What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

True EEL

Bench
no - i'm sorry, but i'm over this.........he's got to go, untenable is the word
and if they give him until after christmas - its a joke.....

no players is bigger than the needs of the team......even if this was Hayne it would be hard to keep pandering to him like this

caylo

Bench
Agreed, think Loko needs a couple of years at least to mature, few times last year against the top sides was found out very badly.

Im not sure how old the kid is but alot of outside backs come up and perform pretty well. He will always make dumb inexperianced mistakes but alot of those things can be worked on progressivly while in grade as long as he can run hard and tackle hard the rest generally sorts it self out.

Tony Williams still makes mistakes that cost him like his continual obsession with coming back on the inside, but this hasnt stopped him from producing good performances.

If I had a choice between Atkins, Walker and Loko or Filiga in the centres I would chose one of the latter two because with experiance the former have only proven that they are inept defender in the centres.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-lea...d-eels-are-about-to-split-20101204-18kna.html

Tahu and Eels are about to split
Danny Weidler
December 5, 2010

UNLESS there is a sudden change of heart, Timana Tahu will part ways with the Eels tomorrow. I'm told it will be an amicable split. Tahu wants a break until the end of January but Parramatta won't cop that unless Tahu takes a big pay cut. They think he needs to sort his issues out and have made it clear to him he will have the club's support as he tries to get his head right. Tahu is getting counselling to help him on a number of fronts. He was living away from his family, who are in Newcastle, and that was eating at him. Another factor is that he is a private person and there have been few more talked about footballers in the NRL than Tahu. His stance during Origin is one that will be talked about for ages and the attempt to muddy his name with other accusations has hurt him deeply. Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney is keen to set a standard and waiting around until February for Tahu to come back isn't the message the Eels coach wants to send. Tahu still wants to play football but needs a long rest. His departure from the Eels will leave a massive hole at the club. Tahu is a good and brave man - let's hope he overcomes his issues and isn't lost to sport.

parra pete

Referee
:shock: ... did he? I never would have known - perhaps you should have told us that before - say maybe 5 or 6 times ... ;-)

.... AND Kyle Stanley ..... AND Kalifi Fai Fai Loa ..... seems Wayne opted for both of them over Lett when st george needed an outside back last year

i agree Lett seems a decent player - but for some reason, no matter what club he's gone to he doesn't get a good look in .... don't know why

IMO he would be a better signing than say Chris Walker, given the fact that Mick Lett is still just 23...Best football years are in front of him....
He got a look in at the Roosters before a broken leg forced a set back...

parra pete

Referee
Lett Loose at Parramatta

by Phil Sim
In the world of Rugby League, June 16, 2004 will be remembered for that Billy Slater chip and chase try which secured Queensland an upset State or Origin victory. But just a couple of hours earlier it was two young New South Welshman that had set Suncorp Stadium alight with a couple of performances that marked them as stars of the future in the Under 17 curtain raiser.

One of those youngsters was a 16-year old Jarryd Hayne who scored four tries on the wing for New South Wales as the Blues ran out easy 52 to 26 winners. But arguably the most impressive player on the field was the 17 year-old centre inside of him. That youngster was Michael Lett, at the time a Rooster's junior and the kid who Arthur Beetson not-too-long-ago nominated as the hottest prospect in the game.

This is what the Sydney Morning Herald said of Lett's performance that night. Lett "repeatedly held a defender at bay and unleashed a pass around the corner to put Hayne into the clear".

In 2007, it's quite possible that the Lett and Hayne combination could be reunited with the ex-Rooster joining the Eels for the 2007 season. Like Hayne, Lett comes from a footballing family, being a close-relative to the talented Kevin and Ken McGuiness brothers.

Lett has yet to train with Hayne, who has been a part of the Australian tri-nations squad, however he told 1Eyed Eel he'd be keen to again strike up a combination with the reigning rookie of the year. "He's going pretty good!" Lett said.

"It does give me a bit of confidence, knowing that he can do it and we played together, so it's up to me to try and step up to the mark and do what he's done".

While Lett will be almost unknown to most Parramatta fans, he's far better known out Bondi way where he was rushed through the grades with the "next big thing" tag on his shoulders. With Rooster's legend and scout, Arthur Beetson, leading the cheer squad, Lett admits "I had a bit of pressure on me at the Roosters".

Lett made his NRL debut as an 18-year old coming off the bench in 2005 before going on to play two more games at the top-level, one on the wing and the other at centre. But if 2005 was a year that promised so much for the following year, then 2006 would turn out to be just a season of bitter dissapointment for Lett.

After failing to crack an NRL berth in the early rounds, he suffered a serious ankle injury after playing just a half dozen or so games for Newtown in Premier League. After getting back on the paddock late in the season, he only managed a couple more games before doing the other ankle.

Lett said both ankles "were sweet, so I'm looking forward to a good year".

The talented youngster can play centre, wing or fullback but said "I'm happy to try and get into first grade anywhere".

Parramatta has lost considerable depth in its outside backs this year with Brett Delaney, Luke O"Dwyer, John Williams, Matt Petersen and Tony Parmatangi all to play with other clubs in 2007. However, the path to NRL in the Blue and Gold won't be a walk in the park as he will be competing with other exciting prospects like Kris Inu, Joel Reddy and David Williams for any NRL opportunities. That didn't appear to concern Lett, though.

"I think to try and get over the top of other players, that will be good for my game," he said.

Chances are that at some stage of the season, injuries or rep duties will lead to Lett getting his first Parramatta NRL call up. If that happens and Lett just happens to go on at four and Hayne is in the number five, then all Parramatta fans can hope for a repeat of that magical night back in 2004.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=158945

jono

Juniors
He's gone , his kids are enrolled in the local school up here for next year.
Have always been a great supporter of Tahu , but this is the last straw.
As everyone here has said , put in someone who has his HEART in Parramatta.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Im not sure how old the kid is but alot of outside backs come up and perform pretty well. He will always make dumb inexperianced mistakes but alot of those things can be worked on progressivly while in grade as long as he can run hard and tackle hard the rest generally sorts it self out.

Tony Williams still makes mistakes that cost him like his continual obsession with coming back on the inside, but this hasnt stopped him from producing good performances.

If I had a choice between Atkins, Walker and Loko or Filiga in the centres I would chose one of the latter two because with experiance the former have only proven that they are inept defender in the centres.
Loko is 17 and if that the case I would give Filiga first dibs,

Parraletic

Juniors
These footballers these days are soft. If I askes my boss for a few months off he tell me I could f*ck off. These guys need a reality check. If his contracted here he must train, if he doesn't want to, his in breach of his contract.

parra pete

Referee
Tahu has made Parra a laughing stock again.

Do you really mean that? When did it stop being a laughing stock?
Without knowing the full circumstances regarding Timana, I would be loathe to condemn him.
You don't and I don't know what the problem is..
I know this though, a fit - physically and mentally - would be a welcome addition to any team.
I hope the bloke for his and Rugby League's sake can get over whatever is troubling him, whether it takes six days, six weeks, six months or six years.
People of his courage and ability don't come along too often.

mrpwnd

Bench
Do you really mean that? When did it stop being a laughing stock?
Without knowing the full circumstances regarding Timana, I would be loathe to condemn him.
You don't and I don't know what the problem is..
I know this though, a fit - physically and mentally - would be a welcome addition to any team.
I hope the bloke for his and Rugby League's sake can get over whatever is troubling him, whether it takes six days, six weeks, six months or six years.
People of his courage and ability don't come along too often.
Look, we can all be naive and try to turn the blind eye and play all that 'oh, he's got issues, we should leave him alone and not judge etcetc'.
But the fact remains that he's ended up in the papers for all the wrong, dumb and pointless reasons whilst contracted to us. You may have more patience than the average bloke but there are a lot of people who, quite frankly, have had enough with this drama queen.
I really couldn't care less what sort of little rage-queen demons or issues he's got going, either way he shouldn't put the club in a difficult position. I'll be glad to see this wanker gone.

sarahk

Juniors
Opinion from sarahk?

lol

While its upsetting that he might be leaving us, i think that at the end of the day some things are bigger than one's footy career and if Tahu needs time off to resolve whatever issues he's having than so be it. From my teams point of view, the whole situation sucks as we're now left centre-less but from a personal point of view i wish him all the best.

p.s spot on i still think the media has an agenda against him.

Spot On

Coach
lol

While its upsetting that he might be leaving us, i think that at the end of the day some things are bigger than one's footy career and if Tahu needs time off to resolve whatever issues he's having than so be it. From my teams point of view, the whole situation sucks as we're now left centre-less but from a personal point of view i wish him all the best.

Well said sarahk.

parra pete

Referee
lol

Totally agree. Personal problems need solving, and it is very obvious Timana has huge personal problems. Who cares if he takes three months off. He will come back fresher for you blokes at the right end of the season.
Just pretend he has an injury like Campo.....you can't afford to lose one of the better players in the competition..

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I think he feels that we haven't done the right thing by him. Goes back to when he said that Ossie promised him a 3 year deal after signing an initial 1 year deal. Then that dragged on to the point when he was virtually without a job.

On top of that, what if he was used/persuaded/conned/manipulated into having a go at DA and this has messed with his conscience as well/since????;-)

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
This deserves its own thread.
TRAITOR!
;-)

x 3 :thumbd:

images

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It doesn't concern me...but what I saw of Jacob Loko last season, he has a long, long, long, long way to go before he becomes a player of NRL standard. The kid is still at school. Big difference between schoolboy footy and NRL. He would be found out very very quickly.
'Many are called. few are chosen'.
The streets are paved with kids who were thrown in at the deep end before they were ready.
Just an observation from someone on the outside looking in...

From the green green grass hills of home...

Snoochies

First Grade
At the end of the day, Tahu's personal demons are in reality alot more important to deal with than our (fans) need to see Parra succeed. Us enjoying watching Parra is an escape from our own personal lives and a luxury wheras to Tahu it's a livelihood and when personal matters take over your livelihood, they need to be addressed.

Personally, I'd rather see Tahu be healed of his dramas and see a person carry on with life rather than worry about if Parra is going to fulfill my desire to see them succeed. Some things are alot more important in life than my own small desires.

I hope Tahu sorts himself out and I think Parra have done a great job in helping him out the best they can but there is so much they can do.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
At the end of the day, Tahu's personal demons are in reality a lot more important to deal with than our (fans) need to see Parra succeed. Us enjoying watching Parra is an escape from our own personal lives and a luxury whereas to Tahu it's a livelihood and when personal matters take over your livelihood, they need to be addressed.

Personally, I'd rather see Tahu be healed of his dramas and see a person carry on with life rather than worry about if Parra is going to fulfill my desire to see them succeed. Some things are a lot more important in life than my own small desires.

I hope Tahu sorts himself out and I think Parra have done a great job in helping him out the best they can but there is so much they can do.

:clap::clap:

Latest posts