What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

wests1

Juniors
37,594 at Allianz Stadium for 🐇 v 🐔
Woah, if that’s right it’s outstanding!
BIG test tomorrow. If all grounds look full, massive win.
If we average over 13,000 over the three games, we can safely say that we’re back at winfield cup levels. Big if.
The general vibe around talk of the games here in Wagga is at that early 90s sorta feeling, but I can’t talk for where it matters. (If Sydney is humming, the game is humming)

jim_57

Staff member
Wow, fantastic crowd considering there wasn't much build up and souths form.

Looks like the new sfs really does draw a crowd because the honeymoon period is over you would think.

Roosters V Panthers next Thursday will be an interesting one too. Easter eve so that helps, plus Roosters form is good but Panthers won’t bring too many that far across town you’d think. 25k+?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Roosters V Panthers next Thursday will be an interesting one too. Easter eve so that helps, plus Roosters form is good but Panthers won’t bring too many that far across town you’d think. 25k+?

Early last season Roosters drew 20,000 against Parramatta on a Thursday night at Allianz, probably due to playing in a shiny new stadium, this Thursday will be interesting , a night before a public holiday could add to the crowd but don't think to many Panthers fan will travel for this one, hope i'm wrong though because a 25,000 plus crowd would be great but thinking it will be more like 18,000.

jim_57

Staff member
Early last season Roosters drew 20,000 against Parramatta on a Thursday night at Allianz, probably due to playing in a shiny new stadium, this Thursday will be interesting , a night before a public holiday could add to the crowd but don't think to many Panthers fan will travel for this one, hope i'm wrong though because a 25,000 plus crowd would be great but thinking it will be more like 18,000.

25k would be great but yeh maybe aiming too high. I remember being surprised by a few Roosters crowds last year, they ended up being the highest averaging Sydney team from memory.

Edit: Just checked, Roosters V Panthers got 23.6k last year on a Saturday night, Roosters were 12th on the ladder at that point. Maybe not impossible to get 25k.

jim_57

Staff member
25k would be great but yeh maybe aiming too high. I remember being surprised by a few Roosters crowds last year, they ended up being the highest averaging Sydney team from memory.

Edit: Just checked, Roosters V Panthers got 23.6k last year on a Saturday night, Roosters were 12th on the ladder at that point. Maybe not impossible to get 25k.

On the subject of round 4, looking at fixtures anyone else think it may be an outside chance of breaking the round record?

Roosters V Panthers @ Allianz
Rabbitohs V Bulldogs @ Accor
Broncos V Cowboys @ Suncorp
Dragons V Sea Eagles @ WIN
Titans V Dolphins @ Cbus
Warriors V Knights @ Go Media
Sharks V Raiders @ Pointsbet
Eels V Tigers @ Commbank

horrie hastings

First Grade

Yes that was a decent crowd but on a Saturday night, this game is on a Thursday night but what might help it even though it is on a Thursday night is it is a night before a public holiday so yes 25 k probably possible to get, hope so

jim_57

Staff member
Yes that was a decent crowd but on a Saturday night, this game is on a Thursday night but what might help it even though it is on a Thursday night is it is a night before a public holiday so yes 25 k probably possible to get, hope so

Yeh start of the long weekend so crowd should be better than a standard Thursday night. Hopefully Easter is a huge round, not sure if it will break the record but it should go top 5 I reckon with a bit of luck.

shewi6

Juniors
If it breaks 20k than thats a win in my books.
On the subject of round 4, looking at fixtures anyone else think it may be an outside chance of breaking the round record?
Could have got over 200k I think but now I'm really not sure if the good friday game will get as big of a crowd it usually does. I might be wrong, it really needs to break 30k to have a chance at the record.

Valheru

Coach

Roosters V Panthers @ Allianz
Rabbitohs V Bulldogs @ Accor
Broncos V Cowboys @ Suncorp
Dragons V Sea Eagles @ WIN
Titans V Dolphins @ Cbus
Warriors V Knights @ Go Media
Sharks V Raiders @ Pointsbet
Eels V Tigers @ Commbank
The good Friday crowd could be in trouble with souths and dogs form.

yakstorm

First Grade
Here's hoping that the event status of the fixture helps deliver a crowd for Good Friday.

Surprisingly, since the concept started in 2014, at least one of the two teams has been in the 8 when played.

Thr COVID impacted season of 2021 is the only time the fixture has drawn less than 30K (23,240), otherwise lowest crowd is 2019 with 30,040.

Largest was 2013 with 51,686 and the average is 36,001. If Bulldogs can beat the Titans today, it will definitely help next week.

Went to the game last night. Souths were absolutely tragic. Their form last night isn't going to do anything for ticket sales for Good Friday. A good crowd on Good Friday is now contingent on the Dogs getting a win today and the weather staying clear.

I significantly under-estimated the crowd based on ticket sales. They moved a lot of product yesterday and must have had strong walkups from the city as the weather cleared.

Allianz really is a fantastic stadium.

1711149304788.jpeg

I think the crowd figure for Roosters/Panthers last year is a good benchmark for this year. The Roosters form and ladder position is much better than in 2023, and the Thursday night before a 4-day weekend should help boost the crowd. Weather also looks reasonable.

Potential downsides are a lot of people typically go away for the Easter long weekend, and that the shiny new stadium effect may be less likely to drawn in Panthers fans.

Will be interesting to see. I think it will be one of the top 10 Sydney crowds for the regular season in 2024.

I`ve got a feeling that we might all be pleasantly surprised by the crowd next Thursday night. This is a big game: Penrith, reigning premiers and on fire, humbling all before them. Roosters hitting a rich vein of form and with a golden opportunity and great chance to make a statement and knock them off.
With a brilliant new stadium that is almost worth just going for I expect we`ll see a massive turn-out of Roosters` fans, healthy Penrith numbers and a large contingent of neutrals there to experience a great stadium, great atmosphere and what could be one of the games of the year. And don`t have to get up to go to work the next day !
35K + for me.