What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maubs out, Soliola in, Waqa in doubt.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Sisa Waqa in doubt for Warriors game

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Fijian flyer Sisa Waqa is in doubt for this Sunday's game against the NZ Warriors after being involved in an accident on Tuesday night.
Waqa was at a relatives unit when a balcony railing he was leaning on gave way.
He is undergoing a scan in an injured wrist and will meet with the doctor tomorrow morning.
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=15652

Mitchell Aubusson to miss one week

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Roosters centre Mitchell Aubusson will miss this weekend's game against the Warriors after scans revealed he is suffering a back injury.
Aubusson left the field in the second half suffering back spasms and scans have indicated that he requires a week's rest to ensure the problem does not re-occur.
Ben Jones will replace Mitchell in the team.
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=15575

Sia Soliola to make his return

Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Sydney Roosters centre Iosia Soliola will make an early return from a fractured eye socket to take his place against the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland on Sunday.
Soliola, a Kiwi international, has little memory of his last football trip to NZ after being knocked out in the semi final last year.
The big hitting 22-year-old’s return is a boost the Roosters squad as they look to make up for their disappointing finals exit.
To see the round 6 team announcement click here.
“I’m really happy to be back this week,” Soliola said after missing the Broncos match.
“Last week the boys showed great fight in the second half. It was positive to see our effort was maintained for the full 80 minutes.
“This week we will need to be on our game because the Warriors at home are a different beast and we will be preparing for a tough match,” he said.
The Roosters have had some success in the City of Sails, winning three out of five matches at Mt Smart Stadium over the past four seasons.
Soliola said the heartbreaking semi final loss is still fresh in the memory but so is the Roosters 38-12 victory over there in round 11.
“We got done last year in the second half,” Soliola said of the semi final loss.
“We were leading at halftime and didn’t score a point in the second. It was a really disappointing way to go out and hopefully last week’s effort showed we have improved on that area of our game.
“The win over the Warriors in round 11 was a completely dominant one. We have to start strong and finish stronger, like we did that day.
“We have a pretty large Kiwi contingent in our squad and with Sammy and Frank-Paul playing some of their best footy I know we can get a win,” he said.
The Warriors have been vulnerable at home this season and are coming off the back of two straight home defeats.
However, the Roosters quest for two competition points will be that little bit harder to snare this week as the Warriors welcome back two big guns in Steve Price and Manu Vatuvei.
“On their day the Warriors are one of the best sides at home,” Soliola said.
“I was surprised to see them get beat in the last two matches. The Broncos showed some weaknesses in their game and Souths basically defended really well.
“Now they have got Stevie and Manu back makes them even stronger. They’ll be really fired up and we know we’ll have to match their intensity.”
To view the Round 6 team click here
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=15618

adamkungl

Immortal
1 Perrett
2 SKD
3 Jones
4 Soliola
5 Waqa/Tuigamala

not terrible...I hope SKD is on Manu's side though

Chook Norris

First Grade
Apparently, Sisa broke his wrist/hand when his balcony collapsed on top of it :S

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
How bizarre.. how long is he out for?

dunno don't think he'll be out for that long.. since the official site says "is in doubt for Sunday's game against the warriors"

Melon wrote on TRL:

Freak accident reported in the telecrap today, Sisa's Lane Cove flat balcony collapsed on his hand, breaking it. .

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Rather unfortunate. Our outside backs depth is really being tested early on... Mini, Waqa, Maubs, Williamson all out and Soliola being brought back early.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I pray that Manu chokes under the high ball again, would be our easiest victory of the season if he has 'one of those days'. Unfortunatly I think those days are behind him now and we can expect to see a dominant performance from the big fella, but it atleast has to be experimented with early on from Braith and Junior Junior.

nzwarriors60

Juniors
YeaI have seen him he has been going alright but not nearly in the same class as Manu, anyway I think they play on oppisite sides of the feild anyway.

Paullyboy

Coach
From memory SKD plays left wing and Manu plays right wing - so you'll find them coming up against each other if that's the case.

Monk

Referee
why oh why does freddy persist with Jones in the Centres...................