What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Johnny88

Juniors
NRL 2024: Brad Arthur puts Eels players on notice and reveals why he finally selected Ethan Sanders
Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has declared he wants to keep his job at the Western Sydney powerhouse club and how halfback Ethan Sanders will help him do it, at the expense of the Canberra Raiders

.Brad Arthur has declared he needed to pick rookie playmaker Ethan Sanders to help save his job at Parramatta, as the Eels coach delivered a blow to the Canberra Raiders halves stocks in 2024.
It comes as Arthur put the top 17 on notice ahead of Fridayā€™s clash against Manly, warning players their spots in the NRL side are not safe in the wake of the humiliating loss in Darwin, where the Dolphins piled on eight tries in 25 minutes.
A tug-of-war between the Eels and Raiders for Sanders, who will wear the No.6 jumper this week, ended on Tuesday when the teenager informed Parramatta officials he would be departing the club.
Arthur revealed Sanders will not be released early to join Ricky Stuartā€™s men, who are without Jamal Fogarty for the next three months after the experienced halfback suffered a ruptured biceps that required surgery.
ā€œHeā€™s come and fronted up and let us know that heā€™d be moving on,ā€ Arthur confirmed.
ā€œHeā€™s told me to my face, and his manager has, that heā€™s not asking for a release this year. He made an obligation to the team at the start of the year, and thatā€™s a sign of the man he is.ā€

Arthur made no apologies for the team changes or the fact that Sanders was left to bide his time in reserve grade before finally getting his shot in the halves.
ā€œI want to keep my job. I want to work here, so I need to pick the best team available,ā€ Arthur said.
ā€œWeā€™ve got Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses as our halves. I donā€™t think anyone expects me to drop either of those guys for (Sanders).
ā€œSo the opportunity is better for him somewhere else. Iā€™m proud of the fact that we can make these players better and they get presented a better opportunity.
ā€œBut I need to win games of footy. We can make players better, but I donā€™t keep my job by that. I keep my job by winning games of footy.ā€

The scathing post match spray was designed to embarrass players but also pose as a warning that Arthur is willing to cut players from the NRL side if they fail to meet standards.
ā€œI wanted to see them be disappointed. I wanted to see them be embarrassed. I wanted to see them hurt,ā€ Arthur said.
ā€œI donā€™t like making a heap of changes, but they forced me into it.
ā€œThere are things in our team that are non-negotiable, that theyā€™ve got to do.
ā€œYou canā€™t change every player (but) lot of the guys are lucky theyā€™re in the team this week and they know that.ā€

Wally21

Bench
Manu mau

I just think after paying brown and moses, an elite edge forward is going to be hard to fit on the cap. We did well getting lomax.
One of my favourite players. But was he really a project on the shit heap? Yes he had his trouble with the law, but not sure he was a journeyman or player who never fulfilled his potential.
Understand there may not be money to pay a top flight edge forward, but these bargain bin players are far more misses than hits

JokerEel

Coach
NRL 2024: Brad Arthur puts Eels players on notice and reveals why he finally selected Ethan Sanders
Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has declared he wants to keep his job at the Western Sydney powerhouse club and how halfback Ethan Sanders will help him do it, at the expense of the Canberra Raiders

.Brad Arthur has declared he needed to pick rookie playmaker Ethan Sanders to help save his job at Parramatta, as the Eels coach delivered a blow to the Canberra Raiders halves stocks in 2024.
It comes as Arthur put the top 17 on notice ahead of Fridayā€™s clash against Manly, warning players their spots in the NRL side are not safe in the wake of the humiliating loss in Darwin, where the Dolphins piled on eight tries in 25 minutes.
A tug-of-war between the Eels and Raiders for Sanders, who will wear the No.6 jumper this week, ended on Tuesday when the teenager informed Parramatta officials he would be departing the club.
Arthur revealed Sanders will not be released early to join Ricky Stuartā€™s men, who are without Jamal Fogarty for the next three months after the experienced halfback suffered a ruptured biceps that required surgery.
ā€œHeā€™s come and fronted up and let us know that heā€™d be moving on,ā€ Arthur confirmed.
ā€œHeā€™s told me to my face, and his manager has, that heā€™s not asking for a release this year. He made an obligation to the team at the start of the year, and thatā€™s a sign of the man he is.ā€

Arthur made no apologies for the team changes or the fact that Sanders was left to bide his time in reserve grade before finally getting his shot in the halves.
ā€œI want to keep my job. I want to work here, so I need to pick the best team available,ā€ Arthur said.
ā€œWeā€™ve got Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses as our halves. I donā€™t think anyone expects me to drop either of those guys for (Sanders).
ā€œSo the opportunity is better for him somewhere else. Iā€™m proud of the fact that we can make these players better and they get presented a better opportunity.
ā€œBut I need to win games of footy. We can make players better, but I donā€™t keep my job by that. I keep my job by winning games of footy.ā€

The scathing post match spray was designed to embarrass players but also pose as a warning that Arthur is willing to cut players from the NRL side if they fail to meet standards.
ā€œI wanted to see them be disappointed. I wanted to see them be embarrassed. I wanted to see them hurt,ā€ Arthur said.
ā€œI donā€™t like making a heap of changes, but they forced me into it.
ā€œThere are things in our team that are non-negotiable, that theyā€™ve got to do.
ā€œYou canā€™t change every player (but) lot of the guys are lucky theyā€™re in the team this week and they know that.ā€

A lot of me or I not We from BA

Pazza

First Grade
One of my favourite players. But was he really a project on the shit heap? Yes he had his trouble with the law, but not sure he was a journeyman or player who never fulfilled his potential.
Understand there may not be money to pay a top flight edge forward, but these bargain bin players are far more misses than hits

Debuted at 24 or 25 years of age. Didn't ricky bring him to the club???

Schuster for me is worth the risk. On the right coin. The talent is evident

Parra Pride

Coach
Debuted at 24 or 25 years of age. Didn't ricky bring him to the club???

Schuster for me is worth the risk. On the right coin. The talent is evident
Mau debuting late was probably more to do with the prison sentence than it was not being good enough, pretty sure we had to actually help push for him even being able to play in Australia? He's the exact kind of player our team is missing now too, our pack is soft as shit on the defensive end and I'd be surprised if there is any player who is scared of copping a hit when running at us.

Soto

Bench
I think with Richard Penisini and AMS both doing ACLs really farked us.
Ethan Sanders leaving I think is a bit premature.
Roiders have Fogarty and Strange. Who is he going to displace there?.
There are always injuries, suspensions, rep footy etc where I think he could've played a fair bit of 1st grade with us.
Gutho could move to centre and Dylbro to fullback for example and opens a spot for Ethan in the halves...or even Dylbro at left centre..
Options aplenty but unless Sanders wants to play his career with his NSW u19s mates (Chevy Stewart, Ethan Strange) I think it's a strange decision

Delboy

First Grade
My thoughts are that the Tigers are strengthening their team with specific players for positions of need, just wondering if our recruitment gurus have any sort of plan to do the same with our club. Thatā€™s not happened for a fair while, not sure there is any confidence that things are being negotiated, remains a bit of a shambles.

JokerEel

Coach
There are always injuries, suspensions, rep footy etc where I think he could've played a fair bit of 1st grade with us.
Gutho could move to centre and Dylbro to fullback for example and opens a spot for Ethan in the halves...or even Dylbro at left centre..
Options aplenty but unless Sanders wants to play his career with his NSW u19s mates (Chevy Stewart, Ethan Strange) I think it's a strange decision

Strange but I assume Ricky sold him the dream..

Good luck to him.. he does have the game to make it in the NRL it's up to him now if he can keep developing and learning.

Delboy

First Grade
Thatā€™s up to our people to explain the advantages of staying, negotiate a reasonable package as we see clubs like Storm and others do to retain junior players. Not sure our lot have that in their kitbag .

hindy111

Post Whore
Thatā€™s up to our people to explain the advantages of staying, negotiate a reasonable package as we see clubs like Storm and others do to retain junior players. Not sure our lot have that in their kitbag .

Yes you have Pezet,Falogo,Wishart all talented spine players who seem happy waiting their turn.

Stevie

Bench
We would have had to match the Tigers and do you think we should have $1m invested in wingers?
Sivo is here for 2025 at this stage.
If Sivo continues to be shite then good clubs would tell him heā€™s not wanted and heā€™d get picked up by another club he has plenty to offer.
As for wingers, in my opinion they are the new props. Good sides have ridiculous metre eaters in their back two. I want the same.
Shape up or f**k off should be our new message.

Latest posts