What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Not me - I'm Matto's biggest fan.

But there's a belief that he's soft, and doesn't play for his team.

Schuster is very skilful, but he has a weak mindset, imo.

Matterson overall has been an average signing. One good year for us but mostly average. I think his best spot is lock and BA never has given him much first choice there. I rate him higher then Hopgood when he is at his best. Hopgoods form this season actually is concerning. Gone backwards

JokerEel

Coach
That’s up to our people to explain the advantages of staying, negotiate a reasonable package as we see clubs like Storm and others do to retain junior players. Not sure our lot have that in their kitbag .

Imagine getting stuck behind the current halves and having to bide your time no one does that....

Oh Hi Jonah Pezet...

JokerEel

Coach
Matterson overall has been an average signing. One good year for us but mostly average. I think his best spot is lock and BA never has given him much first choice there. I rate him higher then Hopgood when he is at his best. Hopgoods form this season actually is concerning. Gone backwards

I agree here Matto is better at Lock and Hopgood has been poor. He needs to be a ball playing tackling machine.

That's where I think Schuster should play when he gets another gig.

The Predictor

Juniors
Too early to say at the moment really
Fair comment, I just wouldn’t be betting the farm on him, we still need strike backs, these kids will take a while, only a select few handle the jump in firsts, and unfortunately we don’t have them, Talagi is a perfect case, I don’t think he will be ready for at least couple of years, and we still won’t know, I think being thrown to the wolves has had an adverse affect, just my opinion

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Imo fullback suits his game more than any other position as he's not pigeon holed into one side of the field. His 1v1 defence is also excellent.
I hate to ‘well actually’ merkins but in this case I can’t help myself.

Most fullbacks attack one side of the field these days, maybe all of them. As for one-on-one defence being excellent, that’s better utilised up in the line, out wide, where there there are far more opportunities to attempt those types of tackles. At fullback most one-on-one attempts are nullified by the presence of a support player to receive the pass. It’s a big reason so many fullbacks are lightweight. Because tackling isn’t a big part of the job. It’s mostly covering kicks, in defence at least.

JokerEel

Coach
I hate to ‘well actually’ merkins but in this case I can’t help myself.

Most fullbacks attack one side of the field these days, maybe all of them. As for one-on-one defence being excellent, that’s better utilised up in the line, out wide, where there there are far more opportunities to attempt those types of tackles. At fullback most one-on-one attempts are nullified by the presence of a support player to receive the pass. It’s a big reason so many fullbacks are lightweight. Because tackling isn’t a big part of the job. It’s mostly covering kicks, in defence at least.

You must have fullback confused with winger...