What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisVegas

Juniors
I'm very hopeful of both the Week 2 Finals games to be sold out by Thursday. The crowd and hype will be crazy up here in Brisbane, and given the Warriors sold out their Week 1 final last year, and have won 9 of their past 11 games, I'm expecting another "black out" across the tasman.

You would think both Week 3 games will be at the SFS with no Western Sydney clubs in the finals, hopefully the NRL will start marketing the tickets for the Sydney games now.

camsmith

Juniors
About 15,100 there tonight (can't remember exact figure).

It was PACKED yet 2,500 below capacity.. yeah, right. :roll:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Disappointing figure. Got to wonder if AFL authorities are counting and reducing the figure. Wasn't a spare seat or patch of grass ANYWHERE.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Just when crowds look sh*t for the NRL it gets decent crowds for Manly,Sharks and the Storm game.I expect to see the Auckland bandwagoners to be out in force.
Still live in the old dog left.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Funny there were a few calls to talkback today defending the Roosters' crowd in light of the 18 & 19 thou efforts on Saturday.

They forget the key difference. The two Saturday grounds were AT CAPACITY. The SFS was LESS THAN HALF FULL.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Disappointing figure. Got to wonder if AFL authorities are counting and reducing the figure. Wasn't a spare seat or patch of grass ANYWHERE.

I have no idea why packed out games for the Storm are always a few thousand under capacity. Today looked like it was over-capacity ffs yet it is apparently 3K under...

camsmith

Juniors

Yeah something is up (lol the AFL wont be involved though). Week after week the crowd numbers seem to be 1,500 or so under what it really is (or looks like)

I sound like a broken record on this thread because its the same every home game.

Frailty

First Grade
Was planning on going to the Sharks V Roosters game until the Warriors won, but now I will make plans for Sharks V Melbourne/Brisbane...

On another note, next week there will be no finals games in Sydney! When is the last time that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.