What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morgan Harper appreciation thread

eel01s

Bench
Thing is the lack of pace. He tries hard, but his worst play last night was when he rushed up out of the line and they ended up scoring. You can see he does put in effort though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just because he has a dig doesn't mean he is very good.

Having a crack should be minimum standard to be a NRL player.

I won't harp on it but seriously the situation we currently have got ourselves in the outside backs department is abysmal.

Picking Sivo or Harper is the current situation we find ourselves in.

Lomax will address a few issues at least.

But I personally reckon Jake Averillo was gettable last year with the added value of being a ulitity. We have 500k wasted doing nothing atm. So we had the space this year to sign him up last season.

He could have played in the halves, FB and centres he basically covers the whole backline.

Soto

Bench

I won't harp on it but seriously the situation we currently have got ourselves in the outside backs department is abysmal.

But I personally reckon Jake Averillo was gettable last year with the added value of being a ulitity. We have 500k wasted doing nothing atm. So we had the space this year to sign him up last season.

He could have played in the halves, FB and centres he basically covers the whole backline.
Completely agree but at least Harper is trying..
He's not the answer but Lomax will help this situation immensely
As mentioned I'd also be targeting Turuva and Savage/Schiller

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Trying is all it takes to get a go at Parra, look at the Murph he’s been trying really hard for 11 years.

emjaycee

Coach
Against the Cowboys, Harper made 1 defensive error that gave them a try and 1 dropped ball that most likely bombed a try. Both of which happens to lots of players. Did I miss anything else major that he did so bad?

He definitely isn't a winger which BA seems to have realised based on shifting Penisini to cover for Superman's time off the field, but as a centre he hasn't really done too much wrong and he has scored 2 nice tries chasing kicks, both took some effort to get to and ground before the deadball line.

eel01s

Bench
I don't think he would have scored if he caught the pass late in the game, there were plenty of Cowboys there to defend.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Against the Cowboys, Harper made 1 defensive error that gave them a try and 1 dropped ball that most likely bombed a try. Both of which happens to lots of players. Did I miss anything else major that he did so bad?

He definitely isn't a winger which BA seems to have realised based on shifting Penisini to cover for Superman's time off the field, but as a centre he hasn't really done too much wrong and he has scored 2 nice tries chasing kicks, both took some effort to get to and ground before the deadball line.
I reckon hes a poor mans Opacic but i also reckon hes the best option with Simmonson on the wing. I feel he may even improve if given a settled position in the 1s. Needs, dare I say, stability. Weve had worse.

Last edited:

bazza

Immortal

have to agree that recruitment was poor for this year when it was obvious we needed some outside backs - at least solid players that could do a job. We ended up with Harper and a bunch of backrowers

Noise

Coach

He made 15 tackles and missed 6. That’s horrendous. 2 errors.

Russell also shit this year.

IMG_0307.jpeg

Delboy

First Grade
If you need to acknowledge how poor recruitment has been, we signed 2 reserve grade players from Manly and they immediately made our top 17. Overall it seems strange given the clubs profile, financial stability, ground, crowds and facilities that the club can’t attract better recruits.

Just my opinion, and we definitely need to be a whole lot better.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am pretty sure Harper knocked on the ball 1st tackle after the Feldt no try when we got the penalty tap which gave the cows another set and Nanai scored after that in the 5th.

Like seriously why is harper even taking the 1st hitup from a penalty tap for. How is that a smart game plan.

JokerEel

Coach
If you need to acknowledge how poor recruitment has been, we signed 2 reserve grade players from Manly and they immediately made our top 17. Overall it seems strange given the clubs profile, financial stability, ground, crowds and facilities that the club can’t attract better recruits.

Just my opinion, and we definitely need to be a whole lot better.

Mate we won all those issues are irrelevant now!

Apparently everyone has just started in their roles at the club and we are looking forward to the future.

hindy111

Post Whore
Matterson I think is our most talented forward and has the potential to be no 1. The reality is he has mostly sat at about 5th or 6th in the rankings by season end.Maybe 4th was his best finish.
Overall he has been extremely dissapointing over the duration of the time he has been here.