What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day For The Paul Green Medal

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'll say Nicho. He's been a conductor. Also too many good ones to stray from a regular. Smokey is Will Kennedy

Weaponhead

Coach
Great win. That's the standard.

The forward rotation is looking very strong with returning players. Outside back were immense. Halves and hooker controlled the game.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Great win, Fitz has them doing the basics right, and we didn't go away from the game plan we just kept at it.
Bench did great, I am not sure I thought Hazelton looked injured.

I noticed when Gee ruled on two of our tries he made it really hard for Klein to overrule.
The Trindall when Nikora jumped for ball he said not a disruptor said it very clearly, it put Klein in hot seat.
And on Ronaldo try when Wilton cleaned up Kennedy very clear that it was fine if even looked at when the contact was, he was before giving try.
It was very much like I am the no 1 ref and putting it forward over Klein, maybe I read more into it, but in both those instances he was very direct.
He screwed up penalty try but easy out, the other two he laid it down

Stake Removed

First Grade
There has to be something off with Taulmolo 3 hit ups 22 metres, I know not much ball but even if had some a hit up every 2nd set of six they had when he was on field it would have been more.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There has to be something off with Taulmolo 3 hit ups 22 metres, I know not much ball but even if had some a hit up every 2nd set of six they had when he was on field it would have been more.
His problem is well known. He has a bone on bone knee. Tailored training (virtually none), interferes with his lateral movement and speed. He's cooked. So is McLean. Those 2 why I was so confident in the current process working. From the get go Kennedy, Brailey, Ronnie, Iro, Jesse, Stony just went up the middle and kept making them pivot and switch directions. This stuffed their whole line by causing outside in covering and big space outside.

The extra genius which bubs and I both mentioned was to cut out giving them simple get out of jail cards with kicks on the 5th inside the 30. Just run hard to the corner and only give them 6 tackles. No 7 tackle sets from the spot. The Cows thrive on that shit.

Fitz outcoached Toddy in a big way this time around.

dinghydi

Juniors
Im jealous of everyone that was there. Looked perfect day on TV And the Sharks played great. I thought Nicho was the Maestro who deserved Paul Green Medal But all played their part . Whats the go about Hazeltons Lateral Movement ? Looked pretty laterally Mobile to me when he scored that try ! I suppose getting down to normal height is hard for all taller guys in defense especially now there's such scrutiny around High contact . I think he brings enough to the team to make the ones near him in defence modify their games to take bit of pressure off him . His"short" stint got team off to start they needed and must have deflated Cowgirls from the get go.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Im jealous of everyone that was there. Looked perfect day on TV And the Sharks played great. I thought Nicho was the Maestro who deserved Paul Green Medal But all played their part . Whats the go about Hazeltons Lateral Movement ? Looked pretty laterally Mobile to me when he scored that try ! I suppose getting down to normal height is hard for all taller guys in defense especially now there's such scrutiny around High contact . I think he brings enough to the team to make the ones near him in defence modify their games to take bit of pressure off him . His"short" stint got team off to start they needed and must have deflated Cowgirls from the get go.
His lateral movement issue is in defense. It's getting better slowly. He was never criticised for not being able to go laterally in a forward direction.

Frenzy.

Immortal
His problem is well known. He has a bone on bone knee. Tailored training (virtually none), interferes with his lateral movement and speed. He's cooked. So is McLean. Those 2 why I was so confident in the current process working. From the get go Kennedy, Brailey, Ronnie, Iro, Jesse, Stony just went up the middle and kept making them pivot and switch directions. This stuffed their whole line by causing outside in covering and big space outside.

The extra genius which bubs and I both mentioned was to cut out giving them simple get out of jail cards with kicks on the 5th inside the 30. Just run hard to the corner and only give them 6 tackles. No 7 tackle sets from the spot. The Cows thrive on that shit.

Fitz outcoached Toddy in a big way this time around.
Another coaching victory has emerged from within my reflections.

Nicho kicked for 413 metres in general play. His average is 312 metres. So there's a change.

Tricky has been averaging 176 kick metres per game. Not in this one. He kicked for 312 metres.

The Cowboys were kicked to death in another in game win for the Fitzman

shadowboxer

First Grade
A decent Sunday out at the football.
No stress game and vocal but respectful crowd.
The performance was solid, very solid. Cows were never in it, at times we almost seemed in second gear or let’s say going through the motions.
Trindall earned MOM but whatever.
Bench rotation was enjoyable - probally best bench in the league - great times to be a shark