL game but socially.

Then you've got the coach, what he said just lacked class. He should have "no commented" and moved on, it's going to look so bad if it comes out in the wash that he did racially abuse Ezra Mam. The correct way to respond is not respond, given what the accusation is. I get that it's his role to support his players but seriously, there's a bigger thing going on here.

Also, Brandy was on SEN this morning saying they've got the audio.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My issue with that was that Cricket Australia still had options, but were weak as piss. The ICB flexed their muscles and we ran away like little bitches. We had a once in a generation team and had some power, could have forfeited games if it came to it.
CA were gutless.

Ponting, Hayden, Gilly all said in there auto biographies all the education and sit downs about reporting racial vilification they got from CA was all a complete waste of time.

When it got to the crunch and something happened they were weak-kneed and terrified of India going home.

Fangs

Coach
Roosters fans sprawling on the pin.

Must be something they are putting in the lattes out in the Eastern suburbs.