What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
He's the best halfback since Joey and he's still a pup. He's only going to improve
What's best for his career, being only a halfback forever or evolving and being whats needed for the team as a whole, fish could've easily said sorry Ivan I'm only a lock, I don't play front row, he is evolved into the best props, and a golden boot winner, Nathan is and could be the best player ever with age and skill left to go... doesn't need to be constrained to only playing halfback... Darren lockyer, moved roles still considered one of the best players in our game, Freddy Fittler too, there's so many players that moved roles and got better and made their team better by doing it, thus making them better because of it, Peter Wallace going to hooker is another come to mind

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What's best for his career, being only a halfback forever or evolving and being whats needed for the team as a whole, fish could've easily said sorry Ivan I'm only a lock, I don't play front row, he is evolved into the best props, and a golden boot winner, Nathan is and could be the best player ever with age and skill left to go... doesn't need to be constrained to only playing halfback... Darren lockyer, moved roles still considered one of the best players in our game, Freddy Fittler too, there's so many players that moved roles and got better and made their team better by doing it, thus making them better because of it, Peter Wallace going to hooker is another come to mind
It's not constraining him. It's the most important position. Anything else only hurts the team and him

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Locky was moved from 1 to 6 to get more ball when it mattered.
Freddy went from centre to 6 for the same reason.
I can't think of a generational talent being moved away from the ball to help him or the side.

MugaB

Coach
Locky was moved from 1 to 6 to get more ball when it mattered.
Freddy went from centre to 6 for the same reason.
I can't think of a generational talent being moved away from the ball to help him or the side.
He also played lock aswell, to fit in others at the Roosters, they were pinnacle back then, not so much now, I've never said move Nathan away from the ball, just give him less structure control, free him up, when you've got a isiah yeo, jack cogger, or brad schnieder around, let them do the mineal stuff, let nate pick his moments, it's exactly what wally lewis used to do

maple_69

Bench
Hadn’t thought of Crichton. I like the option. I read the detailed interview he gave about his mental health challenges and he sounds like he has fronted up to a serious condition and done the work. He was one of the Kangaroo’s best at the World Cup only 18 months ago and he is now getting back to that form.

A guy with that much experience winning big games would be huge. A Temoran on each edge would be scary.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Hadn’t thought of Crichton. I like the option. I read the detailed interview he gave about his mental health challenges and he sounds like he has fronted up to a serious condition and done the work. He was one of the Kangaroo’s best at the World Cup only 18 months ago and he is now getting back to that form.

A guy with that much experience winning big games would be huge. A Temoran on each edge would be scary.
The head knocks are a worry but he's worth considering

maple_69

Bench
Using Tito as a chip could be worth looking at as sad as it would be. We have Alamoti and May to handle it this year which could just strengthen our charge.

If we flipped him to the Knivhts to cover the Ponga problem the only real options of value to come back would be Frizell (probably too old for 25/26), D. Saifiti (maybe) or Thompson (they’d be mad).

Sua is the only guy I’d want from the Drags but no point moving Tito to get him a year early really.

Bunnies may be an option. They need to move on from Trell at the back and get someone with heart back there. Tatola and Duncan are the guys I’d want but again unlikely.

MugaB

Coach
Using Tito as a chip could be worth looking at as sad as it would be. We have Alamoti and May to handle it this year which could just strengthen our charge.

Sua is the only guy I’d want from the Drags but no point moving Tito to get him a year early really.
Don't need Su'a this year, we still have fish, and I reckon turuva will want to win with us now this season, not go over to the dragons as a pawn in our seasons chess match

Goonji

Juniors
I don’t like the idea of using Tito as a bargaining chip this year unless he genuinely wants to leave. Feels kinda inhuman for only arguable benefit and risks destabilising the squad for little gain.
I agree. Starts to undermine the “culture“ of the club that current players speak highly of.

hindy111

Post Whore
You: hindy f**k off with your parra ideas, your team is complete and utter shit

Also you: there are some young props at parra (Ofahiki Ogden, Wiremu Greig) nabbing one for a bench spot would be good

Your obsession with straight up bullying Hindy is tired and uncalled for. Please give it a rest.

I don't mind it tbh. It's just a bit of banter and nothing malicious but I appreciate you defending me

hindy111

Post Whore
Schneider's been a bit more underwhelming than I expected, but he has been solid. But for next year, I don't like him or Cole as Luai's replacement. They're both bland footballers with no x factor. The more I see of Toelau the more I like him.

Chase Ethan Sanders....

MugaB

Coach
I don't mind it tbh. It's just a bit of banter and nothing malicious but I appreciate you defending me
Hahaha, hamstring thinks i personally hate you, i dont, your right it is banter, but on a serious note, you do tend to drone on about parra and thier roster far too often on a penrith forum, especially when it comes to offloading your most useless-expensive-over the hill players

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
D

Due to the lack of quality half’s if he comes onto the market you have to pay way overs to get him

He is now on the market. Word was Penrith where interested but Canberra apparently come in with a big offer. Who knows nownwith Fogarty and their new young half he may have a better opportunity at Penrith

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't need Su'a this year, we still have fish, and I reckon turuva will want to win with us now this season, not go over to the dragons as a pawn in our seasons chess match

Keep Turuva. It's a possible 4 peat season. If there is any money in the cap left for this season and a good forward comes available I would try and bolster the pack. I agree that TPJ would be a great addition. He has X factor. May only cost 250- 300k for this year and 550k for next. At that price he is worth looking into.

Sime_11

Juniors
interesting Hypothetical question

1. does Ivan get the best out of Schuster?

2. if he does - does that put up there with Bellamy and Robinson in coaching ability (personally Robbo is being made out to be highly overrated)

Latest posts