What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 INJURES & SUSPENSIONS

DJDL

Bench
On the positive front it means Tuku should get an extended stretch, and Tommy maybe an extended run as a starter.

It'll be interesting to see how far both of them go towards cementing a regular spot once Toby and Royce are back.

This might just be the beginning of the next phase of the pack.

shadowboxer

First Grade
BHU feels like a massive drain in the cap considering he just re-signed. Never plays.
I’m in the same page - never been that impressed by him, and generally told I am being too harsh. He hasn’t missed many games when you look over an entire season, but is missing when the team really need him.
Frustrating

Stake Removed

First Grade
I’m in the same page - never been that impressed by him, and generally told I am being too harsh. He hasn’t missed many games when you look over an entire season, but is missing when the team really need him.
Frustrating
Let's have a look they are 24 game seasons plus the finals

2019 - 25g - 21p
2020 - 25g - 21p
2021 - 24g - 19p
2022 - 26g - 17p
2023 - 25g - 19p
2024 - 4g - 0p

1st 3 seasons 74g - 61p = 82%
Next 2 plus seasons 55g - 36p = 65%

There is a substantial drop off should be play every game after the bye and we fail to make playoffs his percentage goes to 75%

2019 - 25g - 21p
2020 - 25g - 21p
2021 - 24g - 19p
2022 - 26g - 17p
2023 - 25g - 19p
2024 - 4g - 0p

There is a substantial drop off should be play every game after the bye and we fail to make playoffs his percentage goes to 75%
Needs a spreadsheet. ;)

2019 - 25g - 21p
2020 - 25g - 21p
2021 - 24g - 19p
2022 - 26g - 17p
2023 - 25g - 19p
2024 - 4g - 0p

The thing with BHU when he’s fit he‘s definitely a difference maker out there with the high energy he plays at.

If we have depth at prop we can carry a guy who missed 9 games in 2022 , 6 games in 2023 and 4 games so far this season. But we haven’t had the ideal depth in past seasons and by the time we get to the back end of the year or finals our pack has been busted,spent,crocked or whatever you want to call it.

Now with the young talent starting to emerge in our pack and the addition of AFB next year we should be able to cope better with injuries, rest, workload on the field etc.

Next year if everything goes to plan with retention and development we’ll have one of the best packs in the comp.

R-15-3

Bench
Metcalf fractured tibia, surgery 3-5 months so looks like the season done for him again.
Poor bloke but his history is why he took the warriors deal so quickly over us for security and had just resigned another deal lucky

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Metcalf fractured tibia, surgery 3-5 months so looks like the season done for him again.
Poor bloke but his history is why he took the warriors deal so quickly over us for security and had just resigned another deal lucky
Unfortunate news for Metcalf - he was looking good in his games this year and definitely took a lot of pressure off Shaun Johnson.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I knew that snap I heard was familiar.

Stake Removed

First Grade
surprised they re signed him actually
There is a benefit I can see, we don't overpay for players anymore, we need to resign Williams.
It maybe that end of season other clubs needs forwards we might have a surplus so someone like Hunt or Uele can be moved on as long as we get something in return