What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Victoire

Juniors
Flanno did say he was looking at a hooker who can play in the halves. Brown fits that bill as a true 14.
It's not top shelf but a reasonable signing.
He actually played for NZ last year in their big win over Australia. Not earth shattering but a pretty good justincase pickup for that 14 spot. Flanno is obviously not big on Muhleisen and only uses Marschke if he absolutely has to. Be good to see someone nu

FlickFlano

Juniors
is an ideal bench utility ... can (and has) played in the halves/lock/hooker at NRL. Scored against us in the mess of a game that was Newcastle last year at Kogarah.

On top of that, another in the mould of Eisenhuth/Mariner who is a decent human and excellent clubman.

Flano is bringing his kinds of players into the squad and letting go the planks whose idea of a fun time is paying out on the club on national TV.

One year deal so takes Marschke's spot most likely and allows us to be active still in the market for a hooker if a better one emerges in the market.

BLM01

First Grade
Smart signing.

Agree I am actually buoyant for a change with this journeyman
I liked him when at the Dogs and Tigers and thought he was quick out of dummy half and strong and what we need
Maybe his defense or passing is sus
I understand why he left Newcastle as no spot there
Keen for a back up

TruSaint

Referee
Agree I am actually buoyant for a change with this journeyman
I liked him when at the Dogs and Tigers and thought he was quick out of dummy half and strong and what we need
Maybe his defense or passing is sus
I understand why he left Newcastle as no spot there
Keen for a back up

Versatile, can play any spine position if needed.
Just a clip of his career including some nice work in the ESL.

Dragon David

First Grade
Smart signing.

Now, this is how it's done. Wasn't floating around the media circus as far as I could see and then bang, we sign Brown just like that and officially announced. If we are hoping to sign Turuva, let's hope that it doesn't drag on otherwise if it does, we won't get him.

TruSaint

Referee
Looks pretty handy.

To be honest, only remember him playing for the Tigpies. Got some speed, doesn't mind putting his body on the line against the big boys.

Another buy that will improve us this year.

Really happy mate, because he can fill in for Hunt, Liddle, young Flanno etc. He's not young, but 29 with a wealth of experience here, in england and for his country is encouraging.

He will surely put in when he can, to possibly extend his stay. Wish him the best and welcome.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
They key is if Hunt, Liddle Kyle go down injured for a period of time and or SOO having a player who has played 100nrl esl games step up to hooker or halves will be critical for us to keep momentum.

More inexperienced and or younger players would be targeted by the opposition.

Browns signing ensures minimal weaknesses if injuries or rep duties strike

he is not the messiah, he is a depth answer

If he goes well enough he will be good depth for 2025 also - if the market is tough to get what we want for 2025

Latest posts