What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Fri :: Rabbitohs 36 Panthers 12 @ ANZ

Round 18 :: Rabbitohs v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

murraymob

Coach
graham has a ongoing shoulder problem he may be right next week no point bringing him back on we where never going to win that match.
Is there a more predictable halfback in the nrl than walsh.I lost count of his run sideways pass inside attempts
positives tia killifi has a strong game maybe the 1 standout on a bad night

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not a big deal but going back to the 24th minute of the game. The Panthers got 6-again in the Rabbitohs red zone. After the zero tackle was complete and players were onto the tackle leading to tackle 1, I noticed the ref was still waving his hand as if it were 6-again from that pursuing play. Anyone else notice this?

skeepe

Immortal
Not a big deal but going back to the 24th minute of the game. The Panthers got 6-again in the Rabbitohs red zone. After the zero tackle was complete and players were onto the tackle leading to tackle 1, I noticed the ref was still waving his hand as if it were 6-again from that pursuing play. Anyone else notice this?

The referee waves six again after the non-offending team regathers, and then six again after the play the ball to indicate that that was the zero tackle.

This has happened every single time there has been a six again since the zero tackle rule was introduced some 12 or 13 years ago.

pantherz9103

First Grade
what can you do? Souths finally decide to play semi decently and its all they needed to do to beat what was a severely depleted Penrith side that lacked strikepower, go forward, experience and common sense. They also lacked creativity and were too predictable in attack inside the rabbits 20. Jennings and House better pull through alright otherwise we'll struggle to even match last years mediocre finish.

I won't give up yet. 8 wins, 8 losses - 20 points. Probably need to win 5 from 8 to make the 8. Not out of the question if the luck with injury changes, but Graham may be out now, maybe its not our year once AGAIN.

skeepe

Immortal
Penrith were very, very ordinary tonight. You'd expect that when so many regulars are out, but the thing is it was actually the remaining senior players who were the worst offenders. The kids went alright. Tia-Kilifi looks like a first grader already, and you couldn't really fault McFadgeon.

Had to laugh at Big Mick going off about the refs... absolutely shocking form mate, the refereeing was brilliant tonight. I've been critical of De Las Heras in the past, but he had a good game, as did Cummins.

One bloke who is clearly past his used-by date is Phil Cooley for his shocking decision to award Daniela a try. Consider this: Sammut took Merritt high and knocked the ball out of Merritt's hands, constituting a knock-on. As Sammut had touched the ball, Daniela was offside, and he only grounded the ball after Merritt had done so. Yet Cooley gives it benefit of the doubt.

Worst decision I've seen in some time.

Panthers888

Juniors
1. Graham isn't very good. And the fact that he's young is no excuse. His plays were predictable and his attack ordinary at best, not to mention a liability in defence.

2. Cooper isn't really a forward or a back, as he proved tonight. I'm not sure where that leaves him.

3. Sammut isn't a fullback. His near-try shows he has a lot of potential, most of which would be wasted in the back. At 5/8 he has a much more free flowing game which he thrives on, and his attacking flair is priceless alongside a more 'solid' player like Walsh.

4. We reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllly miss Petero, Jennings, Lewis, Waterhouse etc

abpanther

Staff member
If Sammut's hit on Merritt constitutes a 'high tackle' deadset we should give them bibs and change it too netball.

I agree though that it should've been a no try...

abpanther

Staff member
1. Graham isn't very good. And the fact that he's young is no excuse. His plays were predictable and his attack ordinary at best, not to mention a liability in defence.

2. Cooper isn't really a forward or a back, as he proved tonight. I'm not sure where that leaves him.

3. Sammut isn't a fullback. His near-try shows he has a lot of potential, most of which would be wasted in the back. At 5/8 he has a much more free flowing game which he thrives on, and his attacking flair is priceless alongside a more 'solid' player like Walsh.

Couldn't disagree with you more on points 1 and 3, Graham is still young and developing but he plays with plenty of heart, has a good passing game and is taking the line on more and more. When Lewis returns he will be even better as there will be less pressure on him, he is only 18. As for Sammut, fullback is better for him as he can inject himself at times, he does not have the ability to steer the side around the park as he is a selfish player, this was proven when they tried him at halfback.

Cooper is what he is, a solid first grader who is best suited off the bench but can fill in at backrow

choc_soldier

Coach
We have about 29 players out with injury and the Bunnies looked like they were playing for something. Injuries aside, we were pretty woeful and just didn't look we turned up to play tonight.

To be honest, I was quite shocked that Daniela got the B.O.D call.

Panthers888

Juniors
Couldn't disagree with you more on points 1 and 3, Graham is still young and developing but he plays with plenty of heart, has a good passing game and is taking the line on more and more. When Lewis returns he will be even better as there will be less pressure on him, he is only 18. As for Sammut, fullback is better for him as he can inject himself at times, he does not have the ability to steer the side around the park as he is a selfish player, this was proven when they tried him at halfback.

Cooper is what he is, a solid first grader who is best suited off the bench but can fill in at backrow

So try him at five eighth!

maple_69

Bench
Agree. So how about this if Graham is out.
1. Gordon 2. Tia Kilifi 3. Jennings 4. Daniela 5. Mcfadgeon 6. Sammut 7. Walsh
Assuming Jenko comes through alright and Gordon does come back this week...
I don't think Sammut is nearly as good a fulltime fullback as Coote but perhaps he'd benefit immensely from having Lewis back. Anywho I imagine we'll see something like that otherwise
1. Sammut 2. Tia Kilifi 3. Jennings 4. Gordon 5. Daniela 6. Graham 7. Walsh would be dynamite.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sammut was absolute rubbish last night, had a terrible game.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Didn't see the game so I can't really comment on the performance except to say that while I expected a loss I was suprised by the size of it. Our F/A was reasonable compared to those around us on the ladder until last night so that loss may come back to haunt us.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Just watch Souths go back to losing in the weeks to come. As soon as they are challenged again by a proper team they will not stand up. They were gifted the win last night by how bad our team was on paper and how bad it played and they played like they knew they had to win this game for some pride because they might not win many more. Penrith might not win much more either with the way our luck is going.

mxlegend99

Referee
I thought the referee gave away some harsh penalties against the Panthers while letting the Souths get away with the same stuff. Although even if the referee had given us a penalty each set and none to the Rabbits we would have lost. Our attack and go forward is non existant without Petero, Jennings, Gordon, Pritchard, Lewis and Waterhouse.