What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

jack coburn

Juniors
Look if he did it then give him 12 weeks. Sets a good precedent for everyone.
But please don't tell the yank's that someone got abused and was in the sheds crying after the game.
Tell the bloke to get effed and enjoy the next 12wks on the sideline the racist POS.

Vlad59

Bench
Look if he did it then give him 12 weeks. Sets a good precedent for everyone.
But please don't tell the yank's that someone got abused and was in the sheds crying after the game.
Tell the bloke to get effed and enjoy the next 12wks on the sideline the racist POS.
You’d have to hope it’d be at least ten weeks if proven (which seems likely)

Vlad59

Bench
Ironically they're the same ones who give AFL shit for having bigger racism problems.

Take a look in the mirror, f**king idiots.
The level of ‘racism’ here is kids stuff compared to the wholesale abuse and defamatory comments happening on twitter, instagram and reddit mate. Doesn’t make it okay but it’s reasonably sober here in comparison. Not just on this issue but anything pretty much

Iamback

Coach
These blokes should pull their heads in, focus on football and let the process deal with this issue. Ain’t gonna happen though.

There lies the issue.

At this stage there are no mics that picked it up.

IF Leinu has an alternate thing he said then it becomes a he/he said issue.

Then you run the risk of becoming a kangaroo court in assuming guilt based on such comments

Vlad59

Bench
There lies the issue.

Then you run the risk of becoming a kangaroo court in assuming guilt based on such comments
Except there are witnesses who complained immediately. Walter’s raised it on the spot. I’d suggest the weight of evidence at this stage supports the claim. I also think the NRL won’t cop nonsense from the players if they start making up stories on this one.

Iamback

Coach
Except there are witnesses who complained immediately. Walter’s raised it on the spot. I’d suggest the weight of evidence at this stage supports the claim. I also think the NRL won’t cop nonsense from the players if they start making up stories on this one.

It very likely does support it but we have only heard the one side of it, There have been a few off field cases where the story reported was horrible.

Only for when it played out in court and both sides presented their case reality was different.

So I often wait and see all the evidence 1st

soc123_au

Staff member
There lies the issue.

Someone mentioned earlier that Brandy said on radio this morning that the NRL had the audio. Not sure if it was confirmed what was actually on the audio though.

Iamback

Coach
Someone mentioned earlier that Brandy said on radio this morning that the NRL had the audio. Not sure if it was confirmed what was actually on the audio though.

The audio I have heard only picks up when the complaint is made, From memory they we will behind the play.

Hopefully a touchie picked it up while measuring the 10m or it will be long and messy

Vlad59

Bench
It very likely does support it but we have only heard the one side of it, There have been a few off field cases where the story reported was horrible.

Only for when it played out in court and both sides presented their case reality was different.

So I often wait and see all the evidence 1st
Again the weight of evidence. At the time a number of players came forward and made the complaint that it was said. None came forward then or since and said it wasn’t. The complaint by the players was contemporaneous. The defence that it wasn’t said will be slated days after. A good tribunal will notice that and it will sway them. Here is another thing. It’s much easier to tell the truth than lie in an administrative process like this. If people choose to lie or obfuscate it will be duely noted. This is a place of work and employees need to tread carefully in situations like these. If he’s found to have done this and other players make shit up to support him that can be actionable in itself.