What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Fisher Harris

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How the fk did they pull that off??
It’s simple - this is what happens when you’re a club players WANT TO PLAY FOR.
The Warriors now have first dibs on elite Kiwi players and good shot at elite Aussies. Provided management don’t make another Bluey level f**k-up, we have every right to expect the Warriors to become a heavyweight club for the immediate future.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think JFH is a great acquisition no doubt about that.

Would be interested to know what the money is, four year deal for a front rower who will be 29 years old when he first pulls on your guernsey could be an issue.

He is the ultimate professional so you can be assured he will give 100% each and every time he steps onto the field.
I’d be more concerned if he was a half or outside back but 29 is the middle of the prime years for a front rower. At 29-33 we should get 4 years of peak JFH.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If there was a biggest turn around ever award George would get it. The beginning of his reign when he was getting fluffed was frankly awful, I would have strung him up like an Italian dictator late in WW2, but credit to him (if it was him) for turning it around.

Actually TBH, I think he got lucky with Webster.
Could just be a case of learning on the job. They’re certainly getting it all right these days in the front office.

JJ

Immortal
Gotta admit, the well wishes from the Penrith supporters is pretty cool. Some good vibes between our clubs
Yep, they’re a great club imo, and obviously JFH is incredibly well respected there…. Amazing this happened tbh, on balance actually an upgrade for us imo, only Haas would be regarded as better imo

Iamback

Coach
Yep, they’re a great club imo, and obviously JFH is incredibly well respected there…. Amazing this happened tbh, on balance actually an upgrade for us imo, only Haas would be regarded as better im

I think when all dust settles it turns into a win/win for all involved

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Gotta be happy with the situation. AFB wanted to leave this year for family reasons and the club negotiated for him to stay this year then we get JFH as his replacement for the same reasons.
And cheers to the Panthers fans here for being great sports.

While this is a great signing....
We don't get JFH without a compassionate release request.
We are his only option in NZ....
But does he request the release if we are a rabble of a club?
Lots of positives, but let's also be a little realistic as he wasn't on the open market.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
While this is a great signing....
We don't get JFH without a compassionate release request.
We are his only option in NZ....
But does he request the release if we are a rabble of a club?
Lots of positives, but let's also be a little realistic as he wasn't on the open market.
Dude, glass half empty much? We got him, presumably didn’t pay overs, and got him EXACTLY when we needed him. I’m really not concerned with the exact specifics outside of that. Let’s just be happy that on paper, our pack isn’t going to miss a beat going into next year. Now let’s just hope that SJ stays injury free and wants to go around for another season and our premiership window is definitely staying open.

Iamback

Coach
Have Penrith got a win here ? Something cooking?

Depends what we do with the cash.

On the Penrith forum we discussed come 2027 that the club would have to make some tough decisions re the aging middles.

If we re-invest this money into someone 24-25 and put them with Leota who will be 32 when his deal ends. Then that is a win for the club

You guys get a current upgrade on AFB, Fish goes home to be with his family.

Reactions: JJ

Big Marn

Juniors
You pay what ever you need to to get a topline prop.
We have already exceeded value on Barnett and to a lesser extent Niukore (injuries and suspensions dent value a bit).
They could have easily been Adam Blairs for us so its been a huge win.
Now if we could just grow a bit more talent in the back yard...

Latest posts