What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
What's the weather like in Brisbane?

It's sh*t here near the SFS.

Looks like our chances of potential huge crowds tonight are ruined.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Well it looks like torrental rain at both venues.... Lets show some back bone Broncs, Saints, Roosters fans get out there in big numbers get wet youll be ok.

Meanwhile Parra fans like me will stay on the couch with heater on....

miccle

Bench
The rain has cleared overnight in Brisbane, still pretty grey but apparently the wet stuff (fingers crossed) will stay away.

Bought two tix for the in-laws a few hours ago, actually - they're one of hopefully many who adopted a wait and see attitude regarding the weather and have now decided to come along to farewell Wayne, TC and a gazillion others :(

PAX number on the tix, if it means anything at all, was around 36,400. I'm hoping for 40+, but won't hold my breath.

Would be aiming for 45,000 minumum if it was on a Sunday afternoon. Possibly nudging 50k.

miccle

Bench
Just ducked outside for a minute (near Roma Street, 15 minute walk from Suncorp) and all looks pretty good. No real rain for over three hours, fair bit of sunshine about and a few (non-threatening) crowds.

Should be a great night for footy!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Such a shame really...Was looking forward to watching the Roosters v Dragons game with the terraces on the Eastern side of the field packed with people.

brendothejet

First Grade
they are there, they are just up under the cover or in the western stand. reverse shots show the members have a few in.

spewing about the rain.

why cant it just f**k off? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.