What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra A grade teams?

The Major

Bench
I heard that hills aren't putting in a first division side this year and most of their half decent players went to Quakers hill. So only a reggies side for them apparently. I wonder where all the wenty boys will go when they are told they don't have anywhere to play. Bit of a shame seeing it's highly likely wenty won't be able to have a crack at their 8th consecutive premiership victory.

I heard that hills aren't putting in a first division side this year and most of their half decent players went to Quakers hill. So only a reggies side for them apparently. I wonder where all the wenty boys will go when they are told they don't have anywhere to play. Bit of a shame seeing it's highly likely wenty won't be able to have a crack at their 8th consecutive premiership victory.

Cancel the competition for this yr . Sack the current officials & give their pay to a local charity . The standard of the comp is below average the refereeing is not up to standard . This all comes from having people in important positions who have no idea . Time for action to be taken to have clubs like Mounties & Wenty leaving is unacceptable . The NSWRL need to step in & take over but they are in the process destroying The Bundy cup . Its already to late for this yr somebody pls stand up and take a positive step forward

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Cancel the competition for this yr . Sack the current officials & give their pay to a local charity . The standard of the comp is below average the refereeing is not up to standard . This all comes from having people in important positions who have no idea . Time for action to be taken to have clubs like Mounties & Wenty leaving is unacceptable . The NSWRL need to step in & take over but they are in the process destroying The Bundy cup . Its already to late for this yr somebody pls stand up and take a positive step forward

It needs to be remembered that Mounties and Wenty don't want to leave the district it is that they cant play under the rules introduced in January this year.
The officials at Parra have decided to stick with the rules instead of giving the clubs 12 months to plan a better way to manage the competition and make it more competitive.
Both Mounties and Wenty have offered to help in constructing a better competition for all divisions but instead have been shown the door.
The 1st division teams listed here are really 2nd division and so on.
Hills only have one team as do Cabramatta who cant field a team anyway because of the rules so "1st division" will be 4 teams and "2nd division" 7 teams.
What is disturbing is that if Mounties and Wenty dont field teams most of the players they have will still not be able to compete in the Parra district competition for other clubs because of these rules.
The officials at Parramatta dont get it, but then again, when have they?

footyfan66

Juniors
It needs to be remembered that Mounties and Wenty don't want to leave the district it is that they cant play under the rules introduced in January this year.
The officials at Parra have decided to stick with the rules instead of giving the clubs 12 months to plan a better way to manage the competition and make it more competitive.
Both Mounties and Wenty have offered to help in constructing a better competition for all divisions but instead have been shown the door.
The 1st division teams listed here are really 2nd division and so on.
Hills only have one team as do Cabramatta who cant field a team anyway because of the rules so "1st division" will be 4 teams and "2nd division" 7 teams.
What is disturbing is that if Mounties and Wenty dont field teams most of the players they have will still not be able to compete in the Parra district competition for other clubs because of these rules.
The officials at Parramatta dont get it, but then again, when have they?

Everything you say is correct and the officials need to be made accountable. They sit in their 'ivory tower' and consider any suggestion to be beneath them. They don't want to improve the comp, they just want to get rid of the strong clubs. What a way to benefit the district.

The 17's 1st division comp this year only has 4 teams: Wenty, Guildford, Cabra & Fairfield United. Another age group shot to pieces. Why bother. I don't know why the top two teams from the lower division (eg: the two grand finalists) don't get promoted to 1st Division. They may suprise everyone and rise to the challenge.

The officials at Parramatta have failed - sack them. Then maybe we can save the district comp.

tezzah

Juniors
How sad a rugby league competition to be a player, coaching management member, trainer, supporter in... maybe a player/club strike could be on the cards? Perhaps a petition or maybe a re-election of board members... throw a coup and get the 'right' people in!

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Who cares?

Its only two clubs unhappy because they want to pay their players. One has bought the Agrade comp for the last 7 years (must be worried no one wants to play for them without money) and the other paid their A grade last year and couldn't consistently field a team (forfeited 3 or 4 games and wanted to play others as 9 a side).

Maybe Mounties should look at how they run things before worrying about what Parra is doing. They haven't won a thing for twenty years despite flashing cash everywere. Find some players who want to play for Mounties and not for the money and you may get some results.

Two club unhappy with chips on their shoulders but 10 happy with what is happening. Well done Parra!!!!

They've been given the option to go and no one else wants them either.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Who cares?

Its only two clubs unhappy because they want to pay their players. One has bought the Agrade comp for the last 7 years (must be worried no one wants to play for them without money) and the other paid their A grade last year and couldn't consistently field a team (forfeited 3 or 4 games and wanted to play others as 9 a side).

Maybe Mounties should look at how they run things before worrying about what Parra is doing. They haven't won a thing for twenty years despite flashing cash everywere. Find some players who want to play for Mounties and not for the money and you may get some results.

Two club unhappy with chips on their shoulders but 10 happy with what is happening. Well done Parra!!!!

You have to be kidding.
Players are busting to play for these clubs due to their professionalism and their success.
These two clubs have consistently asked for the competition to be revamped to benefit all clubs and instead got shown the door.
Ask any player what sort of oney they are being paid and they will tell you it is not much, it is the quality of the club abd how they treat their players that matter and that is what all other clubs should be trying to do.
If you seriously think the other clubs are happy you are sadly mistaken.
You only have to talk to them to see that they want changes.

footyfan66

Juniors
Who cares?

Whatever your opinon of the clubs are, you must realise that the players are the ones who really suffer. Many of them, in spite of your assertion that they have 'brought the comp' have played for Wenty for years and basically want to stay there. They have pride in the jersey and after C grade, their only option is the A Grade comp. The players still don't know where or even if they are going to play, they have been training since November last year and now, its far to late to source any other options.

I agree many players come to Wenty, but that's whats called a free society. It is anyones right to attempt to make any side they choose. The Bundy Cup and NSW Cup sides certainly buy in players, and if you think that isn't frustrating for the players who have been slugging it away in A grade hoping for a call up, your kidding yourselves. A Grade doesn't need to pay players, they are a professional club and that's what draws in new players.

This problem is indicative of other problems within the district. Parramatta don't encourage teams to improve. They are happy to let sides remain in the lower divisions despite a lack of sides in 1st division. Again, I will mention the 1st division 17's side - 4 teams - that's not a competition, your guaranteed to make the semis - why bother even trying in the 15 round competition just wait until semi-final time.

If something isn't done regarding the administration of the district junior rugby league - either by the powers that be at Parramatta or the NSWRL, eventually the district will fall apart and who suffers then - the Kids.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Whatever your opinon of the clubs are, you must realise that the players are the ones who really suffer. Many of them, in spite of your assertion that they have 'brought the comp' have played for Wenty for years and basically want to stay there. They have pride in the jersey and after C grade, their only option is the A Grade comp. The players still don't know where or even if they are going to play, they have been training since November last year and now, its far to late to source any other options.

I agree many players come to Wenty, but that's whats called a free society. It is anyones right to attempt to make any side they choose. The Bundy Cup and NSW Cup sides certainly buy in players, and if you think that isn't frustrating for the players who have been slugging it away in A grade hoping for a call up, your kidding yourselves. A Grade doesn't need to pay players, they are a professional club and that's what draws in new players.

This problem is indicative of other problems within the district. Parramatta don't encourage teams to improve. They are happy to let sides remain in the lower divisions despite a lack of sides in 1st division. Again, I will mention the 1st division 17's side - 4 teams - that's not a competition, your guaranteed to make the semis - why bother even trying in the 15 round competition just wait until semi-final time.

If something isn't done regarding the administration of the district junior rugby league - either by the powers that be at Parramatta or the NSWRL, eventually the district will fall apart and who suffers then - the Kids.

Well said, the district and all clubs in it need to take a holistic approach to this issue and fast.
The administration is frustrating good people out of the game.

Footy Tragic

Juniors

If these kids coming up from C grade over the years want to play for Wenty let them, enter the Parramatta comp but the club refuses to play without payment. If they don't need to pay players,as you say, what is the issue. There is a six team comp without Wenty and Mounties, so can't be team numbers.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
You have to be kidding.
Players are busting to play for these clubs due to their professionalism and their success.
These two clubs have consistently asked for the competition to be revamped to benefit all clubs and instead got shown the door.
Ask any player what sort of oney they are being paid and they will tell you it is not much, it is the quality of the club abd how they treat their players that matter and that is what all other clubs should be trying to do.
If you seriously think the other clubs are happy you are sadly mistaken.
You only have to talk to them to see that they want changes.
I think you are kidding calling Mounties a professional club, as i previosly stated, they couldn't even put an A grade team on the field every week last year. Embarrassing for a "professional" club. Who you plan to blame for that piece of professionalism?

aussiegirl

Juniors
i totally agree with footytragic wenty have for as long as i can remember tried to poach juniors from the struggling clubs as soon as these clubs had a kid who showed potential wenty would try their hardest to get him those two clubs were given the chance to stay but they chose to ask permission to go else where

Captain Mulga

Juniors
I think you are kidding calling Mounties a professional club, as i previosly stated, they couldn't even put an A grade team on the field every week last year. Embarrassing for a "professional" club. Who you plan to blame for that piece of professionalism?

The clubs professionalism is well know.
It is also well known that the club had a horrific injury toll last season with 6 regular Bundy players and 11 A Graders out for the season which obviously put a huge burden on the club.

It is a tribute to the players from A Grade that they soldiered on and did what they did and the club has enormous respect for them for doing what they did.

Yes they had to forfeit two games but they never gave up and they are all held in great esteem for the way they conducted themselves through an obviously bad time.

The club has learnt lessons from that too and that is why we now have an abundance of talent wanting to play.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
i totally agree with footytragic wenty have for as long as i can remember tried to poach juniors from the struggling clubs as soon as these clubs had a kid who showed potential wenty would try their hardest to get him those two clubs were given the chance to stay but they chose to ask permission to go else where

More misinformation about this issue.
The three clubs were never given a chance.
The district has been imposed with restrictions that ensure mediocrity will prevail instead of excellence.
The three clubs most affected just haapen to be the ones that will speak up and dont just blindly follow everything put in front of them.
What the restrictions effectively mean is that clubs have to shed good, experianced and loyal players to fit under the system and some players cannot play at all.
Some of these players have been long term players for these clubs and in some cases, juniors that have come up the ranks.
It is breaking the hearts of officials who will have to make that call and some are prepared to walk away from the game they love because they just cant do it.
It is a sad day for the district when we are prepared to throw away players who have been loyal to us, all because we have neglected a vital part of the competition for so long that it has become too hard to fix.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
More misinformation about this issue.
The three clubs were never given a chance.
The district has been imposed with restrictions that ensure mediocrity will prevail instead of excellence.
The three clubs most affected just haapen to be the ones that will speak up and dont just blindly follow everything put in front of them.
What the restrictions effectively mean is that clubs have to shed good, experianced and loyal players to fit under the system and some players cannot play at all.
Some of these players have been long term players for these clubs and in some cases, juniors that have come up the ranks.
It is breaking the hearts of officials who will have to make that call and some are prepared to walk away from the game they love because they just cant do it.
It is a sad day for the district when we are prepared to throw away players who have been loyal to us, all because we have neglected a vital part of the competition for so long that it has become too hard to fix.
Do I not understand how the Bundy Cup works?

Is there not a point system with "restrictions that ensures mediocrity" in a similar vain to Parra A grade? The same comp you've had no complaints about and in fact have spent an absolute fortune over the last few years.

So can we take it we can soon expect a similar attack on the NSWRL and for you to take your bat and ball home to mummy and apply to the Q Cup for admission?

Actually a comp that ensures mediocrity is the perfect place for Mounties, I've been watching that come straight out of the Mounties football club for twenty years.

As for you believing your a professionally run club, I'm not sure if you realise but there is a part of your club - they are called under 6's to C grade. You have a committee there that has seen more turn over of executives then I've seen your Bundy side turn over the pill in he last two weeks. Positions have been left vacant because of a lack of volunteers. You've had two people doing the job of ten in the juniors, and ten doing the job of two with Bundy. Very professional

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Do I not understand how the Bundy Cup works?

Is there not a point system with "restrictions that ensures mediocrity" in a similar vain to Parra A grade? The same comp you've had no complaints about and in fact have spent an absolute fortune over the last few years.

So can we take it we can soon expect a similar attack on the NSWRL and for you to take your bat and ball home to mummy and apply to the Q Cup for admission?

Actually a comp that ensures mediocrity is the perfect place for Mounties, I've been watching that come straight out of the Mounties football club for twenty years.

As for you believing your a professionally run club, I'm not sure if you realise but there is a part of your club - they are called under 6's to C grade. You have a committee there that has seen more turn over of executives then I've seen your Bundy side turn over the pill in he last two weeks. Positions have been left vacant because of a lack of volunteers. You've had two people doing the job of ten in the juniors, and ten doing the job of two with Bundy. Very professional

More misinformation, your good at it.

DragonSanta

Juniors
The Wenty players were told last night at training that they are playing in the div 1 & 2 Parra comp this year and the competition will be regraded sometime in the season. Penrith have okayed them to play in their comp as of next year. So consider the Wenty boys locked and loaded to have a crack at their 8th straight premiership.

I would say that the NSWRL may need to shoulder some of the blame here. For years they have stated before every competition begins that there teams who are showing definite interest in the Jim Beam / Bubdy comps. Then lone behold we are served up the same teams every year except for fly by nighters who survive for a year or two. Surely it is time to have a competition with Bundy Sides and NSW Cup sides playing in one competition. An 8 team comp is not the answer, also sides get no financial benefit from winning the comp. Even in sem-professional soccer they get money for winning competitions.
No matter which side of the fence you sit on regarding the A-Grade, it is not good for the parra clubs and the comps they are involved in. It is also has a flow on affect when The Eels want to send back U20 players to Bundy Club / A-Grade as their point value means teams struggle to get their teams under the cap.
In regard to bigger clubs poaching players etc, they simply can't win. When many of them had $0 for rego they were crucified for attracting too many players so a uniform fee of $80 was brought in to even the playing field. Now some, not all, are whinging that people look at $80 and say I can play here for $80 or there $80.
It is not the clubs that poach players, its the individual, there are many teams, from smaller clubs, who have players that coaches have 'poached'. This agrument has been going on for 100 years and will continue for another 100.
One thing nobody on here can be criticised for is their passion for the game and their club. That's why it is such a great game.

Latest posts