What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Position for GI?

Which Position for GI?

• Fullback

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Centre

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Five-Eighth

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Sam

First Grade
Now that we've finally got Greg Inglis, in which position do we play him?

He could stay in his natural position in the centres although he has expressed a desire to play at five-eighth. If he does end up in the halves, what would happen to John Sutton? I believe Ben Lowe was a revellation last season at lock and I wouldn't like to see him shifted out of that position to make way for Sutton.

The other option is for Inglis to play fullback.

What do you all think?

Talanexor

Juniors
I'm not a Rabbitohs fan, but I'm glad to see a world-class player going to one of the weaker club - going straight from the Storm to the Broncos without allowing other clubs to bid was pretty poor form IMO.

Anyways, to get the most out of Inglis, I think you really need to put him at fullback. He played very well there a few seasons ago while Slater was injured.

And lets face it, he has a tendency to go missing a lot - even with Smith, Finch and Cronk giving him quality ball. You have a much weaker halves pairing, so I think putting Inglis at centre is a waste.

Equally, all he really offers at five-eighth is a bomb, he doesn't have a great deal of creativity, and it much better running the ball than creating an overlap. Besides, you already have Sutton, who's a great five-eighth on his day.

Stick him at fullback. This will force him to get involved, but it will also allow him the space needed for his running game to shine. He can still chime in to a backline move or take over some of the kicking duties from this position as well, but without disrupting your halves.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fullback.

He is not a natural centre, he can play there, he is a natural fullback.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fullback IMO. With all due respect to Wesser, it's our biggest hole. Inglis has shown in the past he can be brilliant (even more so than usual) from there. And these days a fullback can play like almost another 5/8 in offense if he chooses to. Or he can hang around Burgess and Taylor and take advantage of their offloads. He is too limited in the centres, and we have centres as it is.

Fullback is the best place for him and for the team.

Fein

First Grade
He can play all of the above.

Personally I prefer fullback however if Wesser is playing well there will be other positions he can slot into with injuries etc.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
Lol that fat lazy wife beater will struggle to make the grade at all next year...he is definitely on a steep decline...you will find him to be an absolute dud signing

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
Lol that fat lazy wife beater will struggle to make the grade at all next year...he is definitely on a steep decline...you will find him to be an absolute dud signing

Zigwaa

Bench
I'd start him off in the centres and see how he goes running off Sutton. After all he's one of the best centres in world.

If after a few games he's not getting the ball he needs look at shifting him to fullback.

Fien

Juniors
He can play all of the above.

Personally I prefer fullback however if Wesser is playing well there will be other positions he can slot into with injuries etc.

I agree. Fullback is the best position for Greg. Just imagine some of his kick returns!

:D:D:D

rabs

Staff member
I'd start him off in the centres and see how he goes running off Sutton. After all he's one of the best centres in world.

If after a few games he's not getting the ball he needs look at shifting him to fullback.

this for me

BranVan3000

Coach
We have two excellent centres already. Champion was the leading try scorer for a good period of last year, though he dappled off and never recovered due to injury. That form over a full season would make him the best centre in the game. Farrell also looks like one of the most promising players in the game and he has a beautiful running style, hadnles the ball gracefully. The kid needs his shot and he'll never get it with Inglis in the way

Inglis to full back, get the old man out of the way and get Mansour learning from the best

Last edited:

2010Dragons

Bench
He will spend more time off the field than on the field. He has injuries already.
That is the pre requisite to play for the bunnies....isn't it ?