What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I was quietly confident we were well overs with the bookies heading in to this one but I didn't see that coming. IMO we were the far better team from whistle to whistle.

We hug in there brilliantly in defence the first 20 minutes only conceding the one try and then iced our chance when we got it. We dominated the rest of the 2nd half to take an 18-6 lead. There was a small lapse in concentration to let them score back to back but I think there were two key points there. First the Reynolds injury seemed to confuse everyone and second, that forward pass when Reynolds got injured went a metre back and we would have scored. Still, need to defend refereeing errors so that's something to work on.

It was great to see them maintain poise and composite when Brisbane went down to 12 on the field to score two tries. After that we kept going and the scoreboard reflected our effort in the end.

A lot will be made of their injuries during the game and that's just fine by me to have the attention off us but we did this without Tupou, radley, Leniu, S Smith and JWH and lost cheese after 25 minutes.

3 Angus
2 Teddy
1 Watson

I'm feeling very bullish about this season now. The dogs loss still annoys me but this kind of makes up for it as it was unexpected. We need to back it up by beating the warriors next week and if we do we are on the inside track to the top 4 with a user friendly draw the rest of the way.

3 points: James Tedesco. 17 runs for 247 metres, 108 post contact. 2 line break assists, 2 line breaks, 2 try assists and a multitude of tackle breaks. Great stuff for the whole 80 minutes.

2 points: Lindsay Collins. 14 runs for 147 metres, 42 post contact. 21 tackles. Helped set the platform, especially with no JWH.

1 point: Angus Crichton. 16 runs for 144 metres, 60 post contact. 1 line break assist, 2 line breaks, 1 try assist, 2 tries. Along with Lindsay, he helped our pack get on top of theirs.

Mind you, were plenty of players in the team who could have earned points (e.g. Watson, May).

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
What a performance. Easily our best for the year and like you Val, I'm happy for the 'poor Brisbane' narrative to prevail.

Notably though, Carrigan and Walters were not fooled in the post match press conference with both paying tribute to our guys so they both know we're a serious team and will come at us hard if we meet again.

3 - Gus
2 - Ted
1 - Watson

Very honorable mention also to May who was back to his best. Whole team was outstanding.

Hope the weather plays ball for JWH's 300th. Shame if rain ruins it, but that's how it's looking sadly.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Gussy
2. Ted
1. Watson

It looks we will be at full strength for the first time in I dont know how many years for the game against the Warriors with the possible exception of Billy Smith. Good times ahead.

Latest posts