What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hastings

I look forward to reading it TSP.
I've always loved the Josh Currans and Jackson Ford type players and it's one of the reasons why the Warriors are doing so well imo.
We do however have a similar pack that's still building.
You must admit we don't have trouble getting around the paddock but turning it into points when in the red zone has always been an issue.
We've certainly added a few ⅝'s to our team.
Did you know DaSiva was a ½ in pathways? He still looks like he can handle that spot if need be so I think he is a shoe in benchie as he could cover all the ball playing roles.
I expect the last two games to have him, Feledy and James given a lot of minutes plus others.
Hang on does that make sense....If it does then it won't happen the way the tigers operate.
Thanks, I’m going to have to work out a few criteria.

For example, I think games played per season represents some kind of value. I’ll have to make an allowance for injury but punish a suspension.

I’m not sure if scoring actually matters as goal kicking would skew that badly.

I might have a marquee tax, where if you are a big signing but failed to deliver, there’s an adjustment against you.

Feel free to throw some measures up. What makes a good player?

I thought I’d deduct a few points if Timbo, Lee or Justin spoke highly of you publicly but I’m not that cruel. That wouldn’t be your fault.

Brooksy getting high fatherly praise from Tim but a solid punch in the head from Lee from abandoning us probably evens out.

$700k is the Manly rumour. Seibs on the koolaid.

Good points mate and I have to apologize for short post as I was in doctors waiting room without my reading glasses ha ha.
Laurie is a proud indigenous fella as you know and young bloods like him love mates and he has a few at Penrith.
I'm sure if we offered set $s and Penrith offered the same he would be back there playing second fiddle opposed to second fiddle with us.
However he has a manager, which used to be Matt Desira, and if he's worth his weight he would advise him accordingly. Which might be to go back to a well structured club and increase his worth.
What actually transpired is guesswork from me.

I’m not sure.

He was excess to Penriths requirements and from my recollection, not enough tears from them when we snapped him up,

I don’t think he’s a “solution” player, but handy as a utility-in my view, he’s received a much bigger profile and played the better footy in our jersey.

Maybe he’s got the sense of confidence or entitlement that he can break through the black wall and find a home in Smuggy first grade. That’s backing yourself!

Remembering that he signed a little while ago, before his recent rush of form.

There’s a lot worse players, but many better in the key roles we need. Just my view.

Good to see dwz going well. I’ve met him, lovely fellow. Very humble.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Thanks, I’m going to have to work out a few criteria.

For example, I think games played per season represents some kind of value. I’ll have to make an allowance for injury but punish a suspension.

I’m not sure if scoring actually matters as goal kicking would skew that badly.

I might have a marquee tax, where if you are a big signing but failed to deliver, there’s an adjustment against you.

Feel free to throw some measures up. What makes a good player?

I thought I’d deduct a few points if Timbo, Lee or Justin spoke highly of you publicly but I’m not that cruel. That wouldn’t be your fault.

Brooksy getting high fatherly praise from Tim but a solid punch in the head from Lee from abandoning us probably evens out.

$700k is the Manly rumour. Seibs on the koolaid.
Pascoe the deserter.

Only to be seen when it makes him look good otherwise he's in the interior.
Understandable.

He was up to his neck in the Fulton appointment. They have the board meeting just before the Penrith game.

He doesn’t tell Tim or Benji, he lets Tim publically deny the rumour “ paper talk” and then Fulton he’s recruited. Imposed on Tim and Benji whether they want it or not.

We know from this event that Justin takes his orders from the board and he’s not answerable to anyone else. That’s understa

The unanswered question is what advice and push did he give the board at first instance to make the decision?

I doubt the board members came up with it on their own.

I think he’s a quiet rebel. I don’t think he finds 3 games acceptable. It makes him look very bad.

It’s not his job to make the team competitive.

He’s to manage and spin, the lack of spin recently has been good. Less talking, more action.

Lee got caught spinning a few times in the interview, but I think it was nasty habit.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I've lived a life based on how my parents have raised me and I'm not exaggerating.
That is....Treat people how you want to be treated.
I can understand that in business you do have strategies but seriously, the way we supporters have been treated in the past is abhorrent.
We've been lied to, kept in the dark, treated like we are dumb arses who's voices have been ignored since 05.
For a long time, WT supporters have felt alienated from their club.
However if you go and check out other clubs forums, what I've just said is what other supporters are saying about their clubs.
In an age where the NRL is contemplating further expansion, it's about time they listen to us, the ones who have just about seen it all.
Do we really want to experience another rally of angry South Sydney supporters who were threatened with extinction or a crumbling Leichhardt Oval, or another failed expansion to Adelaide or Perth without listening to fans.
I emailed WT last year and said that before memberships are due (season ticket holders) the club should send everyone a survey so they can make marketing decisions based on what the supporters want. They said it was a good idea and that was that.
From looking in from the outside it looks like Pascoe, Lee and co have good intentions but I wonder how many ridiculous and embarrassing decisions and stuff ups our club will make in 2024 based on ignorance, ill-informed information, arrogant and incompetent actions

I've lived a life based on how my parents have raised me and I'm not exaggerating.
That is....Treat people how you want to be treated.
I can understand that in business you do have strategies but seriously, the way we supporters have been treated in the past is abhorrent.
We've been lied to, kept in the dark, treated like we are dumb arses who's voices have been ignored since 05.
For a long time, WT supporters have felt alienated from their club.
However if you go and check out other clubs forums, what I've just said is what other supporters are saying about their clubs.
In an age where the NRL is contemplating further expansion, it's about time they listen to us, the ones who have just about seen it all.
Do we really want to experience another rally of angry South Sydney supporters who were threatened with extinction or a crumbling Leichhardt Oval, or another failed expansion to Adelaide or Perth without listening to fans.
I emailed WT last year and said that before memberships are due (season ticket holders) the club should send everyone a survey so they can make marketing decisions based on what the supporters want. They said it was a good idea and that was that.
From looking in from the outside it looks like Pascoe, Lee and co have good intentions but I wonder how many ridiculous and embarrassing decisions and stuff ups our club will make in 2024 based on ignorance, ill-informed information, arrogant and incompetent actions

You are very wise and I would have adopted your suggestion to reach out and connect with the fan base.

Even if the club wasn’t going to embrace any of the suggestions, people would have felt better for the attempted meaningful communication.

I don’t think the club or the game are very good at consolidating and growing fan bases. I spoke about it to our sgi buddies and they feel the same.

The nrl and clubs operate on assumptions that the game or the club is good, but don’t really explain why.

Our club asks for an emotional and financial investment without delivering. Again and again. They underestimate us.

The interesting thing about Benji is that he isn’t very bright and we are going to see a bit of accidental honesty and learn more about how he thinks of the game other than the carefully orchestrated Tim blah nonsense. That could be a nice change in the pr.

Per head of population, the game is far less popular than it used to be.

I gave up club communications when Tim appointed himself. At that point, I did not want to contribute directly to the joint.

Ask @macnaz about the time they sold his members seating to make a few extra bucks. It’s cost them thousands. That illustrates your point.

These things you discuss, they are as important as the roster, maybe more so.

I said it before today, I still think we are the most interesting club around and for the most part, very switched-on fans. I guess we’d rather be dumb winners…!

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
We lost Hastings about this time last year to a hipdrop...doesn't look like it'll slow the Knights down too much but you gotta feel sorry for Hastings sitting out another season's end due to someone else.
On today's game....if we'd have had even one game as bad defensively as the dogs were today then i'd completely give up on the future of the club...they are genuine spooner hopeless...Ciraldo will have untill Easter 24...if he's really lucky

Looks like it might not be too bad. He's been named to play this weekend.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bump

knights down 16-6 for 40mins with Hastings at 7

he goes off and they score 4 tries in the second half

gordsy

Juniors
Hastings seems to be Brooks but on less money and cares about the team like Reynolds did. Neither will get us to the 8 on their own though.

Fordy20

Juniors
Hastings seems to be Brooks but on less money and cares about the team like Reynolds did. Neither will get us to the 8 on their own though.
True. Together, Hastings and Brooks might not have got us into the eight, but we sure as hell wouldn't have got the spoon and anyone who thinks different is absolutely kidding themselves.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
There was a report on the news this morning that Hastings has refused to train with the Knights reserve grade team after being dropped this week. Obviously none of us are privy to what goes on behind closed doors at the clubs, but something like this would make sense as to why clubs move away from him pretty quickly.

Tiger Ted

Bench
There was a report on the news this morning that Hastings has refused to train with the Knights reserve grade team after being dropped this week. Obviously none of us are privy to what goes on behind closed doors at the clubs, but something like this would make sense as to why clubs move away from him pretty quickly.
Bateman wouldn’t b surprised & obrien was obviously testing his commitment when he gave him that option as anyone who gives a fk would’ve chosen to go train with reserve grade.

Apparently that is not true. NRL360 reported it last night. I think it was Dean Ritchie.

NRL360 reported tonight that the reserve grade team was not training at all, aside from a recovery session which is basically a bodysurf down the beach, or a walk around the shallow end of the pool. He was given the option to join that or rock up to training today. Apparently he was the first man there this morning.

Do NRL360 now sack Ritchie? He either knew of the recovery session and didn't provide full and complete information in an effort to blow the story out of proportion and sensational it, or he failed to fact check the information he was given.

Either way it's pretty poor form. They certainly didn't apologise to Hastings.

gordsy

Juniors
I think Hastings is a odd cat and the dummy spit is poor form but who leaked it to press so quick ?