What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Waterboy Murph will probably take his long service leave once BA is tapped.
Waterboy GIF

Soto

Bench
We probably did deserve everyone of the penalties but f**k me sutton missed alot as well. How about Brooks slapping Matto?.
How about the constant around the neck from moanly?
Croker got steamroller by Paulo lands hits head on the ground and no HIA...
Discipline in this team comes back to the frustration they are all experiencing right now.
I don't care if BA keeps changing players now as some pot plants aren't responding.
I said it last week too, we probably don't even have a goal kicking coach...
Amateur at its best.
I won't knock the effort last night but these small things are why we are where we are

King-Gutho94

Coach
We probably did deserve everyone of the penalties but f**k me sutton missed alot as well. How about Brooks slapping Matto?.
How about the constant around the neck from moanly?
Croker got steamroller by Paulo lands hits head on the ground and no HIA...
Discipline in this team comes back to the frustration they are all experiencing right now.
I don't care if BA keeps changing players now as some pot plants aren't responding.
I said it last week too, we probably don't even have a goal kicking coach...
Amateur at its best.
I won't knock the effort last night but these small things are why we are where we are
We're just a battling western Sydney club that has NFI what success looks like or how to go about it.

As a first grade side the effort should be there everyweek.

Last night went as most would have expected they had a crack out of embarrasment from last week but were out classed.

If we bought the effort to the winnable Tigers and Dolphins games we are 5-3 and you know what things aren't as bad.

We have a dumb pub squad mentality turn up and have a crack when your no hope.

But when favourites or expected to win we coast through the motions.

TheRam

Coach
To be fair, everyone does. What people seem to differ on, is the solutions to the problems.

It's very easy to sack everyone and post and repost the same thing every day or week, but as the 26th POTUS once said "Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining."

So, what is the solution ? If you go through these forums there must be 50 options from 50 experts. They all start with sacking someone, but the solutions seem to be scatter gun.

I am not adverse to the Wayne Bennett appointment, which is the solution de jour, but is he prepared for the impatience of our fans and are our fans prepared to be patient for change to give effect ?

Bennett isn't the solution either.

Glenneel

Bench
We don't have many big money merkins off contract and we've added Lomax. I'll be surprised if there's any more external recruitment for 2025. We also have a lot of talented youngsters to bring into the squad. It's very exciting.
What concerns me is that any of out talented juniors seem to be poached by other clubs before they make NRL. Our club is hopeless at retaining any decent juniors. Who of our current crop, likely to make NRL in 25/26, have been signed for next year or beyond? Anyone know?

Glenneel

Bench
I reckon plenty of coaches don't want to be at Parra. Ricky Stuart couldn't get out of here quick enough.
And we'd still be searching for a premiership, don't think there is much difference between him and BA. However what Sticky is really good at is spotting talent and bringing them to Raiders. In that respect we'd be much better off with him here than BA. There certainly wouldn't be gaping holes in the roster as we have now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just read that Sivo has a mutual Option in 26 and a Clup Option in 2027..

🤷

Sickening to think we handed him a 4yr deal knowing how up and down he was.
I said it earlier build for 2027. We've f**ked ourselves.

Smart thing to have done was wha tothers have suggested. Sanders we should try and keep. He could play halves with Moses and turn Dylan into a fullback. It would suit his game.

That ships sailed. Next year will be a write off. We will need two new spine players. Hopefully for 2026 we have MA ready and he is as good as they hope and same goes for Blaize. Middle of 2025 might be time to blood them consistently. 2026 they should start to find their feet and by 2027 are difference makers.
By then we will have Jnr,Rcg,Lane and Mattos money to spend along with Sivos. Have a real crack at it. Moses will be getting to the end. 2027/2028 will be our chance

Glenneel

Bench
If the Eels sign any of the below merkins we know that MON uses chat gtp...

Based on the current market and the Parramatta Eels’ needs, here are some players they could consider signing:

• David Armstrong: A versatile player who could add depth to the backline or play in the halves if needed.
  • Thomas Cant: Known for his strong defensive skills, which could be beneficial for the Eels’ forward pack.
  • Mat Croker: A promising prop who could provide the much-needed front row depth.
  • Dane Gagai: An experienced centre that could strengthen the Eels’ backline.
  • Tyson Gamble: A halfback with a good kicking game, which could be useful for the Eels’ playmaking options.
  • Zach Herring: A hooker who could compete for the No. 9 jersey and provide depth in the crucial hooker role.
  • Brodie Jones: A second-rower known for his work rate and could add to the Eels’ edge forward options.
  • Krystian Mapapalangi: A young talent who could develop into a valuable asset for the Eels.
  • Myles Martin: A utility player who could cover several positions and add versatility to the squad.
  • Fletcher Meyers: A strong forward who could bolster the Eels’ pack.
  • Laitia Moceidreke: A winger with good finishing skills, which could be an asset for the Eels’ attack.
  • Enari Tuala: A centre with the ability to break the line and add an attacking threat.
  • Toni Tupouniua: A forward with potential, who could add depth to the Eels’ forward rotation.
Myles Martin is a Parra junior poached by Newcastle. I had big raps on him. Was/is? a very promising lock forward with high workrate in attack and defence and another that we should have kept.

JokerEel

Coach
Myles Martin is a Parra junior poached by Newcastle. I had big raps on him. Was/is? a very promising lock forward with high workrate in attack and defence and another that we should have kept.

I thought we poached him from the Knights first..

Haven't seen the wraps on him like some others Juniors since he has gone back to the knights.

JokerEel

Coach
Sickening to think we handed him a 4yr deal knowing how up and down he was.
I said it earlier build for 2027. We've f**ked ourselves.

Smart thing to have done was wha tothers have suggested. Sanders we should try and keep. He could play halves with Moses and turn Dylan into a fullback. It would suit his game.

That ships sailed. Next year will be a write off. We will need two new spine players. Hopefully for 2026 we have MA ready and he is as good as they hope and same goes for Blaize. Middle of 2025 might be time to blood them consistently. 2026 they should start to find their feet and by 2027 are difference makers.
By then we will have Jnr,Rcg,Lane and Mattos money to spend along with Sivos. Have a real crack at it. Moses will be getting to the end. 2027/2028 will be our chance

If I was the incoming coach I would be scratching my head on how we are developing our juniors and also retaining them ..

Along with how we are getting bent over by players to sign long dumb contracts..

Panthers have a price point and don't budge seems to work especially when you have built your junior base up to come in when a player leaves chasing the $$$$

How we can't do this is beyond me we just lack the people at the club that can put it together

Latest posts