What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

greenfins

Juniors
Another non local junior we have probably paid overs for. Penrith have a knack for wasting money on these kids that never go on, for us that is. What Jake Seaton was on could have paid for 5 or 6 local juniors, Harry Sjekia could pay for the whole squad. We signed a guy last year that didnt even come here, Max Ray. The year Graham and Waddell played sg ball they had 6 guys from Qld, none are still here. Penrith should wake up and look after there own, they may become more successful if they did. Everyone bags penrith with the biggest junior nursery, but alot of there junior guys come from country, qld and nz.

You are living in the 80's man, Rugby League has gone past 'only giving locals from your area' a contract. If the local talent are good enough they will get an offer, every single NRL club looks beyond their own back yard. I think Penrith still sign a greater percentage of locals than most other clubs.

Yes I know you are obviously passionate about local juniors, but the NRL has lost loyality long ago, its now a business. Why would you not want a couple of Qld juniors each year to see if you hit a winner, you only got to look at State of Origin (unfortunately) to see there is plenty of talent north of the boarder.

stretcher

Juniors
Joel waddell has broken his leg, very unlikely he will end up playing much, if any SG Ball.
Who is Ryan Cambell?
He must of broken his leg off considering pre season training dosent start till mid november that leaves 14to15 weeks wow.And in regards to the windsor player its Reegan Campbell not Ryan...

sweet-as

Juniors
He must of broken his leg off considering pre season training dosent start till mid november that leaves 14to15 weeks wow.And in regards to the windsor player its Reegan Campbell not Ryan...

I don't know, I just heard it was really serious and could be out for a very long time, could be wrong thats just what my sources say.

And Reegan ok, didn't think i'd heard of any good front rowers named Ryan.

How does the kid go anyway? never seen him play?

stretcher

Juniors
I don't know, I just heard it was really serious and could be out for a very long time, could be wrong thats just what my sources say.

And Reegan ok, didn't think i'd heard of any good front rowers named Ryan.

How does the kid go anyway? never seen him play?
He was windsors best on ground when they glenmore park him and Aaron tavaale were at each other all game and regan finished the better especially defensively...

sweet-as

Juniors
He was windsors best on ground when they glenmore park him and Aaron tavaale were at each other all game and regan finished the better especially defensively...

I hope he's good because that would solve our front rower problem.

so overall what's our squad looking like this year for ball? any chance of taking it out you reckon?

sweet-as

Juniors
Anyone want to have an early shot at naming both HM and Ball sides for next year?

My sg ball squad would look something like:

1.Clay Robinson (Brothers)
2.George Jennings (Windsor)
3.Ben Heterick (Brothers)
4.Ryan Wilson (St Clair)
5.Tony Satini (Glenmore pk)
6.Dylan Ariu (windsor)
7.Johnny (brothers)
8.Reegan (Windsor)
9.Reece Regan (Brothers)
10.Aaron Tavaale (Glenmore pk)
11.Ian Riccardi (QLD)
12.Jakiel (St Marys)
13.Pat Hollis (Windsor)

14.Tevita Vave (St marys)
15.Joe-lee (St marys)
16.Bryce Cartwright (St marys)
17.Joel Waddel (St marys)

18.Suni Fatialofa (St marys)
19.Tekina Vailea (St Clair)
20.Jason Doran (St marys)
21.Wesley Taaga (windsor)
22.Wiki T (St marys)
23.Josh Walker (Emu plains)
24.Michael Ross (St Clair)
25.Kieran Moss (Windsor)

What do you guys think?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Jennings and Reece Regan will be at other clubs in 2011.

If, Regan is gone and Waddell is injured, who will play hooker?

stretcher

Juniors
My sg ball squad would look something like:

1.Clay Robinson (Brothers)
2.George Jennings (Windsor)
3.Ben Heterick (Brothers)
4.Ryan Wilson (St Clair)
5.Tony Satini (Glenmore pk)
6.Dylan Ariu (windsor)
7.Johnny (brothers)
8.Reegan (Windsor)
9.Reece Regan (Brothers)
10.Aaron Tavaale (Glenmore pk)
11.Ian Riccardi (QLD)
12.Jakiel (St Marys)
13.Pat Hollis (Windsor)

14.Tevita Vave (St marys)
15.Joe-lee (St marys)
16.Bryce Cartwright (St marys)
17.Joel Waddel (St marys)

18.Suni Fatialofa (St marys)
19.Tekina Vailea (St Clair)
20.Jason Doran (St marys)
21.Wesley Taaga (windsor)
22.Wiki T (St marys)
23.Josh Walker (Emu plains)
24.Michael Ross (St Clair)
25.Kieran Moss (Windsor)

What do you guys think?
You no what sweetas i reckon you are spot on with that side the only other player not there would be the halfback they have signed from the central coast ive heard about and i dont think josh walker would fit in there to many in front of him i reckon guys like him and Riki Willi,Jackson Hoffman,Jarrod Brackenhoffer,Johnny Tuliatu will end up at the academy where they would actually get some game time rather than sit on the bench all year guys like Satini,Heterick,Wilson,Jennings,Robinson will play before walker because they have already played ball.Cartwright,Jakiel Wiki are exeptions walker isnt in there league.....

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I have also heard about the halfback being signed from the Central Coast. Will try and get more info on him next week if i can.

footyboy7

Juniors
Sweet as your squad looks pretty good mate, id have maybbe a few changes. Doran has been signed to Norths as i have heard and didnt make the squad.
I think you will find that only Jakiel and Bryce are certainties for the squad with J walker and wiki the next two in contention.
Personally i think the 26 may look something like this:

1. Ben Heterick BRO
2. George Jennings WIN
3. Tony Satini GP
4. Ryan Wilson STC
5. Clay Robinson BRO/ Keiran Moss WIN
6. Dylan Ariu WIN
7. Rhys Whybrow RIV / Matt Hill BRO
8. Regan Campbell WIN
9. Reece Regan BRO
10. Aaron Taavale GP
11. Jakiel Fuimaono STM
12. Pat Hollis WIN
13. Ian Riccardi QLD

14. Joel Waddell STM
15. Bryce Cartwright STM
16. Michael Ross STC
17. Tevita Vave STM
18. Brendan Heather BRO
19. Tekina Vailea STC
20. Peter Bent STM
21. Ryan Schubert WIN

Thats 23 there..
Possibility of players such as more QLDers or CRL players. Or players like Joe Lee or Roy from Brothers or Dylan Cummings from GP.
Depends on what they choose. This side is quite big. including the halves.

sweet-as

Juniors
Sweet as your squad looks pretty good mate, id have maybbe a few changes. Doran has been signed to Norths as i have heard and didnt make the squad.
I think you will find that only Jakiel and Bryce are certainties for the squad with J walker and wiki the next two in contention.

1. Ben Heterick BRO
2. George Jennings WIN
3. Tony Satini GP
4. Ryan Wilson STC
6. Dylan Ariu WIN
8. Regan Campbell WIN
9. Reece Regan BRO
10. Aaron Taavale GP
11. Jakiel Fuimaono STM
12. Pat Hollis WIN
13. Ian Riccardi QLD

14. Joel Waddell STM
15. Bryce Cartwright STM
16. Michael Ross STC
17. Tevita Vave STM
18. Brendan Heather BRO
19. Tekina Vailea STC
20. Peter Bent STM
21. Ryan Schubert WIN

Thats 23 there..
Possibility of players such as more QLDers or CRL players. Or players like Joe Lee or Roy from Brothers or Dylan Cummings from GP.

Haha what an idiot as if you would sign with Norths.
Yeah not a bad line-up, however i believe our troubles in the halves may continue?

ranga

Juniors

1. Ben Heterick BRO
2. George Jennings WIN
3. Tony Satini GP
4. Ryan Wilson STC
6. Dylan Ariu WIN
8. Regan Campbell WIN
9. Reece Regan BRO
10. Aaron Taavale GP
11. Jakiel Fuimaono STM
12. Pat Hollis WIN
13. Ian Riccardi QLD

14. Joel Waddell STM
15. Bryce Cartwright STM
16. Michael Ross STC
17. Tevita Vave STM
18. Brendan Heather BRO
19. Tekina Vailea STC
20. Peter Bent STM
21. Ryan Schubert WIN

Thats 23 there..

Latest posts